Advent Shadows: Arek's Romance

Online roleplaying takes place in this board. No out-of-character posts are allowed here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:33 pm

"Aug! Stupid kid." Sean threw Kera off him quickly then gave Zak a curious look, trying to figure out who this guy might be. "I'm Sean, this is Shinji. Did you see that cloud of smoke over yonder? It has really seemed to strike my curiosity." Sean made sure his face had an obvious look of jest on his face. "You wouldn't have happened to set off some kind of bomb down there have you?

Sean had a one track mind. He knew that something interesting was in that hollow tree, but something seemed out of balance.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:38 am

After getting off of his face, Kera looks up at Sean with a puzzled look on his face. Kera looks towards the direction Sean was looking and says, "I think that was Zak's lunch." Zak's brown eyes glare at Kera. "Right..." Kera let out a nervous laugh while rubbing the back of his head and said "To be honest with you, I don't know what it is. Looks like a..." The boy leaps upon Sean's head (who once again falls over) and bounces onto a lower Birtch branch. Kera hastily scaled to the canopy to glance at the far away smoke. It can't be, the boy thought.

Kera shouts, "FIRE!!! Zak! Namai is on fire. We have to go back."

Indeed. The mysterious masked man walks along the path away from the village of Namai. The dirt path was a winding road sided by many different trees of all shapes and sizes. There isn't much to see except the fleeing wildlife. Thick black smoke blankets the sky both sight and scent. The man can feel the heat of the flames behind him, despite his distance from the village. Then the masked man once again slips his pocket watch outside of his pocket and opens it. The man then hears faint familiar voices in the distance. "Oh dear," he said. "It seems we have a bad habit of meeting to often, don't we?" A familiar vixen and a familiar frail man emerge from the bushes.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:29 pm

Zak scratched the back of his head. "Fire? That explains the smoke..."
He groaned. "Well, I suppose we'd better take a look." He looked at Sean and Shinji. "Coming?"
Seeing Kera had already started running, he followed after him at a surprisingly quick pace.

"You could have thought of it before."
"Well, what about you?! You're the one who's bringing the most rubbish with you anyway, you should've thought of taking it with you!"
"Please. You're the one who stormed off. As usual, you weren't thinking. What if they don't let us in any more? I need that stuff, you know."
"You're a pain in the ass, as usual! If we left our luggage in the inn, I could've done without it. It's your-"
"Just stop wining, will you?! I..."
Bickering non-stop, Lana and Ark appeared from the bushes nearby, walking in the direction of the village. "What's the big deal, anyway?!" Ark was nearly shouting.
"I don't like walking miles for nothing, that's what!"
"Stop overacting, we didn't even get out of the forest."
"It's still a big- What in the blazes are you doing here?"

They came to a sudden halt, seeing the stranger again.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:35 am

[A bit GMish, but not too much. No real dialogue or anything. Besides lack of activity for around two weeks. Only thing really stated is the obvious reactions. Besides, we can't let the RP die again. We've already done that thrice I think.]

The man adjusts his monocle and said, "If my eyes do deceive me then I'm sure you're having a great time?" Lana and Ark look at each other, then return an obvious glare. "It must of been a great time then," says the man. He tilts his hat and turns around. "I would love to stay and chat however, I must leave. I have something very important to do, though it may or may not bet important. For now I bid adieu. I know we'll meet again."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kera, with the speed of the wind, races the twisting forest path. Birds were scrambling the smokey forest sky. Local jellies and newts of all kinds and sizes were evacuating the forest path. Even Kera had to doge a stallion or two. Zak immediately follows Kera however, he is trailing a mile and a half behind. Sean and Shinji are following shortly behind Zak, but at a same pace none the less.

Kera hits the breaks and slows down to find the mysterious masked man along with his company. Kera stands still, scowling. The man examines Kera, adjusts his monocle, and greets him, "Hello there lad.... What is this?" Lana, Ark, and the man shiver from an enormous energy spike. Even far away, Zak heart skipped a beat. Sean and Shinji get a very bad feeling. In the split second Lana and Ark re-focused, they see the masked man having a silver scythe reaching towards his face.
---DarkMaster2101

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:06 am

Lana jumped forward instinctively, drawing her sword, and blocked the scythe a few inches from the man's neck. She was surprised to feel the large pressure behind it, and struggled to keep it steady. Then, just like that, the force faded, until the scythe stopped moving. Confused, she looked about, and saw a man behind her, his right arm stretched forward.

