Lufia-Patches Version 2.16 (Retrans, Kureji Lufia, La Puella)

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sun May 24, 2009 9:14 pm

vivify93 wrote:Then I want the Gades to be the Lord of Booming, Amon to be the Lord of Nutty, Erim to be the Lady of Removal, and Daos to be the Lord of AAAAH!. :lol: /joke

I see a new idea for the Very Idiot Story of Lufia. ;P

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon May 25, 2009 2:23 am

I should try out these patches once the translation is done.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Mon May 25, 2009 2:11 pm

Where'd Artemis go?
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Mon May 25, 2009 2:23 pm

I did work on the patches as well as playing a little bit Hard Secret of Mana (and a little bit RL).

Well, I did change the most of it. I'll answer more detailed what is done later on. :)

Regarding Stela, I wont change her name. But I can make an extra patch.

As Stella is too troublesome, what do you wish? Stell or Sella?

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Mon May 25, 2009 2:29 pm

Never mind it then. "Stela" is fine. Thank you anyway, though! :D

EDIT: The reason for not asking for a personal patch is that Stela's just one NPC in the entire vast world of Lufia II. I'd much rather he work on the item names and bugs and such.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Tue May 26, 2009 12:11 am

Here's the new version: http://rapidshare.com/files/237224809/Lufia-Patches_v1-1.zip

Well, I guess it's quite late right now. :)

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Tue May 26, 2009 3:37 am

awesome...

<b>Let the Epic Battles Begin!</b>
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Tue May 26, 2009 10:18 am

This will be the version I'll play then :D

...if I can get it working on my wii, that is...

Tony
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Tue May 26, 2009 11:00 am

Thank you, Artemis! :D

A few more things.

"Piercing Cry"? What was wrong with "Shriek"? They mean the same thing. "Waking Voice" has an issue as well--that could also mean "The voice you have when you're first waking up." Besides, "Shriek" and "Awaken" were their two main staple names for Lufia. The thing is, the main names for all the recurring items stayed, even in the retranslation. I don't care if the cider becomes liquor, but the staple names should stay the same. Doesn't everyone agree?

Erm, I don't think we communicated properly on the proper caps menu text: I didn't mean just the Warp menu, I meant all of it. As in, the shop denotation text (Are you in a weapon or item shop?), the main menu text (Item, Gold, etc.), the main menu's submenu text, the after battle text, every little last bit of menu text. It would make the entire interface look much nicer, to say the least. Since you didn't have much problem with the Warp menu, I hope this wouldn't be much to do? It's just...really annoying to have the text in all caps... Makes it feel like some angry man is screaming the menu options at you.

GUESS WHAT THIS IS A LONG SERIES OF?
The "One-Piece" still doesn't mention that it's swimwear for women--is it impossible to change? I'd like a little more info on this.

Anyway, those were the only issues I found this time, and the first one doesn't really count as an issue, but I reccomend you change it.

Whoops! I forgot to see if Erim uses Eerie Light more often.
Yes, yes she does. :D Thank you very much.

Still says "Shrine of Daos" rather than "Fortress of Doom." :cry: I see that FoD is two letters longer than SoD. Would it be possible to remove the first word in "Come! Come before me! I am right above you." in Daos's last text box before you reach the top floor? That frees up six letters/punctuation/spaces in the dialogue. (Removing "Come! " is what I mean, by the way.) If this is impossible to change, I'd like a little more info.

And thank you for changing the final "Darn!" :D Really, thanks! This version of is probably the best yet--no other issues as far as I can tell.

Geez, I'm seeming like a Lufia Patch Nazi (I'm part German, so :P)... Whenever I can get input on a project, I get a little overbearing... I'm really sorry. :(

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue May 26, 2009 3:50 pm

I thought Lufia II used a library of words and stuff.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Tue May 26, 2009 5:03 pm

Guard Daos wrote:And another thing, how about changing "Shrine of Daos" back to "Fortress of Doom"? I always preferred the latter.

Hm... and now that I think about it, it might also be cool to make a patch that makes the dialogues at the end match those at the beginning of Lufia I (where possible). I thought the dialogue at the beginning of Lufia I sounded better. A little more... heroic, I guess. Well, that's just a thought.

