wow, i think i'm just about done with GameFaqs and their BS

Talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

wow, i think i'm just about done with GameFaqs and their BS

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:50 pm

i can't believe it... my "Lufia II "Favorite Quotes" got deleted today (4/26 1:31PM)... here was my original post:

<i>Lei_Trigar
Posted: 5/14/2008 4:21:13 PM
message detail

in this Topic you'll post your favorite quote (or any quote, or even any short funny conversation) from any character in the game (not just the main characters)

so to start it off...

Dekar: I will bow down to no one!</i>

this Topic of mine was there for almost one year and i bet that "certain someone" had the gall to mark it before then... and GameFaqs is dumb enough to actually consider it "Off-Topic". i mean it had quotes from characters IN THE GAME!! this has really pissed me off... i mean what is their definition of "Off-Topic"!? seriously? i can't believe i can't have topics about things in the game and make some little games out of them...

all i wanted to do is have some fun with things ABOUT THE GAME!

anyway, i'm sorry for venting here... but if i do it there i will probably get suspended again or something stupid like that... *sigh*
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:30 pm

Ah, no problem with that one. So GAMEFAQs is now about discussing what is in the game and nothing else. I would love to see this happening with the Final Fantasy boards.

Do you know how many FF fanboys would get pissed off?
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:50 pm

yeah or even the Zelda boards... it's stupid to pick on (a now slow) board such as Lufia II... and i believe i know who's behind it... but there's nothing i can do... i even have some proof, but the guy closed his account and for sure made a new one... god what a pointless charade this is... but damn it! he's getting all my stuff modded!

Fleadh Forever!
Villager

Postby Fleadh Forever! » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:45 pm

I saw that. I thought it was a mistake. Some part of me still hopes it is.

These people have GOT to figure something out:
A SNES board won't be the same as the board for Street Fighter IV, or whatever "hot new releases" are coming out. We don't need to restrict EVERY board to gameplay material and useful information! Some people aren't looking for codes, strategies, or release data; some people just want to TALK ABOUT A GAME THEY LOVE!

I am really sorry, Lei...I wish I could've done something about it, even though there was probably nothing.

If you would rather talk about it away from the board, or build another anthology elsewhere, I'm more than willing to help contribute.
Here's my review. THIS is how much I love this game.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/re ... 17699.html

"And on this date, at this very moment, I swear it. I will never love any video game more than I love Lufia II."
--Me, 9/10/2007, in my GameFaqs review of Lufia II

Chris
Forum Admin

Re: wow, i think i'm just about done with GameFaqs and their

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:10 am

Lêi_Trigar wrote:i can't believe it... my "Lufia II "Favorite Quotes" got deleted today (4/26 1:31PM)... here was my original post:

<i>Lei_Trigar
Posted: 5/14/2008 4:21:13 PM
message detail

in this Topic you'll post your favorite quote (or any quote, or even any short funny conversation) from any character in the game (not just the main characters)

so to start it off...

Dekar: I will bow down to no one!</i>

this Topic of mine was there for almost one year and i bet that "certain someone" had the gall to mark it before then... and GameFaqs is dumb enough to actually consider it "Off-Topic". i mean it had quotes from characters IN THE GAME!! this has really pissed me off... i mean what is their definition of "Off-Topic"!? seriously? i can't believe i can't have topics about things in the game and make some little games out of them...

all i wanted to do is have some fun with things ABOUT THE GAME!

anyway, i'm sorry for venting here... but if i do it there i will probably get suspended again or something stupid like that... *sigh*

Isn't there a formal way to appeal such a decision?

I had a post moderated at GameFAQs last year (it was a relatively harmless question about Spore and DRM), and there was a link to appeal against the action (which I did). Presumably appeals don't go to the original moderator?

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:37 am

Fleadh Forever! wrote:I saw that. I thought it was a mistake. Some part of me still hopes it is.

These people have GOT to figure something out:
A SNES board won't be the same as the board for Street Fighter IV, or whatever "hot new releases" are coming out. We don't need to restrict EVERY board to gameplay material and useful information! Some people aren't looking for codes, strategies, or release data; some people just want to TALK ABOUT A GAME THEY LOVE!

i wish it was a mistake, i'm sadden that this idiot keeps getting all my topics deleted... (i know it's HIM because do you really think only MY topics bother people? if anything they want my topics there). and yes, they really do, games that old shouldn't have to be put under such strict restrictions... but this is GameFaqs we're talking about, they couldn't care less about us...

