Guess I'll introduce myself

Are you new to the forums? Come and introduce yourself here then!

Moderator: Moderator Team

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Guess I'll introduce myself

Postby vivify93 » Sun May 24, 2009 3:44 pm

My name's vivify93. I may as well stop hiding it; I was known as 51793Moeman on the Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals board. I was around for Relnqshd's Game Genie/PAR thread on GameFAQs all those years ago. I really respected him--he was friendly, funny, easy to talk to, and he took requests for codes! :lol: Though I was immature then, I really enjoyed the Lufia community. It's a shame that it's going downhill due to HIM thinking "Lufia needs to be laid to rest". Does Star Ocean need to be "laid to rest" too since there'll be no more games with the advent of Star Ocean: The Last Hope? Or how about Breath of Fire? It hasn't had any new games since Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter. Does that mean the Breath of Fire II: The Fated Child's retranslation shouldn't have been done and that the Breath of Fire: The Dragon Warrior retranslation effort shouldn't be in progress?

Never mind that; it can be saved for a different thread. I've written a Lufia II fan fic which was positively recepted! That's good. I'm picky about details, especially when it comes to video games, so I can help out with various things if need be. I don't really question plot holes though--if something's missing or not explained, then it's not meant to be explained. That's my motto, anyhow.

I hail from the fandoms of Tales of and Chrono; I'm into more games than that, believe me, but I've only really been actively a part of (i.e. registered to) two forums of my many games. What went wrong with the last two, you ask? Well, for one, on the "Tales of Forum", Phantasian Productions' forum, I was pretty much ignored, and with the ****storm regarding the Chrono Compendium, well, uh, never mind.

I got into Lufia when I was little. A family friend gave my mom Lufia II and she was hooked. Her biggest achievement was probably getting to the final floor of the Ancient Cave, seeing the messed up graphics, and deciding that the SNES had overheated and reset, and moved onto another game. Sad to say that I didn't get into the other two games in the "Sinistrals Trilogy" until I discovered emulation. I really like Lufia: The Legend Returns. A lot. It just saddens me that it seems like it was written by a six-year-old. That, and Erim being green haired. I mean, WTF.

My biggest achievement in Lufia? Umm... :oops: Tolerating Lufia & the Fortress of Doom all the way through after playing Rise of the Sinistrals. Y-Yeah, that's about it...

As for other interests, I like anime and manga! Particularly The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya franchise, as you might be able to tell. :P I made my signature myself, in case you were wondering. I really wish I could make better ones though.

Well, that's me in a nutshell. Hope to have a fun time here! :)
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun May 24, 2009 4:15 pm

Welcome, I'm sure someone should greet you in a moment.

Yeah, Chrono Fan boys... Only ****storm can describe their behavior. Just accept the fact that Chrono Trigger isn't the best game ever. Its one of the best, but not the best.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Sun May 24, 2009 4:26 pm

Welcome. Those are all good games and anime.
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sun May 24, 2009 7:11 pm

Yeah, welcome and enjoy! ;)
I thought Tales of Symphonia was one of the best games ever. And Dawn's pretty good as well, and ToP was fun too.
And Haruhi Suzumiya was great for its randomness. XD I'm more into Bleach, myself.

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Sun May 24, 2009 9:29 pm

Though I've read your fanfic already- welcome, and enjoy the community ^.^

Tony
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Re: Guess I'll introduce myself

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Mon May 25, 2009 12:11 am

vivify93 wrote:It's a shame that it's going downhill due to HIM thinking "Lufia needs to be laid to rest".

oh wow, i only thought a few people knew about what HIM said to me... i'm surprised you know about it! :o

and yes it is a horrible shame that he's doing that... we've lost many people cause of his pathetic actions. i wouldn't even put it past me that he might've marked Reli's topic...

i guess you could say i'm a Tales fan... played many of them myself. but i could never figure out why Chrono Trigger is SO popular. :? i played and and beat most of the endings and thought is was a "good" game, not so much the best RPG ever.

i pretty much knew you liked anime due to your sig. :) i have a topic about anime and the like, you should post there. :)

anyway you seem like a pretty cool person, hope you enjoy your stay here! :D
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:47 am

A slightly delayed "Hello." and thanks for all the feedback! :D

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:49 pm

Seems like I haven't posted in this topic, so... WELCOME!
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “New Members”