Lufia-Patches Version 2.16 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Puella)

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

User avatar
vivify93
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: USA

Postby vivify93 » Sun May 24, 2009 12:38 am

Artemis wrote:Well, I'm too lazy to multi-quote now. ^^

I'm noooot~ :P

Artemis wrote:However, I'm quite clueless what went wrong with LLOON as it seems to be correct for example in Kureji Lufia. Guess I somehow did patch it incorrectly.

Apparently. Either that or the ROM I found wasn't clean, which I doubt.

Did I overlook Charred newt? Okay.

Yes, Goddess Edge sounds well.

So does Confusic Box.

Longsword and Shortsword... Yes, makes sense.

Yay!

Artemis wrote:]Regarding "Bronz" I chose to change it as I thought it sounds more like bronze than brone as it sounds like bone or prone.

"Bronz" looks rather...unfinished, though.

Artemis wrote:]I didn't treat words with a "-" as one word and therefore didn't capitalize it.

You should, however. Do-Re-Mi looks a lot better than Do-re-mi, don't you think? So do Ten-Legger and One-Piece as opposed to Ten-legger and One-piece.

Artemis wrote:]Hmm, what shall I do with the Statue?

Like the previous poster said, Goddess Idol works fine. I just thought Goddess Tear sounds cooler. XD

Artemis wrote:]One-piece changing into swimsuit? NO! NO! NO! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!
One Piece is great! I like it! I love it! :lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Piece

*rimshot* :lol:
Anyhow, the description should mention is a once-piece swimsuit rather than just state it's women's clothing.


Artemis wrote:]Here's what KWhazit wrote about the Katyusha:

"The word katyusha comes from the character Katyusha Maslova from a Tolstoy novel. It's just one of those simple, sometimes decorated, curved hairbands that girls often wear. If you really don't know what I mean, do a Google image search on カチューシャ for dozens of examples. Apparently, Katyusha wore this sort of hairband."

I found also this site: http://nethack.wikia.com/wiki/Katyusha

Ah, alright. So that makes sense; best to leave references in tact!


Artemis wrote:]Detoxify? Hmm, maybe detox would fit.

Ice Valk fits, so Detoxify would, too:

Code: Select all

Ice Valk
Detoxify


Unless space in the menu is really an issue.

I'll think about the Warp menu as well.

Um, OK. Dunno why you'd have to think about changing Engrish, to something in proper caps with much less letters, but OK, I'm cool with that. Unless you're talking about changing "BOUNDARY KINGDOM" and "FORFEIT ISLAND" to "BOUNDARY" and "FORFEIT" respectively.

Artemis wrote:Revive sounds fine. Stun Ball, too.

Well, my main reason for this is that "Regain" sounds more like an all-status healer, plus The Fortress of Doom and The Legend Returns both call it "Revive". Then with the Ball, Artea has a "Freeze Bow", which may lead people to believe, upon first sight, that:
A. The Freeze Ball is a stronger version of the Ice Ball.
B. The Freeze Bow has a probability to stun your enemies.
Which, as we know, is not the case with either.


Artemis wrote:Coincidentally I called the boomerangs Hi- and Ex- in Kureji Lufia where I changed some names a little bit more free. :o

If there's not enough space for "Hi-Boomerang" and "Ex-Boomerang", I suggest portmanteaus for the two of them: Biggerang and Betterang. They fit.

Code: Select all

Ex-Boomer
123456789
Biggerang
Betterang

Or maybe
Besterang



Artemis wrote:I guess you just didn't have luck with Erim. Otherwise Thunder or Zap shouldn't work as well. Or maybe she just knew that you would stop fighting her if she'd use that and therefore didn't to prevent you from leaving her alone. Poor lonesome Erim... :cry:

I guess I could re-download the patch and defend for a few turns before I claim she doesn't cast it, but still, it would be nice if you could look into it to make sure Eerie Light is indeed on her spell list.

