Advent Shadows: Arek's Romance Part II

Online roleplaying takes place in this board. No out-of-character posts are allowed here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Rezic
Knight

Advent Shadows: Arek's Romance Part II

Postby Rezic » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:03 pm

Sean McLain, the 20th decendant of Maxim and Selan, has lived in a small town all his life. The elders had hoped that putting him in such a tiny hamlet would divert the attention of the Maxim Hunters. A band of terrorists sworn to end Maxim's bloodline. One decendant at a time. For who would hide such a valued person amoung the farmers and simple folk?

As much as the people had tried, Sean's adventrous lineage always got the best of him. He'd run off when he was supposed to be in school, and wouldn't return for days at a time. Only to return when one of his gaurds located him and knocked him out with magic.

As days went by Sean settled for mediocrity. Simple tasks such as pest control, night watch, and basic training mocked him until he couldn't take it anymore. He carefully planned a night to run away.

Then, 3 days before his advent departure, his plans changed. Two travelers drifted into town and changed everything. Lana Alekdias, and her traveling companion Ark brought Sean just what he wanted...

Careful what you wish you may regret it. Careful what you wish you just might get it.

That night a woman by the name of Sarai brought him to a dungeon in a nearby forest only to run into old friends... and new enemies.

Fighting again Sean couldn't control himself. He went into a great rage and killed all that got in his way, but someone... a mysterious masked magician, Seymour, managed to pull him out of it. Sean's best friend Shinji also happened to get mixed up in the mess but proved to be beneficial to the victory. Although Sean and company won the battle they didn't arise unscathed. Lana got knocked out in the fight.

Sean, Lana, Ark, Shinji, and the magician sought to find a way out of the dungeon and did. The magician stayed behind to...entertain their pursuers... Of course, there was another odd obsticle blocking them from freedom. An odd man, seemingly a relative of Lana, greeted them and watched them pass out into the open air, and even revived Lana, but one thought resonated in all of their thoughts...

That seemed just a little bit too easy...

Accept Lana, who's only thought was to get out while she could. Perhaps it was her attitude that gave this other odd character his unsettling air. Lana and Ark broke from the group and ran as far and fast as they could.

Sean and Shinji, thrilled to be fighting side by side again broke into an easy stride and enjoyed the fresh air. They conversed pleasantly until something caught Sean's eye. A dark cloud of smoke rising from the sky. His vision drifted down to see a black bird perched on a hallow, petrified tree. Just as he and Shinji were about to explore that met two new eccentric characters, Kera and Zak.

Sean's typical unease towards strangers was coupled with irritation by the enthusiastic spirit of the youth, Kera. The same child was the one to spot the source of the smoke, a fire that engulfed the city of Namai. The four raced to the scene of the inferno only to meet Lana and Ark again. No reunion would be complete without the one who seemed to constantly bring them all together, the eccentric and all-knowing magician, Seymour.

Kera vehemently reacts to Seymour's presence and happens to knick Lana's chin with a scythe. That was the last straw for Sean. Accustomed to being alone and stressed from the previous events he snaps on Lana, Kera, and Seymour.

As his hatred begins to rise the cooling voice of the wind reasons with him.

I remember how she could so easily calm me...I'm here, your gone and yet you still manage to make sure I don't make the same mistake twice... even in death...

Sean and company look long and hard at the raging inferno that sets before them. Screams of those burning ring out like a demented hell song. Sean stands ahead of the rest with his body tense and his head bowed in defeat and remorse.

"Lana, Ark, Shinji you three look for any survivors that could explain the origins of this." Sean spoke slowly and with a heavy tone. He tilted his head slightly in the general direction of Zak and Kera. "You two will help me bring down this fire. You will do exactly as I say. Understand?" Sean waits for their response and then stands up straight ready to go. "Joker, do whatever you want, I don't wanna deal with you anymore anyway. If I find out that you did do this, or you know who did this..." Sean let out a dry chuckle, "use your vividly twisted imagination."
Last edited by Rezic on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:07 pm

Zak scratched his head. "First you start yelling at us, and now you're bossing us around..." He looked up at the sky, eyebrows raised. "Someone here lacks a little in the manners department."

Lana made a derisive chuckle. "I'll say. Who exactly do you think you are? I think I just saved you from your little prison. You should be on your knees in gratitude."
She looked Sean in the eyes with a sneer. "Don't bother though, I'm off. This village wasn't worth the visit in the first place."
Ark watched the discussion. "Lana... people are dying in that village right now!"
Lana ignored him and started walking away from them.
Zak shook his head. "Dear, dear... someone's making himself unpopular." He looked at Kera. "Let's not be heavy on the man, he's had a bad day. So you heard him, go ahead and rescue your village."

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:06 pm

Sean looks up at Lana with a determined look on his face. His eyes look glazed over, lacking any kind of light that shone before.

"Woman, do you honestly think your discontent is reason enough to decide the fate of many?" The seething hatred was apparent in his voice but there was also the most subtle hint of sorrow. His facial expression changes from a look of cold determination to a look of disgusted realization. "May the innocent lives you destroy meet you in hell and show you the darkness in your heart. Leave now, I would never want someone like you fighting by my side again. Be damned to your conceited thoughts if you think that a few harsh words is enough to murder hundreds of people."

