wow, i think i'm just about done with GameFaqs and their BS

Talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:59 pm

GameFAQs is trying to eliminate the power of the all Lufia fans (not just fan boys). I don't know their evil plot but if it is grave enough to destroy an already dead fan base then...

Wait, there is still a fan base. Then that means my plan to bring back Lufia still has a chance (for now).

DAMN YOU GAMEFAQS!!! YOU SHALL NOT HINDER MY DREAMS!!!
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Trucidation
Red Jelly

Postby Trucidation » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:32 am

*digs up horse corpse, proceeds to beat with shovel*

Most of the games I'd been serious about talking to other fans with, I'd always preferred to find a game-specific forum. Never on GameFAQs; that place is only good for random drive-by "i like this game too" kind of posts. Lurk, poast, move on. If you're lucky you'll find a link to a fan forum where the people are actually interested in the game.

GameFAQs boards are usually populated by 5% hardcore leet players who think they own the board and are above moderation rules (see the PSX FFT board for classic textbook example), 90% casual players who stopped by to see if there's anything of worth to read, and the remaining 5% are professional trolls who drift from board to board like locusts.

Another point against them is that they answer to a corporate overlord. This in itself tells you there will be censorship - because they need to cover their asses in case companies with rabid lawyers screw them over for allowing players to talk about stuff like illegally trading ISOs/ROMs. Can't really blame them for having to toe the line.

Of course, it's fine to blame them for crappy, biased, clueless, and randomly enforced moderation. Hell, I know nothing about the origins of the conflict mentioned earlier in this thread, yet reading the various posts I understood the situation clearly (English isn't even my first freaking language) - and the stupidity of the mod response is facepalm worthy.
I have asked for so little! Anyone would think that I have asked you to sacrifice your entire family! And yet, in Slaanesh's boundless and pleasing mercy, I have asked only for your daughters.

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:05 am

yeah i still go there once in a while... and they still delete things that they really shouldn't delete...

things did get pretty bad at one point...
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:54 pm

Yup. Even the topic Starry made, where he asked to help me, got deleted. Trying to get people to move here, which sometimes seems to work (;))... it's not even funny how idiotic the mods there are.

Tony
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”