Too Long

Share your Lufia fan fiction and artwork in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Foomy
Knight

Too Long

Postby Foomy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:20 am

Alright so I don't know about everyone else, but I'm tired of waiting for a new Lufia fan game. So I've decided that I'll have to do it. As usual I'm gonna need help so if anyone would like to volunteer you can contact me on AIM. My screen name is Ultimatetracuer. You can also contact me on myspace. http://www.myspace.com/toby_7525

I have all the tools I need to make the game itself. What I need is ideas for the story.
Don't make me cast you into the fires of oblivion.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:03 am

Foomy,

This is great news and I wish you the best of luck! It would be fantastic to see a Lufia fan game finally released.

I've promoted this thread on the front page of Lufia World, and would be happy to create a sub-forum here if you would like one. When more information about the game is available, if you would like a sub-section on the main site (like that for the abandoned Resurrection game), let me know and provide me with materials, and I will promote your work for you. :-)

Chris

Foomy
Knight

Postby Foomy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:09 am

Well I appreciate the gesture Chris. For now though let's just keep this fan game stuff here. I'm just recruiting right now, maybe if I get enough support. Even if I don't I'll still make the game. It just won't be as spectacular as it can be. I'll keep you posted.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:35 am

No worries. Let me know if you need anything from me later. :)

PS - if anybody else is working on Lufia fan stuff too, do let me know, as I am always happy to promote it.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:10 am

I'm panicking over finals right now, but I am absolutely sure that within the next week and a half I will be able to help you not with just the story, but also a bit of debugging advice if you want it.

Speaking of tools, what engine or tool set are you using? I may be able to come up with some wicked game play designs if you want to hear.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Brown-Acid
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Brown-Acid » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:40 am

What makes you think u wont struggle or die like other promised fan games?

Id be able to help if i knew what skills your looking for
give me a moment so i can think up a good idea

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:39 pm

Chris wrote:Foomy,

This is great news and I wish you the best of luck! It would be fantastic to see a Lufia fan game finally released.

I've promoted this thread on the front page of Lufia World, and would be happy to create a sub-forum here if you would like one. When more information about the game is available, if you would like a sub-section on the main site (like that for the abandoned Resurrection game), let me know and provide me with materials, and I will promote your work for you. :-)

Chris

Well I never had this much publicity for my fan works... Then again I never really started on the programming yet.
---DarkMaster2101

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:51 pm

DarkMaster2101 wrote:
Chris wrote:Foomy,

Chris

Well I never had this much publicity for my fan works... Then again I never really started on the programming yet.

Let me know about it and I'll promote it just the same. :)

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:04 pm

A bit too late don't you think? I put a plug on the project now. Though I would like to know more about Foomy's plans though.
---DarkMaster2101

Foomy
Knight

Postby Foomy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:08 pm

Well right now I'm learning the RGSS system for RPG Make XP so I can recreate the Lufia battle system. What I need is a good story for the game. I could create one myself but I'd rather hear everyone's ideas on what should come next in the series. A fan game would be better if it was created by more than one fan. Once we decide on a storyline and I get a battle system up and running, then the rest should be cake.

Also to Brown Acid, I live a normal day to day life. I go to work, I come home. That's all I do. So I've got the time. I don't plan on quitting. That's not what I was trained to do. As far as dying goes.......Well it's nothing something that anyone has control of. Especially since I'm in the military.

The only thing right now that's gonna slow down my progress is me moving. I have to go to England in June, otherwise I have no problems or hindrances.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:27 pm

DarkMaster2101 wrote:A bit too late don't you think? I put a plug on the project now.

Then perhaps it was a good thing that I didn't know about it!

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:58 pm

a idea for a story huh? hm... first we need the timeline as when this takes place... i think if we go to far into the future it might make things weird... i mean how many times will the 4 Sinistrals keep coming back and try to take over the world of Lufia only to fail.

maybe, it could be about time when the 4 Sinistrals actually had control of Lufia, and you have to find or save the only person who still has the blood of Maxim in him/her and the Dual Blade (which will be in the Sinistrals hands) to save Lufia from the Sinstrals.

i can kinda see the opening now, knida like Lufia: FoD, you start out as this group of people fighting the Sinistrals, but fail, and then say... 20-30 years later it just talks about how life with Sinistral Rule is, then it goes to a village where the next adventure will begin.

well, that's a start yes?
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:18 pm

I was thinking about using some of the plotline from the unreleased Ruins Chasers to give more detail about the plot. As for using Lufia herself well... I don't think now is the time.

I was going to use for Lufia: Stagnate Memories. But as I said, the next gen project is an impossibility.

*spoilers*
Lufia was going have a split personality with Erim, and both have to fight eachother for control of the body.

Also, does it have to be exactly like Lufia II's battle system? I mean I love the IP and TBS; however, the character roles, the combat, and especialy the ability system just isn't up to date.

I know how to solve that problem. Add a trait system. Traits are passivel abilities that are always active and have unique effects. Not only the simple "counter-attack" and "double cast," but have some traits that make characters lethal to certain monsters while others gain power at low health. Those kind of things.
---DarkMaster2101

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:24 pm

i don't know, i honestly really like Lufia II's battle system, the only thing that was really lacking was difficulty. but the Ancient Cave made normal battles pretty intense.

i like your trait idea, made we can somehow use both?
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Foomy
Knight

Postby Foomy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:49 pm

Yea the trait system is definitely worth having, I could probably try to make a "Tales of" battle system. That way it would be easier to incorporate the trait system. plus it would give battles a little more substance.

As far as story ideas, I was thinking that it would take place 50 years after FoD. I have a few ideas but I don't really want to discuss them via the forum. As they could turn into spoilers.

Return to “Lufia Fan Works”