Zak strained his magical power to stop the scythe in place. "Easy there, Kera," he said calmly.
Ark turned to the assailant. His eyes narrowed at the boy.
Last edited by Guard Daos on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:13 pm

Kera snarled at the old man. "Hey you old man," he shouted, "You set the village on fire didn't you?!" The man adjusted his monocle; looking down at Kera he plead, "I honestly have no idea who started the fire." The man waved his index finger. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. You should be weary on where you point your Aderium weapons. You could have slit this innocent bystander's throat." At the very mentioning, Lana felt a warm liquid flowing from the side of her chin. She remembered the smell, touched it, and felt a steeping pain from an opening in her skin. Kera looked down upon Lana. His confidence faded into uncertainty. He drew blood on someone who wasn't suppose to be involved.
---DarkMaster2101

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:11 pm

"Whoa, Kera," Zak said, stepping forward. "I told you to cool it."
He looked at Lana. His eyes went wide for a moment as he looked at her face, then saw the blood.
There was suddenly a flash of rage in his eyes as he turned around and punched Kera in the side of his head. "IDIOT!"
He was about to hit him again, when Ark grabbed his hand. "Chill."
Lana looked at the boy as he grasped at his head. "Little brat. Be glad he hit you before I could."
She turned around. "Later."

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri May 01, 2009 8:56 pm

Double post, yeah, because it's been so long. And it's an RP after all.
Anyway, It'd be fun if we could continue this. I like the characters in it. We just need more of a plot. ...And more enthusiasm.

---

Zak turned around to Ark, then looked back at Kera and sighed. He loosened his hand, and Ark let go.
"Sorry man," Zak said. "I went too far." Then his eyes narrowed again. "I have to warn you though." His voice became dangerously soft. "I don't know where the hell you got that thing, but if you're going about pointing it at random people, you're not ready to use it."
Ark turned to Lana and called her back. "Hey, you could learn something out of this too. It's about not pointing a weapon at random people."
Zak ignored him. "Kera. Hand over that scythe." When Kera seemed unhappy with that idea, he hissed, "Now."

Lana rolled her eyes. Who cares. That guy likes to whine, huh... Just let the brat have his sharp toy. Just let him try to cut me again. I'll start hitting back. She folded her arms, beckoning Ark.

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:50 pm

(OOC: Alas I have returned to finish Chapter One. Soon I will post Chapter Two with a brief recap of everything due to the extreme size of the posting intervals. Feel free to PM me if I get any of the recap wrong. I'll fix it and we'll start Chapter 2 from there. I'll get it posted sometime this weekend. I would of posted earlier but I had to re read the entire RP to get the characters back in my head and the feel for the story. But anywho, here I go, the ending to Chapter 1, sorta anticlimactic, but Chapter 2 will make up for it.)

Sean starts to get overwhelmed by the sudden chaos of everything. Thoughts of his past flood his mind. The aftershock of his previous battle start to take his toll, and this kid...Kera is really making him irate. Not to mention the weird way he acts around Lana.

"You stupid, rambunctious, obnoxious, pain in the ass little kid! If you don't shut up right now I'll kill every one here!" His attention turns to the masked character. "I have half a mind to end your life anyways! You walk into our midst at the worst possible time and act like you're some sort of god! Some omnipotent being that knows everything! You are probably the one that got me captured, YOU'RE probably the one that started this fire!"

Sean's eyes are red, and embers are emitting from his arms. He then thrusts an accusing finger at Lana and with the most disgusted voice continues, "YOU! I hate you! You've caused me nothing but hell! Every time you show your face I start to hallucinate! Flashbacks, dreams, visions! I don't know whether or not to kill you! If I do now then maybe I can go on living my life normally but if I don't-!"

Suddenly a gentle wind brushes past the group...
Sean~ Stop... Listen to the cries of the innocents.

The flames around Sean begin to die and his eyes go from Maroon to Cerulean. A chill runs down his spine as he succumbs to the voice of the wind.

He looks around to see the faces of the people he condemned.
(I'll let each character describe their reaction, but please don't put any dialoge as this is the ending, just write reactions.)