Fleadh Forever! wrote:I am really sorry, Lei...I wish I could've done something about it, even though there was probably nothing.

i really appreciate it though, Fleadh.

Fleadh Forever! wrote:If you would rather talk about it away from the board, or build another anthology elsewhere, I'm more than willing to help contribute.

thanks, i might just start it up here. at least here we wouldn't have to worry about it getting archived.

Chris wrote:Isn't there a formal way to appeal such a decision?

I had a post moderated at GameFAQs last year (it was a relatively harmless question about Spore and DRM), and there was a link to appeal against the action (which I did). Presumably appeals don't go to the original moderator?

if there is a formal way to do this please someone show me! i don't want to screw it up... and if i tell them how i feel about this it might backfire. XD
and i don't know if the appeals go to the same moderator.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:52 am

Lêi_Trigar wrote:if there is a formal way to do this please someone show me! i don't want to screw it up... and if i tell them how i feel about this it might backfire. XD

Take a look at: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/help/entry.html?cat=19

"What can I do if I feel that a moderation was unfair?"

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:04 am

Chris wrote:
Lêi_Trigar wrote:if there is a formal way to do this please someone show me! i don't want to screw it up... and if i tell them how i feel about this it might backfire. XD

Take a look at: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/help/entry.html?cat=19

"What can I do if I feel that a moderation was unfair?"

hm... i have three days to come up with a well written explanation... and it does if fact go to a different moderator... well, i might have a shot. it even says "even return your post to the boards in some cases". that would be great. wish me luck!

and thanks Chris! :D

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:04 am

No problem! And good luck. :)

Fleadh Forever!
Villager

Postby Fleadh Forever! » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:56 am

Well, just gotta get some good inspiration, and write a really well-written, but polite letter.

Good luck. I know you'll do a great job. :)
Here's my review. THIS is how much I love this game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/re ... 17699.html

"And on this date, at this very moment, I swear it. I will never love any video game more than I love Lufia II."

--Me, 9/10/2007, in my GameFaqs review of Lufia II

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:57 pm

Good luck!
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:10 pm

dont hold your breath on it. I contested most, if not ALL of the crap that got moderated in my threads. I explained how the decisions were not only unfair, but also how no rules were directly broken, how this would eventually harm the boards, etc etc.

Guess what? Every moderation was upheld.

The contest moderation option is sent to another moderator, or multiple ones, but gamefaqs has a reputation of all the mods being buttbuddies of one another. I mean, do a google search of "gamefaqs moderators". Talk about a bad reputation.

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:17 pm

Volt wrote:The contest moderation option is sent to another moderator, or multiple ones, but gamefaqs has a reputation of all the mods being buttbuddies of one another. I mean, do a google search of "gamefaqs moderators". Talk about a bad reputation.

heh, i checked out the site, and that is the best thing i've ever read in the past months... and it's TRUE! however, i will still appeal it, even though i know my chances of getting it overturned are like 1:00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000012
and it seems i'll be saying around the same stuff as you did... i'll post what i'm going to send them to see what you guys think.

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:08 am

To whom it may concern,

Allow me to tell you a story about something that happened alomost 2 years ago...

I had this topic on the Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals board titled: "For those who played Lufia II first.....". Bacisly it was a topic about how I felt about the game, how the ending really took me by surprise. Well in time many users (including myself) posted awesome stories about this game; The story, the music, the characters, the gameplay, etc. Then one day I came on only to find it was deleted for "Spoilers". Which I didn't understand, the title said: "For those who <b>played</b> Lufia II <b>first</b>....." meaning for those who played the game already.

Well, I was hurt, all those stories gone... I was considering leaving the board but one day (about less then a week later) this user from GameFaqs IMed me. (NOTE: If you require proof of this conversation we had ask, for i personally saved it for future reference like this). I knew him from the Lufia boards and I asked if he visited them recently, he then told me he was the one who marked my topic getting it deleted. I asked him why and he said he was tring to put Lufia to rest and was testing his powers over me. Well after that little chat we had I went to the Lufia board to tell everyone there what was going now... but within hours he had already marked it and got it deleted for being "Off-Topic". Only a few actually saw the topic. I even posted what was going on in other topics but he'd see that and then mark that topic, getting it deleted. I gave up trying to tell everyone so I just sat in the background, then I noticed he wasn't really doing anything to anyone else. So I started up some other topics like: "Lufia II Favorite Quotes" and "We are #4", and I even posted some fun little games about the game. At that time it was peaceful...

