E3 2009! What do you think.

General gaming discussions. However, discussions about Lufia, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, and Zelda should be posted in the dedicated forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

E3 2009! What do you think.

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:27 pm

I don't care about Micro$oft, but Project Natal sounds cool.

Nintendo bombed this conference. It was all absolute suck, and not in a good way.

Sony was just... EPIC!

Haven't seen the others yet, but I would love to hear Lufia World's input.

PS: No new Lufia game has been announced. I suppose we'll have to wait another [6 months before Square Enix decides to take it into their hands].
Last edited by DarkMaster2101 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:57 pm

Project Natal is straight up my alley. I've already done some work in face- and glyph recognition at uni, and the psychological part matches my interests as well. I'll be following the project closely, though I have my doubts if the gaming world would welcome it with open arms. Something tells me they'll find it mostly creepy...

I was pleased to see mention of a new Metroid, the announcement of Golden Sun 3 made me do a little dance, and I've heard from a reliable source that, despite it not being shown on E3, there is indeed a new Zelda coming for the Wii. I have yet to see confirmation of that, but it's good news if it's true.

The Sony video stopped midway, I'm hoping to see the other half later tonight. The first half was mostly financial though, or that's the general feel I got from it anyways. I admit that I was listening with only half an ear, I was programming :)

Microsoft... I don't know about that hole motion sensitivity. I really don't see myself waving my hands around just to browse through a moviecollection, to stick with the example they showed. Apart from the chance that it will be laggy... I really have my doubts as to whether consumers would buy this. The Wii has its motion gimmick, sure- but that's bundled with the system, an integral part of it- would the XBox360 community buy a hardware addon that has them waving in front of their TV again, bearing in mind that the handful of games that will make good use of its functionality will most likely be aimed at the mainstream consumers Nintendo reached before? I don't know, only time will tell.

So far, the three titles I mentioned made it a good day for me, so I'm satisfied :)

Tony
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

Zero
Villager

Postby Zero » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:56 pm

Microsoft - Not impressive. I'm tired of FPS games, they've been beaten past death in the last five years. And also, I'm kinda tired of them ripping off Nintendo. The Miis were one thing, but now Natal? Come on guys, quit stealing everyone else's material and come up with some of your own.

Sony - Don't really care, as I don't have a PS3, and I'm not getting one any time soon...however, I am looking forward to Dissidia, but I'm not sure if that was announced there or not. It comes out around August, by the way.

Nintendo - Epic win on Golden Sun DS. I've not been a big fan of the sometimes-working Wii, so I mostly just look for the DS games now.

In all, I think E3 was rather fail this year, but there were SOME good games. Too bad there's nothing coming up in the Tales alley though. I'd like to see Radiant Mythology 2 and Tales of VS get localized.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Zelda news for the Wii a big announcement? So 2008... In fact, it is rumored that the guy who produced Ocarina of Time is going to produce this one as well.

We all have out tastes in everything, I suppose. I just wish that Nintendo would at least appeal to their loyal fan base more, Micro$oft to cut the FPS exclusives, and Sony to stop being expensive. Though I am looking forward to PSP Go!, I still prefer the good old PSP (one that doesn't break).
---DarkMaster2101

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:50 am

Golden Sun DS!! *dances*

maxim6221
Hero of the Lufians

Postby maxim6221 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:46 am

the thing that caught my attention the most its the new zelda for the wii and the PSP GO

Hey Big Sexy! >_<

johnsherris
Red Jelly

Postby johnsherris » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:29 am

Its my favorite game of E3 2009. The state of Nintendo produces very amazing games.My favorite game is God of War III. Its very adventures. I think E3 2009 is really potent software.
Defeat is not bitter unless you swallow it.

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:13 pm

...you think the E3 2009 is potent software.

We at least have one thing on our side; the bots are being dumbed up so badly it's starting to become funny.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:48 am

^
Why did you bump this topic again if you know a bot bumped it?
---DarkMaster2101

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:52 pm

I did it for the lulz

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:12 pm

No you didn't... And e3 2k9 is long gone.

I've missed out on PAX and DICE conferences this year. Aside from the 3D gaming gimmick, I really didn't find any interest this year.
---DarkMaster2101

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:07 pm

we dont have E3 stuff here :(... we used to, in the days of nintendo magazine who'd organise such stuff in the netherlands. But now, it seems only japan and the USA have those gatherings.

Pisses me off :(.

Return to “General Gaming”