My Lufia Cosplay (warning, large pics...56K beware)

Share your Lufia fan fiction and artwork in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

My Lufia Cosplay (warning, large pics...56K beware)

Postby teefa85 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:25 pm

Two things of note. One, I am freaking pudgy (not to mention big boned) so it doesn't look as good on me as it would on a smaller girl (I joke that I've been eating too much Cinnamon Pie). Two, the shirt we used to make the top part of my dress was so long, so the waistband looks low in these pics; after realizing this, I re-thought how I was gonna wear it so it looked better at the con itself (dang all the stores for not having a freaking white sundress).

Me holding my staff up in ready position.

Me holding it out to my side, like I'm threatening someone.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand with flowers...because Lufia always needs a flower shot. Unfortunately, no cute redhead to share it with.

This was just me goofing around with the camera at the hotel room. I put on cat ears and, using the mirror as a guide, I took a picture of my face. It's supposed to reference a random AU fic I'm working on.

Wasn't the best cosplay I've ever done, but it's far from being the worst.
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:08 am

Not too far... *slap*

Ouch! What was that for?

Lufia: *burning with intense rage of a thousand suns*

Right... Can't blame you. If it is the only person in the world who will dress like you. After all, who still remembers you?

Lufia: *blows up DM2101 with Sunder*

*hack, cough, wheeze* I'm so sorry, nothing at all came out right. *cough* First impressions aside...

I absolutely love the design, I really do... But, I dunno. I guess I was expecting too much. Nothing wrong with being pudgey! I'm still trying to kill of my Thanksgiving pounds and more. Oh well... You still look sexy in that outfit.
Last edited by DarkMaster2101 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:22 am

not bad at all! :)
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:57 am

My utmost respect to cosplayers once more; in my eyes, it's a courageous thing to do, in a society where it's pretty much shunned. Brava!

Tony
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:51 pm

I like the wig.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:10 pm

Thanks everyone. I enjoyed goofing around in this costume a whole lot. And, being silly on Saturday, I wrote up a sign to carry around that said, "Cute, blue haired witch seeks handsome redhead. Must be male, good with a sword and clean-shaven. Willing to eat Cinnamon Pie and drink Cinnamon tea a lot. Oh, and heroic lineage preferred!" Needless to say, I didn't even find a cross-game heroic redheaded swordsman (only chance I might have had would have been back when Smash Bros. was still in the Melee era, cuz you'd get Roys with Melee groups...it doesn't help that Roy's childhood friend is also a blue haired mage so some joke or crack pic could have come if I'd found one, alas).

I got the wig off a store a friend recommended me. I pretty much scoured the selection of blue wigs with a printout of various Lufia scans at my side so I could compare hair color.
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:53 am

I could be that red-haired hero, unfortunately I wouldn't exactly be Maxim. More like an Irish Viking man wearing a Scottish kilt.

I got my kilt yesterday and it is awesome!
---DarkMaster2101

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:27 am

DarkMaster2101 wrote:I could be that red-haired hero, unfortunately I wouldn't exactly be Maxim. More like an Irish Viking man wearing a Scottish kilt.

you wouldn't believe the image that just went through my head right now. XD lmao!!

nothing wrong with kilts, just the thought of you in one is rather funny. XD
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Tia
Knight

Postby Tia » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:47 am

To be honest, when I think of cosplay I always think of complicated things. Just putting up a wig, and putting on white clothes doesn't make you a cosplayer. Just someone with a wig.

Now if there was more effort in the design, like actually making a dress your self or, then I'd actually consider it cosplay.

This is just putting on clothes you got in your closet to put it bluntly :).

Nice examples of cosplayers:

http://www.lufiaworld.com/forum/viewtop ... 0396e10073

DarkMaster2101 wrote:I could be that red-haired hero, unfortunately I wouldn't exactly be Maxim. More like an Irish Viking man wearing a Scottish kilt.

I have a thing for Irish men apparently.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:56 pm

I think she was going for the artwork version of Lufia.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Tia
Knight

Postby Tia » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:25 pm

SinReVi wrote:I think she was going for the artwork version of Lufia.

Could be, but it's still just putting 2 clothes together, a wig and pink socks over the shoes.

This could have really been done differently. Making a dress of your own, that actually would accent the waist a bit as well. Putting more effort in the pink shoes, rather then putting over a pink sock.

Now it's just a 'hemd' (top I think it is in English?) with a skirt. Sewed against each other. That's not cosplay, not even if it's done by the artwork version. Which has like a knot that connects the front and the back:
http://forfeit.electromaz.com/lufia1/art/lufia.jpg

The only cosplay item is the staff, that's it.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:08 am

Dear Tia, you can't link directly to forfeit island. ;P

Anyway... What is cosplay? I mean, I don't know anything about official term or anything, but if it's a way of portraying yourself as a character, I'd say the most important thing is if it's recognisable as that character. So that also includes if the person on the photo is really playing the part of that character, no just the clothes.
(...Then again, I'm into acting a lot, so that might just be me. xP)

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:24 pm

True, true. Besides, Lufia's appearance will probably change for the remake of Estopolis (if there is any, else leave it to me). I mean, one of the things I loved about the original Lufia I is that it had the retro anime style. Lufia II, I'm sorry, was kind of competing with Final Fantasy so its art style has changed.

I wonder what Lufia II would look like with the retro anime feel?
---DarkMaster2101

Tia
Knight

Postby Tia » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:39 pm

DarkMaster2101 wrote:True, true. Besides, Lufia's appearance will probably change for the remake of Estopolis (if there is any, else leave it to me). I mean, one of the things I loved about the original Lufia I is that it had the retro anime style. Lufia II, I'm sorry, was kind of competing with Final Fantasy so its art style has changed.

I wonder what Lufia II would look like with the retro anime feel?

Not sure what you mean with the retro anime style. I can't seem to find any of them.

Anyway, I'm a pretty big nitpicker when it comes to cosplay, and even if you wanna try and look like a character, you should put in more effort. Make fitting clothes. Especially if you're pludgy *hey I'm fat too*, you should put in that much effort to create a waistline, so you don't look pludgy, if that makes any sense? Though I personally only would cosplay if I lost 30 kilos (+/- 60 pounds).

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:05 pm

I like Lufia II's art style best.
By the way, the knot things on Lufia's dress are missing in this picture.
The only other japanese Lufia I artwork I know is the one where you only get a view of the backs of the heroes (aka the box art) =P And the animated variant that was used in a commercial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubzpnH0NDFE

Though I personally only would cosplay if I lost 30 kilos (+/- 60 pounds).

If I lost 30 kilos I would be around 10-15 kg... 0_o

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “Lufia Fan Works”