Artemis wrote:I checked the Dragslayer and it doesn't seem to say "Dragon" in the Japanese version, though.

Eh, alright.

Artemis wrote:Hmm, I might look for the Stela thing.

Thank you so much! I know we only know her for like, 3 minutes tops, but I still really appreciate this! :D

Artemis wrote:And I'll stay with Darn and Ice Valk I think.

Eh, "Darn" makes the final bit of the ending a little anticlimatic, but whatever you say.

And no, no, I wasn't suggesting you change Ice Valk to anything else. I was saying, the IP skill for the Super Ice Ring, (I remember they're rings now, sorry. XD) is called "Ice.Valk" with the period, rather than "Ice Valk" with the space.

EDIT: New idea for that accursed ending line. We get to avoid both a swear and "darn."

Change "Darn!" simply to "No!"
Last edited by vivify93 on Sun May 24, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

User avatar
Anthony
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:20 am
Location: Netherlands

Postby Anthony » Sun May 24, 2009 6:52 am

I must say- very impressive what you're doing here, keep it up!

Tony
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

User avatar
vivify93
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: USA

Postby vivify93 » Sun May 24, 2009 7:44 am

Well, I cast Shield, Bravery, and Fake six times each from Maxim, Selan, and Artea each, and defended for about 2-4 turns after that. Sure enough, Erim cast Eerie Light! She should probably cast it a little more frequently though, unless the attack she'll use is randomized--then there's nothing we can do about it, I don't think.

EDIT: New idea for the "Bronz Shield"--we also take the Fortress of Doom route "Bronze Plate".
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

User avatar
Artemis
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:30 am

Postby Artemis » Sun May 24, 2009 10:18 am

I think I'll use "Detox" as it has two syllables like Release or Waken.

And okay, I'll look for that final "Darn".

I had the "LLOON" thing as well, but not everywhere. I guess I somehow messed up Frue and Spekkio Lufia.

About the bronz Shield: Unfortunately the word plate is already used for some armor parts. Isn't there maybe another word for shield with 5 or less letters? Then I could also name the divine armaments "Divine". What is a "targe", anyway? It seems to be also some kind of shield, but it sounds strange.


Edit: Oh, and about Stela, there's also a little bit story during the game. :D
It's one of the many little things which are easy to overlook. She's in Aleyn and is mad at Jyad because he only thinks about ships and because he called his ship Margos instead of Stela.
There's also a boy who wonders if she's still ill after Jyad's new ship is ready. However, I guess the boy meant ill-tempered instead, as Stela wasn't really ill.


Edit2: Well, targe should work, shouldn't it? Therefore, we could say Bronze Targe and Divine Targe. I wasn't so content with saying Godly instead of Divine, anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Targe

User avatar
vivify93
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: USA

Postby vivify93 » Sun May 24, 2009 2:37 pm

Artemis wrote:I think I'll use "Detox" as it has two syllables like Release or Waken.

By that logic, I'll have to agree with you. It sounds reasonable, and saves you space, too! :lol:

Artemis wrote:And okay, I'll look for that final "Darn".

I'll be satisfied if you only look for the one in the ending. :D

Aretmis wrote:I had the "LLOON" thing as well, but not everywhere. I guess I somehow messed up Frue and Spekkio Lufia.

Well, hopefully it's something that can be easily fixed.

Artemis wrote:About the bronz Shield: Unfortunately the word plate is already used for some armor parts. Isn't there maybe another word for shield with 5 or less letters? Then I could also name the divine armaments "Divine".

Thought as much. Ah well, I tried, anyway.

Artemis wrote:What is a "targe", anyway? It seems to be also some kind of shield, but it sounds strange.

That was out of the blue. :shock: I'm guessing you Googled "synonyms for shield armor" or something while writing this post?


Oh, and about Stela, there's also a little bit story during the game. :D
It's one of the many little things which are easy to overlook. She's in Aleyn and is mad at Jyad because he only thinks about ships and because he called his ship Margos instead of Stela.
There's also a boy who wonders if she's still ill after Jyad's new ship is ready. However, I guess the boy meant ill-tempered instead, as Stela wasn't really ill.