He then listens, the screams of hundreds of people coming from the inferno that lies near to them reaches his ears. He steps ahead of the group and speaks in a defeated, and solemn manner,

"We have things to do, let's take care of this mess..."

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:49 am

(YES! Finally. I was hoping you'd return. I've wanted to continue for a long time. I agree with getting on with the next chapter, so... the stage is yours. :))

A silence fell among the others during and after his outburst. Ark looked taking aback. He stared from the infuriated Sean to Lana, who was looking straight at the man with a small smirk on her face, as if he was telling an uninteresting joke. Meanwhile, Zak had slightly raised eyebrows, giving the impression that Sean had just made an unexpected remark about tomorrow's weather.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:52 pm

[OoC: Chapter 1's been finished, what are you talking about? Sorry for too much of a delay, I've been busy with yard cleaning and a friend who has been draining my inspiration with his god complex RP's.]

GuardDaos wrote:Zak ignored him. "Kera. Hand over that scythe." When Kera seemed unhappy with that idea, he hissed, "Now."

Kera vanished his scythe, plucked a small stone from his bracelet, and handed it over to Zak. Holding his head down he apologized, "I'm sorry, that guy's aura is just... Wierd. I thought surely he attacked Namai.

Sean bursted out into the open and scolded Kera.

Rezic wrote:"You stupid, rambunctious, obnoxious, pain in the ass little kid! If you don't shut up right now I'll kill every one here!" His attention turns to the masked character. "I have half a mind to end your life anyways! You walk into our midst at the worst possible time and act like you're some sort of god! Some omnipotent being that knows everything! You are probably the one that got me captured, YOU'RE probably the one that started this fire!" [,said Sean]

Kera snapped back. "I would NEVER burn my best friend's home to the ground, let alone harm an innocent! I told you I'm sorry! What do I have to do to redeem your trust?! Execute myself for this miss deed!"

Rezic wrote:Sean's eyes are red, and embers are emitting from his arms. He then thrusts an accusing finger at Lana and with the most disgusted voice continues, "YOU! I hate you! You've caused me nothing but hell! Every time you show your face I start to hallucinate! Flashbacks, dreams, visions! I don't know whether or not to kill you! If I do now then maybe I can go on living my life normally but if I don't-!"

"Hey!" Shouted Kera, "She's done nothing to you. Leave her alo... Huh?"

Rezic wrote:The flames around Sean begin to die and his eyes go from Maroon to Cerulean. A chill runs down his spine as he succumbs to the voice of the wind...

He steps ahead of the group and speaks in a defeated, and solemn manner,

"We have things to do, let's take care of this mess..."

Kera stood silent. His ear twitched at the screams of the hundreds of screams echoing within Sean's mind. I thought I was messed up, thought Kera as he silently followed Sean.

Kera didn't know what was going on, but he knew what he was feeling. An enigmatic emotion was twisting around Kera's heart. He sighed in amazement and disgust wondering if this red haired man wasn't just a native descendant from Estoland. Maybe he came from the another world, the past world, just like himself? Kera couldn't ponder for the wind suddenly chilled his very being. It smelled of ash and rain.

GuardDaos wrote:A silence fell among the others during and after his outburst. Ark looked taking aback. He stared from the infuriated Sean to Lana, who was looking straight at the man with a small smirk on her face, as if he was telling an uninteresting joke. Meanwhile, Zak had slightly raised eyebrows, giving the impression that Sean had just made an unexpected remark about tomorrow's weather.

Behind the tree's shadow, the masked man smiled at the group. "So, we have two more from the past world?" he muttered. "Wonderful! The first story of Estoland's legend is about to begin..."
---DarkMaster2101

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:00 pm

---End of Chapter 1&2

The rain may wash away the flames of evil, but the blood stained from the slaughter of innocents will forever stain their minds. What kind of evil is hunting down the Maxim bloodline? What exactly is within Sean? How does Kera know about the past world? And why is yours truely interested in Lana and Ark? Well I cannot answer these questions until we turn the page of Advent Shadows.

See you next chapter. Until then have a great story.

---Seymour the Magnificent Finder

[PS: There was a good reason why I double posted. Besides, wouldn't this set the feel of a great untold story?]
---DarkMaster2101

Return to “The Roleplay”