To think, I somehow thought your were different...If only I could bring you back...

Sean ran off disregaurding the others to leave them to their own thoughts. Those who followed him were now joining the fire by their own decision. He was through with this worthless pack of ingrates.

I need to find the passage back to the place I was before

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:20 am

Zak looked down upon Kera only to find the boy running off into the carnage.

The mysterious masked man only stood there, smirking, watching. He pulled out his pocket watch, opened it, and adjusted his monocle. "Well well, look at the time!" exclaimed the masked man. "Its about time for me to leave." The man closed his watch; replacing it in his pocket he gazed at first Sean, then at Lana. "I do hope that you two will settle each others vices later. For now, there are people suffering," he said.

And before Sean and Lana could shout a come back, the masked man waved his cape and vanished.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:56 pm

Lana turned away from Sean. "I'm not hearing this. Smell ya later."
Beckoning Ark, she left. Ark shrugged apologetically to Sean, and walked after her.
Zak chuckled. "Aw, give a guy a rest." He turned to Sean. "No worries, let's go and have a look at that fire."

Ark looked at Lana, storming away from the group. "Well, they were full of surprises at least, right?"
Lana didn't answer.
"Angry at the guy?" Ark asked. "You made your point though, about not being bossed around."
Lana snorted. "Like I even need to make a point about that. And angry? At myself maybe... for not letting him rot away in that prison cell."
It remained silent for a while as they walked, until Ark suddenly chuckled softly. Lana turned around. "And what're you laughing at?"
"Oh nothing," Ark said quickly. "I just couldn't help noticing we're heading in the direction of the village."
Lana hesitated, then clicked her tongue impatiently. "You said you wanted to get your stuff back, right? Stop asking stupid questions."
He smiled. "All right..."
Heh, I guess even she can't watch a whole village burn down without doing anything...

Zak ran to catch up with Sean. Kera had already run past them. "You've had a rough day, huh?"
He looked at him, judging his reaction.
"Still," he added with a wink, "at least it wasn't a boring day, right?"

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:49 pm

Boring...right....

Sean didn't say anything, not that he got much of a chance to. As a doomcry echoed around his ears we drew his sword. Over the chaos he turned to Zak and attempted to direct him.

"I really hope you're limber! I am going to be giving you people 2 at a time to carry out of these flames. Don't try to fight the flames, leave that to me! If there's anyone who can walk, guide them! If anyone besides someone you know offers to help do NOT let them!"

Unaffected by previous stresses Sean set to work manipulating the flames around him with his blade and carrying out unconscious people. Shinji overheard what Sean said to Zak and began to aid in the efforts.

(OOC: It seems we lost Shinji, I might be able to sucker him into making a couple RP posts at least to dismiss himself, but for now I'll give him basic roles. He's my best friend, and his character, if you haven't gathered, plays Sean's best friend. Sorry guys.)

Alright, so as Shinji and Zak get people out of houses I'll try to absorb some fire and send the rest of it to vacant houses. I just hope this place isn't really as big as it looks.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:07 pm

Zak looked at him with a small smile, with the slightest trace of mockery. "Well... Why not. Let's try that."
He ran towards the village along with Sean, then passed him and went deeper into the heart of the burning village.
As he ran, he noticed no fleeing people, and heard no screams of alarm or pain. He looked around, then went up to the first of a row of houses nearby. He looked through the window, scanning the house, but found no trace of life. The other houses were the same. Indeed, the entire village was deserted.
Zak raised his eyebrow slightly. "Well now, would you like at that. Seems like someone did my work for me. What a pleasant surprise." He looked behind him. "Wonder if the Sean guy knows. Ah well. Best I can do for now is..."
He ran to the buildings that were still aflame and slowly started casting a spell. At length, a beam of water shot at the raging flames. A loud hissing was heard as it made contact, and the fire grew smaller, though it wasn't barely enough to put it out.
Zak sighed. "This could take a while," he concluded, and restarted casting.

From a distance, close to invisible, two grim men watched from the bushes as Zak continued trying to fight the water. They exchanged looks.
"Is it him?" one asked.
The other considered, then shook his head. "He'll come, though. He won't be able to stand and watch. Our trap... is about to snap shut."

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:33 pm

Little Kera scouted the village. Other than thick smoke (which is thankfully thinning out) and houses ablaze (thankfully dying out), Kera saw no traces of life or movement. Earler Kera was shouting the names of the local villagers, but no response. And the smoke was clogging his lungs forcing Kera to keep silent.

Kera felt a small bump, and he rubbed the back of his head. He turned around to see what bumbed him, only to find a small church no bigger than a common house untouched by the blaze. Kera swallowed what little air he could. A horryfying felling crept up the boy's gut, and his ears twitched. Kera pushed the door. The door suddenly snapped from its hinges and fell on Kera's foot. Kera cursed, "YEOW!!! Stupid door! *hop* Ouch! Fall on my foot, why don't ya!"

Kera qualmed his nerves and stood at the opening in front of the church. He took no more than two steps inside, and wished to condemned his instinct...

Return to “The Roleplay”