Oh, so Stela's Jyad's girlfriend, eh? Or at least she seems to think so. :lol:
Not to go off topic, but I always like how games put in little subplots within their subplots, like in EarthBound: there's a girl who wants to go see her boyfriend in another town, but the buses are down due to ghosts haunting the tunnels. When your team gets rid of the mastermind behind the ghosts, she goes to see him, but he's found another girlfriend in the new town. Unfortunately it never goes from there, but things like that are always nice.

I wonder if Stela and Jyad's sub-subplot is ever resolved. Probably not. :(


Artemis wrote:Well, targe should work, shouldn't it? Therefore, we could say Bronze Targe and Divine Targe. I wasn't so content with saying Godly instead of Divine, anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Targe

Yup, works just fine. Bronze Targe and Divine Targe!

Another thing I'm wondering--what's a "Bort Shield"? In my final save, Guy was equipped with one of those.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

User avatar
Artemis
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:30 am

Postby Artemis » Sun May 24, 2009 2:46 pm

Bort means something like Diamond Dust. I chose it as the original name is Diamond Shield. It's the Mega Shield in the US version.

The warp menu should be fixed easily, however. I guess I've only the change one single byte for it.

User avatar
vivify93
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: USA

Postby vivify93 » Sun May 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Artemis wrote:Bort means something like Diamond Dust. I chose it as the original name is Diamond Shield. It's the Mega Shield in the US version.

Good choice, in that case.

Artemis wrote:The warp menu should be fixed easily, however. I guess I've only the change one single byte for it.

Alright then; good thing, too! :)
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

User avatar
Artemis
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:30 am

Postby Artemis » Sun May 24, 2009 5:08 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure what to do? One-piece or One-Piece?

What do the others think?

User avatar
Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians
Posts: 3235
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:06 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Postby Guard Daos » Sun May 24, 2009 5:29 pm

And another thing, how about changing "Shrine of Daos" back to "Fortress of Doom"? I always preferred the latter.

Hm... and now that I think about it, it might also be cool to make a patch that makes the dialogues at the end match those at the beginning of Lufia I (where possible). I thought the dialogue at the beginning of Lufia I sounded better. A little more... heroic, I guess. Well, that's just a thought.
Image

User avatar
vivify93
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: USA

Postby vivify93 » Sun May 24, 2009 6:11 pm

Artemis wrote:Hmm, I'm not sure what to do? One-piece or One-Piece?

What do the others think?

Can I vote twice? :P Regardless, you already know what I think.

Guard Daos wrote:Another thing, how about changing "Shrine of Daos" back to "Fortress of Doom"? I always preferred the latter.

Changing it back to the "Fortress of Doom" is pretty much mandatory, seeing as how the first game's subtitle is "& the Fortress of Doom", not "& the Shrine of Daos".

Guard Daos wrote:Hm... and now that I think about it, it might also be cool to make a patch that makes the dialogues at the end match those at the beginning of Lufia I (where possible). I thought the dialogue at the beginning of Lufia I sounded better. A little more... heroic, I guess. Well, that's just a thought.

That would be nice as well. :D Daos's "You little hoochees!" was already changed back to "You filthy pests!" in accordance with The Fortress of Doom.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

User avatar
Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians
Posts: 3235
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:06 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Postby Guard Daos » Sun May 24, 2009 6:53 pm

That's probably the only ROTS line I still want in. XD
Image

User avatar
vivify93
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: USA

Postby vivify93 » Sun May 24, 2009 6:57 pm

That's the one I want in the least. I don't want the head honcho of the Sinistrals going "YOU LITTLE HOOCHEES!!!" as his last living words. I mean, what the hell. That'd sort of be like Erim calling herself the "Lady of Removal" rather than the "Goddess of Death".
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