When I was changing the Doom Island dialogues I also had the idea to use the Lufia 1 dialogues, but I decided to stay with the old text (except that one sentence :o ).

Guard Daos wrote:In other news, Kureji is HARD. Is there something in between Kureji and the ordinary Lufia? Like, with new attacks, but... doable? ;P

You could try some of the Egg Dragon battles from Spekkio Lufia. Under level 50 for example he's basically the same as the original. That's by the way a good opportunity to get the Egg Ring so that it's available for the higher level fights.

SinReVi wrote:Keep the hoochees! What's wrong with Stela? If you change it change it to Stella.
Shrine of Daos is the original name, but I like the Fortress of Doom better as translation.

sry, no more hoochees.^^ As I don't have problem with names like Stela or Zepel, I didn't change them. The other minor name I changed was Henpi which is Henri now.
And I did stick with the original Shrine of Daos. Maybe another time, though, but I'm afraid I need a break. :o

Anthony wrote:This will be the version I'll play then :D

...if I can get it working on my wii, that is...

Tony

I hope it will work! :)

About the problem I don't know... Does it maybe make a difference if the ROM has a header or not, or does the IPS patcher patch it properly, anyway?

vivify93 wrote:"Piercing Cry"? What was wrong with "Shriek"? They mean the same thing. "Waking Voice" has an issue as well--that could also mean "The voice you have when you're first waking up." Besides, "Shriek" and "Awaken" were their two main staple names for Lufia. The thing is, the main names for all the recurring items stayed, even in the retranslation. I don't care if the cider becomes liquor, but the staple names should stay the same. Doesn't everyone agree?

Awake seems to be something like Waking/wakening Voice in the original. And KWhazit translated the original of shriek with Piercing Cry. It may be the same as shriek, but because I thought it fits better to the two-word names Wakening Voice and Mystery Pin I changed Shriek as well.

vivify93 wrote:Erm, I don't think we communicated properly on the proper caps menu text: I didn't mean just the Warp menu, I meant all of it. As in, the shop denotation text (Are you in a weapon or item shop?), the main menu text (Item, Gold, etc.), the main menu's submenu text, the after battle text, every little last bit of menu text. It would make the entire interface look much nicer, to say the least. Since you didn't have much problem with the Warp menu, I hope this wouldn't be much to do? It's just...really annoying to have the text in all caps... Makes it feel like some angry man is screaming the menu options at you.

For this I took some inspiration from the German version where the warp menu is in lower case letters, but the main menu and shops in capitals.

vivify93 wrote:GUESS WHAT THIS IS A LONG SERIES OF?
The "One-Piece" still doesn't mention that it's swimwear for women--is it impossible to change? I'd like a little more info on this.

The Japanese description also says something about clothing. As one-piece (or one piece) can be both - dress or swimsuit - I'm not really sure there. Maybe the one piece of which Selan speaks at the summer isn't the same as the equipment part.
Theoretically it is changable, though.

vivify93 wrote:Whoops! I forgot to see if Erim uses Eerie Light more often.
Yes, yes she does. :D Thank you very much.

I didn't change anything here. Just pure luck. ^^

vivify93 wrote:Still says "Shrine of Daos" rather than "Fortress of Doom." :cry: I see that FoD is two letters longer than SoD. Would it be possible to remove the first word in "Come! Come before me! I am right above you." in Daos's last text box before you reach the top floor? That frees up six letters/punctuation/spaces in the dialogue. (Removing "Come! " is what I mean, by the way.) If this is impossible to change, I'd like a little more info.

The dialogues and map names are independent. Maybe I'll try to make an other version with Fortress of Doom somewhen later.

SinReVi wrote:I thought Lufia II used a library of words and stuff.

The library is only used for the most important (512) words. However there's still another library which contains mainly two letter syllables. The words which aren't one of these 512 are a mixture of regular letters and these syllables.

Well, but now I need a break from this stuff. :D

I hope there aren't any more bugs (excluding some already existing ones, of course).

