New Game in Development - Game Artists required

Share your Lufia fan fiction and artwork in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

waveflux
Villager

New Game in Development - Game Artists required

Postby waveflux » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:11 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this community. I just stumbled onto it 2 weeks ago. I am a computer programmer and have been on vacation for the past 2 weeks, so I've already developed a game engine for an RPG. Since there seems to be at least 2 new lufias under development I'm creating an RPG inspired by lufia will a lot of the "sexy" elements that I like about lufia (the battle system, the puzzles, the way the message boxes make that noise when they read to you, etc).

I'm thinking that it'd be fun to have a character like "guy" as the main character in my game.

I have a friend that is creating all of the music for me, and I can more than handle all of the programming, so all that i need is:

1. Graphic Artists - for creation of sprites, and map tiles (I love the art of lufia, so I'd want all of them to be the same style (but new ones))

2. Map designers - that will use these sprites and tiles and create maps that my game will load. Once I have people that are interested, I will create an easy to use map editor that will load the images and so creating the maps should be easy.

3. Anything else that i'm not thinking of.

If you'd be interesting in helping please email me at: tmtg@hotmail.com (add "lufia" to the subject of the email).

I'm kind of a workaholic so I can pump out this game fairly quickly if I get some people who can help me create the art.

let me know!
Tom

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:49 am

Well, you could always introduce yourself in another topic. Hey! The more Lufia fan games the better!

Also, before you start demanding deadlines, we must know what exactly you're working on.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:14 pm

I'm curious about the RPG engine you've 'already created'- I know mine's taken a lot of work already, and I am nowhere close to a full fledged engine :D What can it do, in which language is it? For the map part, I can heavily recommend Mappy, google for it; it's not perfect, but it's a good tool to get you started on creating those maps. I know that I'll replace it eventually by my own making, but so far it helped me focus on the game, rather than the editor :)

Good luck on the project mate :)

Tony
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

waveflux
Villager

Postby waveflux » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:05 pm

DarkMaster2101 wrote:Well, you could always introduce yourself in another topic. Hey! The more Lufia fan games the better!

Also, before you start demanding deadlines, we must know what exactly you're working on.

I haven't yet created a deadline! I was just letting people know that I like to work a lot, so if they wanted to get involved in a project that will get produced "relatively" fast, then iI'm a good choice.

What i am working on is a RPG with lufia type graphics, with a main character similar to "GUY". It won't be a lufia remake, but it will contain a lot of the elements that I like of Lufia 1 & 2. I want to make it a different RPG since my I want to turn it into a game series.

waveflux
Villager

Postby waveflux » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:09 pm

Anthony wrote:I'm curious about the RPG engine you've 'already created'- I know mine's taken a lot of work already, and I am nowhere close to a full fledged engine :D What can it do, in which language is it? For the map part, I can heavily recommend Mappy, google for it; it's not perfect, but it's a good tool to get you started on creating those maps. I know that I'll replace it eventually by my own making, but so far it helped me focus on the game, rather than the editor :)

Good luck on the project mate :)

Tony

My engine isn't complete either. It's written in java (since i want the game to work on every platform). It basically does everything except for battles and menus. It's very object oriented and it loads stuff from databases (text files), so i can add new things easily.

Thanks for the recommendation of mappy, but i think i'll create my own since i want to be able to add certain events and game specific info to it.

if your curious about any feature of the engine in particular just let me know and i can explain it further.

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:33 am

Haha, heavily appreciated, and likewise; if there's anything I can explain from my engine, let me know :)

Tony
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/

Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

Brown-Acid
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Brown-Acid » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:09 am

Another fan game...great to hear

yes ...i found the puzzles of lufia very sexy indeed too

Man i wish i was a workaholic in the design aspect of things
give me a moment so i can think up a good idea

Return to “Lufia Fan Works”