Lufia sheet music

Share your Lufia fan fiction and artwork in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Wyvern
Red Jelly

Lufia sheet music

Postby Wyvern » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:57 pm

Hello! Semi-new here. I had an account here before the move but never got around to posting and because I had a website listed in my profile, it was deleted so I had to re-register. (I know this isn't the place for introductions. I'll make a proper one later.)

I run a Nintendo sheet music site: http://nintyfresh.com/
One of the games I plan on transcribing a lot of music from is Lufia: The Legend Returns. I don't know how many of you guys are game musicians but I know you're all at least Lufia fans.
If you Google sheet music for this game you will notice that there's next to nothing. Are there an tracks in particular that you would like to see piano transcriptions for? I really wanna see what the community wants.

Also, are there any tracks from the other games that don't yet have transcriptions that you would like to see done?

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:20 am

First and foremost, welcome! I know that some posters were asking for sheet music earlier on, and that we have some talented musicians here... so stick around! ;)

Tony
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

rtnario
Villager

Postby rtnario » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:10 pm

Yeah, you should introduce yourself first before anything IMO ^^

And would you look at that, another Lufia: The Legend Returns (& soundtrack) fan, which is the same reason why I'm here. :D I still have a lot of actual playing to do of Lufia I & II though ^^;

Looking at your sheet music tells me that it's nice and accurate; great job! Although the original title of the song is Epsis Continent and the original composer (well, at least the lead composer) is Yasunori Shiono. I also suggest posting MIDIs alongside your sheet music to help people even more when it comes to knowing how it should sound like. :)
A <b>frue</b> and proud Lufia: The Legend Returns fan!

<a href="http://www.lufiaworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1386162">Lufia: The Legend Returns - Remixes by LEAF XCEED</a>

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:15 pm

Great to hear! I play piano a lot, and some sheet music would be awesome! I'd personally go for Lufia I or II rather than TLR, but that's just me. And I guess I notice the music from TLR less because it's on gameboy. It could sound much better on piano.

Anyway, you were asking for suggestions?
I'd like to see some sheet music from Wain's theme (Well, I mean the cheerful one that plays whenever they decide it's time to go :P)
and the theme that plays in the Tower of Twilight.
My favourite Lufia theme of all time is the FOD theme from ROTS. I think it's also known as The Final Duel. Those are tracks I'd recommend.
Well, we'll see how far you can get. I look forward to what sheet music you'll produce! ;) Good luck.

Wyvern
Red Jelly

Postby Wyvern » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:28 pm

Awesome, great to see more video game music fans. Also, the actual names of the pieces are very helpful. I'm not so good in that area.

The reason I'm not doing much Lufia I or II stuff is because there already exists a fair amount of it around the net. But like I said, if you can think of any tunes from those games that are not transcribed yet, I'd be happy to take a shot at them.

As for MIDI's, I'll be happy to provide them on request. In the past I used to include them with the sheet music on the site, but people start taking advantage of that and uploading them to vgmusic where basically other sites would plug them into Finale and create "new" sheet music from them. I made the effort, they took the credit pretty much. Happened to an affiliate of mine.

EDIT: I have Lufia TLR gbs file here and if someone could help me with the names of the tracks, that would be very helpful.

rtnario
Villager

Postby rtnario » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:11 am

I have the Lufia TLR GBS as well (I use Meridian Advance to play it) and Estpolis Biography soundtrack so I know which names go where. In other words, I'd be glad to be of help. :wink:

Post all the GBS track numbers you need the original titles of and I'll reply with all their proper titles. ^^

Also, wow, that sucks. Now that I think of it, that could/does happen; just that it never happened to me. Then you better put a note on your site to tell people that you give MIDIs via requests to avoid those cases IMO.

<a href="http://www.lufiaworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1386162">Lufia: The Legend Returns - Remixes by LEAF XCEED</a>

Wyvern
Red Jelly

Postby Wyvern » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:24 pm

Well, here's all the ones I'm interested in:
5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 19, 22, 26, 31, 34, 39, 40, 41, 43, 48, 51, 52, 54, 58, 68.
67 was awesome, but I'm pretty sure it's done somewhere.
I'll prioritize whichever ones the members want the most.

rtnario
Villager

Postby rtnario » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:15 am

...whoa, I didn't expect that you'd go all out, but this better be all you're gonna be planning since this took my time :D

5 = To The Ocean
7 = Enhancement
8 = Rescue
9 = Tower Of Sorrow
10 = Sorrow And Parting
12 = Battle #3 (should be called Sinistral Battle IMO)
13 = Town Of Redwood
14 = Battle #1 (ordinary battle)
16 = Patos Village
19 = The Wounded Warrior
22 = Town Of Albano
26 = The Legend Returns
31 = Majari Village
34 = Tower Of Illusion
39 = Decision
40 = The New World
41 = Pirate Ship
43 = Battle #4 (or True Erim Battle...good luck if you're gonna try this)
48 = Diary Of Memories
51 = Finale
52 = The Journey Continues!
54 = Confession
58 = God Of Eternal Flame Zalbak
68 = N/A (no title; then again some tracks were officially called Unused Music 2, etc.)

You owe me now :shock:

Anyway, my vote goes to Battle #1. ^^

Wyvern
Red Jelly

Postby Wyvern » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:19 pm

Awesome! Thank you so much!
When I like the music for a game, my list is typically long. Ex. Mother 3. I have quite the list, and I'm still working down it.

I believe I do owe you now. :P I'll get started on battle #1.
Image - NintyFresh :: Nintendo Sheet Music
(soon to have more Lufia TLR stuff too.)

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:35 pm

Nice! I greatly admire people who have the patience to write sheet music like this; I once tried to do Rondo: Light & Shadow from Lunar II for my trumpet and I gave up doing anything but the vocals.
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:11 am

I think you can find some MIDI files at http://www.vgmusic.com/ , and if you have something like Noteworthy Composer then you can use it as sheet music.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

musiclover2010
Red Jelly

Postby musiclover2010 » Fri May 21, 2010 7:58 am

Hi, i am piano player but still at the beginner stage.

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Postby TheBradshaw » Fri May 21, 2010 7:35 pm

Hey I know who you are lol
Lufia IV Development @ http://lufia4.wordpress.com

nwilliams
Red Jelly

Postby nwilliams » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:04 am

Lufia is the Legend for the music of this game. Lufia is the awesome sheet music which is in more popularity. a great music admire love the lufia music sheet. It gives the best features to explore the lufia.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:12 am

Bad bot. Stay in your hole. Blockity block?

Return to “Lufia Fan Works”