Things which might be interesting for somewhen later might be:

- fixing some more bugs (like the poison bug or the broken bomb puzzle)
- the Lufia 1 dialogues
- changing regular monsters (as often requested - not only regarding Kureji Lufia)

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:37 pm

Artemis wrote:Awake seems to be something like Waking/wakening Voice in the original. And KWhazit translated the original of shriek with Piercing Cry. It may be the same as shriek, but because I thought it fits better to the two-word names Wakening Voice and Mystery Pin I changed Shriek as well.

Meh, that's fine, I guess. I'm really over it by now; keep it the same way.

Artemis wrote:For this I took some inspiration from the German version where the warp menu is in lower case letters, but the main menu and shops in capitals.

I'm cool with that now too--The Fortress of Doom did this as well.

Artemis wrote:The Japanese description also says something about clothing. As one-piece (or one piece) can be both - dress or swimsuit - I'm not really sure there. Maybe the one piece of which Selan speaks at the summer isn't the same as the equipment part.
Theoretically it is changable, though.

Oh, so it's meant to be ambiguous? I see, I see.

Artemis wrote:I didn't change anything here. Just pure luck.

...Oh. :oops:

Artemis wrote:The dialogues and map names are independent. Maybe I'll try to make an other version with Fortress of Doom somewhen later.

An over-patch (A patch that's placed over a patch, which usually doesn't hinder other changes to the base patch for those who don't know) that changes all dialogue instances of "Shrine of Daos" to "Fortress of Doom" would work.

Artemis wrote:Well, but now I need a break from this stuff. :D

That's fine! Everyone gets burnt out now and then.

Artemis wrote:Things which might be interesting for somewhen later might be:

- fixing some more bugs (like the poison bug or the broken bomb puzzle)

Fixing more bugs is always nice. :D

Artemis wrote:- the Lufia 1 dialogues

Yay!

Artemis wrote:- changing regular monsters (as often requested - not only regarding Kureji Lufia)

Interesting.

By the way, Artemis, why don't you submit your patches to Romhacking.net? They'd have to be separated, of course, but it'd allow for a bigger audience to experience your hacks!

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri May 29, 2009 8:06 am

Artemis wrote:
Guard Daos wrote:In other news, Kureji is HARD. Is there something in between Kureji and the ordinary Lufia? Like, with new attacks, but... doable? ;P

You could try some of the Egg Dragon battles from Spekkio Lufia. Under level 50 for example he's basically the same as the original. That's by the way a good opportunity to get the Egg Ring so that it's available for the higher level fights.

Nah, I meant the Sinistral Battles. They can become much more interesting. Ah well, perhaps I'll try the Fierce Battles patch again sometime.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Fri May 29, 2009 7:39 pm

I'm gonna leave some notes for Artemis to look over when he feels like hacking again.

There's some very wonky grammar going on when you revive/uncurse someone at the cleric.
"To cure <Player>.
<#>G you must pay money."

"To remove the curse from <Player>.

Obviously, the first part of that is OK, but I suggest making it the following:

"To cure <Player>,
you must pay <#> Gold."

"To remove the curse from <Player>,
you must pay <#> Gold."

Another flub is that when your character's finally uncursed, if they have a five-letter name (i.e. everyone but Tia and Guy) the text "The curse is gone from <Player>." runs offscreen. To remedy this, I would suggest putting the "<Player>." text on the second line.

---

The enemy "Torrent" should be "Trent" or "Treant".

---

Care to explain what a "Palsy Cure" is? It's the IP Skill that cures paralysis. Why is it called the "Palsy Cure"?

---

The Thunder Ax has an IP Skill called "ThunderBall." Maybe this should be "Thunder Hit"?

---

I found what's most likely a self-induced typo.

Selan says, after Parcelyte's saved for the first time, "I knew you were coming back... And I know this is no miracle, you're standing here...yet..."

This should read, "I knew you were coming back... And I know this is no miracle, your standing here...yet..."

Don't get it? Let me rephrase it: "I knew you were coming back... And I know your standing here is no miracle...yet..."

See, right now it reads "I knew you were coming back... And I know this is no miracle, you are standing here...yet..."