Well about 2 months later I found out that the user who basicly threatened me had closed his account. Surprised I decided to tell my good friends on the board about it. Well shortly after all hell broke lose. Also during that time another user had some topics about this old contest they had years ago about characters from RPGs fighting each other, and that drew some unwanted attention as well. Anyway, the point here is that I assume the user who closed his account obviously made a new one and didn't every much like it when I told everyone about himself closing his old account, well he went on a marking spree and nearly all the topics where getting deleted, I called it the "Board Purge". Even my "We are #4" topic for being "Off-Topic" even though it was clearly about the game play. (The reason I know it was him is because <b>NOTHING</b> was getting deleted <b>UNTIL</b> I posted about his old account being self closed.) Anyway, A lot of people were not very happy with what was going on with all the unjust moderations, and protested. Well, obviously it (since the Mods here seem to think they're gods or something and can do no wrong) didn't solve anything... In fact some were banned, suspended, and MANY left the board all together. It has been like that ever since...

Well these past weeks I noticed that this game made it into the Best. Game. Ever. contest, only to be put in a suicide match up. Well during that match the board got fairly active with many people showing there support for the game, well the next day the game was #2 in the Top Ten Message Boards. So for laughs I posted: "We are #2" topic saying that this game because of the contest made it into the #2 spot.

Well almost a week later I come here to see that my "Lufia II Favorite Quotes" got deleted for being "Off-Topic". I couldn't believe it. Then I realized that user saw my "We are #2" topic and didn't like it and decided to take down my only surviving topic during that "Board Purge" we had. The topic was almost there for a year. And now he decides to mark it because I made that "We are #2" topic. And don't think its just conincidence, I know this. The topic was there for 2 weeks short of a year and within days of me posting a topic that is titled similar to a previous one, it gets deleted, sorry, but I don't agree with this.

The point of all this you ask? The point is I'm beening marked for unjust reasons! No one on the board has any problems with the topics I make. In fact, people enjoyed them. Now I have nothing left there, every topic I've made there where people got either inspired or had fun with are now gone cause of this one user who has a problem with me, and I don't know why, I've never insaulted, made fun of, or even argued with anyone from GameFaqs. It is very wrong. And it needs to stop.

Now, as far as this topic being "Off-Topic" I say that it's not, you have to PLAY the game inorder to read the things the characters say. You have to being playing the game to get to certain points in the game to advance. So how is posting a quote from a character you have to get to by playing the game considered "Off-Topic"?

And one more thing, this is a SNES game, it's not something that just came out last week, the people who go to these boards are people who love the game and want to talk about it, I don't see why a board for game that came out 14 years ago should have to face such bizzare restrictions.

I've said what I've had to say, now give me some witty response.

well guys? how do you think that'll hold up? XD

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:31 am

I've read it, and sadly I can come up with a BS moderator response. I dealt with these people in real life.

Why do I not tell you what they'll do, its simple... To give yourself as well as all the other Lufia fans (including myself) some hope in the situation. I especially don't feel like emphasizing the odds with this thing.

Sure I bitch about the economics for a Lufia sequel from time to time. That is because I want to ensure the possibilities of why the franchise can or cannot continue (It'd be a miracle and a masterpiece if it does continue).

Something like this is threatening not only free speech on the internet, but internet freedom itself. If GameFAQs is going to abuse its power and deny the freedom to discuss the content and history of the game/franchise (or in this case the existence of the popularity of Lufia II), then they pretty much deny the freedom to discuss and research everything except on how to beat the game. Excuse my French, but this is literally HORSE CRAP!!!

Hell, if this continues, then we may as well say screw it and delete all topics not relating to beating Lufia here on Lufia World to follow their example because Gamespot and IGN would do the same.

Thank you Chris for breaking away from Gamespot and letting the forum be on its own again. Now we don't have to worry about corruption about sponsored sites. Once I start my career as a developer you bet your bottom dollar I'll sponsor Lufia forum sites.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”