Lufia Cosplayers

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

HegemonKhan
Red Jelly

Postby HegemonKhan » Wed May 20, 2009 6:06 pm

meh, i know i kinda answered my own question, but the gear (tiger bikini/magic bikini, seethru, etc.) is just soo out of place....and it doesn't even do anything special at all...oh well...

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Wed May 20, 2009 9:55 pm

I hope it turns out okay. We can't find a nice sundress so my mother thought of sewing a skirt to a tank top instead. The skirt she brought is all frilly, as Lufia's isn't, and a skirt I have that could have been used (it was from my cosplay from last year of Atelier Iris' Lita) has gone AWOL. Right now, that's the most stressful part of the outfit.

Love my mother dearly and she's a great seamstress, something I'm lacking in, but she tends to do things that make no sense in order to cut something or help keep things attached (like the time she thought it was a good idea to staple rubber bands to my boot covers to keep them on...rubber + overly hot July day = mess of a costume).
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:25 am

HegemonKhan wrote:this is off-topic, but by the way, why do so many rpg games have such sexy named gear for females in their games. it's not like the graphics of the character sprites change based on what gear they equip.

what's the point of gear such as magic/tiger bikini and such sexy gear anyways (besides giving guys a slight thrill from hearing the name and imagining a cute girl wearing such clothes) ?

Sorry; I know this is from a while ago, but I can't resist. :)

I think Dragon Quest is the only RPG to counterbalance all the sexy gear they gave the girls with the "Boxer Shorts" armor, so the girls can all get a slight thrill thinking about a guy fighting in nothing but his underwear. That and I think there were some "loincloth" items in Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride that could be equipped on Prince Harry.

I dunno, though--the only real way to counterbalance this would be to have every sexy girl item counterbalanced with a male counterpart. For example, the bunny gear stuff for girls would have to be counterbalanced with some Chippendales gear for males, seethru silk would have to have a counteracting seethru vest, magic and tiger bikinis would have to have magic and tiger trunks/speedos/loincloths, etc.

It could work if you really wanted to counterbalance all the sexy gear for ladies, and like you said, the sprite (Or model nowadays) doesn't change its look unless you're in a fighting game with special costumes (Or you're playing Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. :lol: Seriously, though I haven't played the game, the hero or Angelo should've been given some sexy outfits, too.)
Last edited by vivify93 on Mon May 25, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Mon May 25, 2009 11:43 am

I don't think the point of that comment was whether it was male or female, just the sprites. :P

Come to think of it, are you a guy or a girl, vivify?

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Mon May 25, 2009 12:21 pm

I'll never teeeeell~ :P
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Mon May 25, 2009 1:35 pm

Girl? Okay.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Mon May 25, 2009 2:11 pm

Boy, actually.

Hmph, maybe I should have chosen "axe93" or something masculine sounding... This isn't the first time I've been thought of as a girl.

Heheh, I'm Yurist!

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Mon May 25, 2009 3:39 pm

Looks like my mom found the skirt we needed so that's one stresser off my shoulders. Con's in like two weeks, after all.
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

HegemonKhan
Red Jelly

Postby HegemonKhan » Mon May 25, 2009 7:05 pm

ultimately, it's marketing and business.

the majority of viewers/players are males. movies, tv shows, and video games industries take this into account.

everyone has seen a movie that has a sex scene or sexual content that really isn't needed or just there to be there. the beautiful attractresses and character roles that are just there as "eye candy" for the male viewers. sex sells. and the majority of customers are males. also, most movies are made by males. males making male creative works for males.

the same is true with tv shows and video games.

even disney has sexual (or "romantic" love) suggestive content (i'm not talking about the sophisticated dialogue to entertain the parents who take their kids to see it). i won't point any of it out, i'll let you go look for it yourself. many of disney employee's are males and some are young too. if you pay attention you can spot some "pervert'ed" stuff in disney.

fine, i'll give one such example (a "tame" one),

i'm sure everyone has seen the preview/trailer for the new ice age movie. that scene with the male and female chipmunk (or whatever they are) is hot. i wish human females would act (flirt) like that female chipmunk. how she hides behind her tail and flutters her eyes and acts all docile and submissive. that's professional flirtation. why in the world would disney put in such an adult (well, extreme romance-"courtship", not "dirty") themed scene? that's not something for little kids. that's for dating adults.

recently, industries have realized that today's females are much more interested in movies, tv shows, and video games, and have started to market towards females too now.

though for females, usually females prefer the humor, comedy, and romance ("sit-coms") rather than males who prefer the direct sexual content. that is not to say that some females don't like the same "fanservice" of males as males like the "fanservice" of females. but in general, females prefer humor, comedy, and romance compared to camera focusing in on certain body parts of a female or a female dressed in sexy tight or skimpy clothing as many males do enjoy.

sex as advertizing is everywhere and in everything. sex sells. especially towards male customers. what beer or car commercial doesn't have hot models in it? hardly none. it's everywhere.
sex sells.

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Mon May 25, 2009 9:33 pm

They balanced it by making Artea wear the Bunny Armor :D

(I searched for the funny drawing of it, but couldn't find it. I hope that SinReVi reads this, hoping that she'll post it :D)

Tony

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:08 pm

Last edited by vivify93 on Mon May 25, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Mon May 25, 2009 11:11 pm

Acces denied here...

Tony
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:12 pm

Heh, fixed the link. XP URL's in the bold & red. Search for the text quoted.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Tue May 26, 2009 1:52 am

What? I thought we were talking about cosplayers?
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Tue May 26, 2009 3:36 am

yeah... what's all this!
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”