Which, when worked into my rephrased sentence, is, "I knew you were coming back... And I know you are standing here is no miracle...yet..."

See the grammar flub now? I'd suggest changing back "you're" to "your".

---

Uhh, you can still see Jessy... Here's a screenshot.

I thought you said she was moved up and offscreen or something?

---

You can see Selan's aunt there too. I don't think much can be done about her, though.

---

Just after Selan and Maxim speak, Dekar says, "You're OK?"

That is not grammatically correct. What he said before, "You OK?" is a commonly accepted slang form of the English phrase, "Are you OK?"

---

Another problem. In the "IN AUTUMN" part, A soldier says, "Ye...yes, sir! I see you're strong as ever, commander."

As Selan isn't a man, this should read, "Ye...yes, ma'am! I see you're strong as ever, commander."

---
I'll post more as I find them!!

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Fri May 29, 2009 9:38 pm

Guard Daos wrote:
Artemis wrote:

Nah, I meant the Sinistral Battles. They can become much more interesting. Ah well, perhaps I'll try the Fierce Battles patch again sometime.

Yeah, the Fierce Battles are fine. I also like Reli's Final Daos battle.

vivify93 wrote:I'm gonna leave some notes for Artemis to look over when he feels like hacking again.

There's some very wonky grammar going on when you revive/uncurse someone at the cleric.
"To cure <Player>.

"To remove the curse from <Player>.

Obviously, the first part of that is OK, but I suggest making it the following:

"To cure <Player>,
you must pay <#> Gold."

"To remove the curse from <Player>,
you must pay <#> Gold."

Another flub is that when your character's finally uncursed, if they have a five-letter name (i.e. everyone but Tia and Guy) the text "The curse is gone from <Player>." runs offscreen. To remedy this, I would suggest putting the "<Player>." text on the second line.

---

The enemy "Torrent" should be "Trent" or "Treant".

---

Care to explain what a "Palsy Cure" is? It's the IP Skill that cures paralysis. Why is it called the "Palsy Cure"?

---

The Thunder Ax has an IP Skill called "ThunderBall." Maybe this should be "Thunder Hit"?

---

I found what's most likely a self-induced typo.

Selan says, after Parcelyte's saved for the first time, "I knew you were coming back... And I know this is no miracle, you're standing here...yet..."

This should read, "I knew you were coming back... And I know this is no miracle, your standing here...yet..."

Don't get it? Let me rephrase it: "I knew you were coming back... And I know your standing here is no miracle...yet..."

See, right now it reads "I knew you were coming back... And I know this is no miracle, you are standing here...yet..."

Which, when worked into my rephrased sentence, is, "I knew you were coming back... And I know you are standing here is no miracle...yet..."

See the grammar flub now? I'd suggest changing back "you're" to "your".

---

Uhh, you can still see Jessy... Here's a screenshot.

I thought you said she was moved up and offscreen or something?

---

You can see Selan's aunt there too. I don't think much can be done about her, though.

---

Just after Selan and Maxim speak, Dekar says, "You're OK?"

That is not grammatically correct. What he said before, "You OK?" is a commonly accepted slang form of the English phrase, "Are you OK?"

---

Another problem. In the "IN AUTUMN" part, A soldier says, "Ye...yes, sir! I see you're strong as ever, commander."

As Selan isn't a man, this should read, "Ye...yes, ma'am! I see you're strong as ever, commander."

---
I'll post more as I find them!!

I dunno whether I can do anything about the church, but I might try.

Torrent is some kind of pun with the word "Ent", I guess.

Palsy is another word for paralysis as "Paralysis Cure" was too long for the in-battle menu.

I accidentally changed Thunderball into ThunderBall.

But "your standing here" sounds strange I think.

Well, seems like the Retranslation patch completely canceled that Jessy should be invincible. I really hope that my patches don't cancel some of Reli's patches as well.

I didn't know about "You OK?" because when I searched for it in the internet I couldn't find anything about this phrase. Thank you very much!

I'll look for the sir, but I don't know whether there's enough space.

Hmm, of corse I won't let it stay so. Sorry that I've to spam you with updates.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”