User avatar
Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians
Posts: 3235
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:06 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Postby Guard Daos » Sun May 24, 2009 7:06 pm

I think some people (Sinrevi... :P) might disagree. Well, I admit it isn't a great set of final words.
In other news, Kureji is HARD. Is there something in between Kureji and the ordinary Lufia? Like, with new attacks, but... doable? ;P
Image

User avatar
SinReVi
High God of the Lufians
Posts: 4638
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:57 pm
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Postby SinReVi » Sun May 24, 2009 8:32 pm

Keep the hoochees! What's wrong with Stela? If you change it change it to Stella.
Shrine of Daos is the original name, but I like the Fortress of Doom better as translation.
Image
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

User avatar
vivify93
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: USA

Postby vivify93 » Sun May 24, 2009 8:51 pm

I made a small list of everything suggested thus far.

FEEDBACK
- "Goddess Edge" sounds better than "Megami Sword".

- "Music Box" doesn't allude to the fact that it randomly casts Confuse. I suggested "Confusic Box", a portmanteau of "Confuse" and "Music Box", which you agreed to.

- To keep in-line with "Chainmail" and "Ironmail", "Longsword" and "Shortsword" should be put together. "Long Knife" should be kept as-is, however.

- "Bronz Shield" looks very ugly. I believe you settled on "Targe" for shields that needed six letters, thus you could have "Bronze Targe" and call the "Godly" equipment the "Divine" equipment (Divine Armor, Divine Targe, Divine Helm).

- "Statue" by itself seems lame. Why not go the original Japanese route and call it the "Goddess Idol"? This was suggested by someone else.

- The description of the "One-piece" armor for women should probably mention that it's swimwear.

- The poison status ailment removing spell should be called "Detox".

- Erim should cast "Eerie Light" more often, unless her spell casting is randomized. If it is indeed randomized, I reccomend removing Dark Fry or Thunder from her randomized list.

- Maybe the menu text could be put into proper caps?

- The Warp menu's "PLACE WHERE YOU MOVE TO" should probably say something akin to "Where will you go?" It saves space.

- "BOUNDARY KINGDOM" and "FORFEIT ISLAND" could probably be changed into simply "BOUNDARY" and "FORFEIT" respectively to save space.

- The "Freeze Ball" should probably be renamed "Stun Ball", as "Freeze Ball" makes it sound like a stronger version of the Ice Ball.

- "Big Boomer" and "Ex-Boomer" should probably be called somethng else. Maybe "Biggerang" and "Betterang"?

- The "Regain" item is called "Revive" in all the other Lufias, so I think to maintain consistency, it should be called "Revive" in this one as well.


ISSUES
- "CARON" was not corrected in Frue Lufia; it was changed to "LLOON", which takes you to outside the Spirit Shrine!

- The "n" in "Charred newt" should be capitalized.

- The IP Skill for the S-Ice Ring is called "Ice.Valk" with a period rather than a space. I AM NOT SUGGESTING YOU CHANGE THE NAME OF THE SPELL "ICE VALK".


PERSONAL REQUESTS
- The NPC "Stela" should be changed to "Sella" or "Stell"; the name "Stela" looks really ugly with just one 'l'. Would you do this? Please?

- My personal stance is, when capitalizing proper nouns that use hyphens, the word after the hyphen should be capitalized.

SinReVi wrote:What's wrong with Stela? If you change it change it to Stella.

See, the first two Lufias try to make the player not feel gypped by limiting NPC names to five letters. While we could expand it to Stela, I, personally, would rather try to keep that. However, he could easily just expand it to Stella. Whatever Artemis wants, I guess.

SinReVi wrote:Keep the hoochees!

Then I want the Gades to be the Lord of Booming, Amon to be the Lord of Nutty, Erim to be the Lady of Removal, and Daos to be the Lord of AAAAH!. :lol: /joke
Last edited by vivify93 on Sun May 24, 2009 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!


Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests