Lufia 4 Dev Blog Updated: Lufia 4 Alpha Download

Share your Lufia fan fiction and artwork in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Lufia 4 Dev Blog Updated: Lufia 4 Alpha Download

Postby TheBradshaw » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:08 am

Let me clarify that this is NOT THE FINAL, BETA or even the GAME VERSION OF LUFIA 4; This is an engine test and some proof that the game IS still in development.

Visit the Development Blog.
Lufia IV Development @ http://lufia4.wordpress.com

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:18 am

I'll check it out, and edit with my comments- before I begin, good job delivering a demo!

EDIT: Very nice, I'm sure you'll get there :) Though I have my doubts on the 'wait with attacking 'til the bar fills'- it makes the battles draw out longer than they need to be... I can see myself get annoyed with that in time. Other than that, nice job, it does indeed show functionality:) Good luck mate!

Tony
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:59 am

I think I killed myself in the Item menu... =P
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Brown-Acid
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Brown-Acid » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:46 am

Awesome.....is this the first fan made game that has actual released content?

Yeah that bar in the battle screen would take up time .....i suppose if it was given a purpose like if u swipe b4 it fills u do a weaker attack.....ive seen that in a game b4 'mana of something' or 'something of mana'....forget the title

i suppose u couldve given the controls but i guess they were easy to figure out

but it looks great for whats been done....what program would u need to make such a game btw

good to see you are still dishing out a game
give me a moment so i can think up a good idea

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Postby TheBradshaw » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:44 pm

I'm glad to see the responses, they really push me weirdly enough. And I'm taking them all into account. I'm making it a point to speed up the ready meter now.

Right now I'm looking for a female lead Lufia Character's name.

Edit: Also, the program I'm using is OHRRPGCE. Your welcome to help me make some additional, tile sets, character, enemies, attack animations if you'd like to add to Lufia 4. Of course all of it will be polished from me before addition. Also, feel free to make your own Lufia fan projects as mentioned a few blog post back.

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:09 pm

OHRRPGCE? Bloody hell... if that's the short version, what on earth is it short for? :D

I'm glad to see the responses, they really push me weirdly enough

Nah, not that weird- it feels good doing it for more than yourself, to recieve feedback, and to know that what you do is appreciated... I can only hope that that motivates you enough ;)

Tony

Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:29 am

Nice! For a demo, looks good! It's good to see at least a part of a game. I wish you luck with the actual game!

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:20 am

I know I should leave you alone on this because of "reasons". Still I just HAD to download it. All I can say is I'm loving every bit of this demo. All 8 of them.

Criticism? I gave that up because apparently they're me forcing suggestions. I have found one excuse: I wouldn't mind some 8-bit tracks though. That would be awesome and suit the mood better personally. What do you expect? Its an 8-bit game.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:13 pm

You shouldn't leave the board. I'll leave it at that, this topic is not the place :)

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:01 pm

Hey TheBradshaw... I was reading your blog (which is a great idea, keeping one for personal usage as well, offline :D), and I was surprised to see my own work there as well :D I was wondering though, why is your version in response to mine?

Anyways, keep it up! Need more Lufia in my veins :D

Tony

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Postby TheBradshaw » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:57 pm

I know I should leave you alone on this because of "reasons". Still I just HAD to download it. All I can say is I'm loving every bit of this demo. All 8 of them.

Criticism? I gave that up because apparently they're me forcing suggestions. I have found one excuse: I wouldn't mind some 8-bit tracks though. That would be awesome and suit the mood better personally. What do you expect? Its an 8-bit game.

Again thanks for the support everyone.

Darkmaster, what do you mean all 8 of them?

As for the 8-bit music, ask my sister, I bounced around this idea with my sister and we decided to drop this last year when I decided to take this super seriously. Unfortunately, it was found in practice that 8-bit music conflicts with the direction of the title. Sometimes I'm still temped.

Hey TheBradshaw... I was reading your blog (which is a great idea, keeping one for personal usage as well, offline Very Happy), and I was surprised to see my own work there as well Very Happy I was wondering though, why is your version in response to mine?

Anyways, keep it up! Need more Lufia in my veins Very Happy

I'm glad you like the blog, I really try to find the time for it, to keep everyone who cares informed. It's hard sometimes.

Now, the Lufia 4 Test Demo WAS in response to your because I'm always telling people to make Lufia Fan games to get the name out there. So while I actually saw somebody take action, I wanted to remind everyone that I TOO am producing. I'm going to throw a link to your blog soon.

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:22 am

Hah, I'm not much of a blogger... already I'm annoyed by all the spelling and grammar mistakes I'm making, despite the knowledge that no one reads it anyways :D But likewise, I'll link to yours as well, least I could do :)

Tony

And I smirked at the 8 bit joke, haha :D

EDIT: You know... now that I think of it, I might be able to write a small program that emulates the escape key for you, if you press another character. I made something simmilar back in the days, and can do so again if you keep it simple- say, if F1 is pressed, let windows think Esc was pressed (as well? I have to look that up, I don't think I can ignore the default F1 functionality for you, so pick a key you don't use for anything else). Let me know if you want this :)

Fieryshadowz
Red Jelly

Postby Fieryshadowz » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:44 am

Interesting, I'm thinking about writing a blog about my favorite game. Lufia I & II never played the other ones though. It'll take awhile though because I do want it to be good. =)

Cheers!

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:28 am

i haven't tried it myself, but keep it up!
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Return to “Lufia Fan Works”