Estopolis Tactics: Turn-Based Strategy Game

Share your Lufia fan fiction and artwork in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Which of the following classes would you like to see in action in an Estopolis Turn-Based Strategy?

Hero
No votes
Sinistral
100%
Soldier
No votes
Thief
No votes
Scorceror
No votes
None of the Above
No votes
The game would suck anyways so I don't care
No votes

Total votes: 1

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Estopolis Tactics: Turn-Based Strategy Game

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:48 pm

I just thought of one of the best fan game ideas ever made. Personally, I was thinking about making a game in my spare time to get my programming skills in. I finished Lufia I & II on the SNES a few months back. After that I decided to play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and that's when the idea hit me...

I wonder what type of game would a Lufia Turn Based Strategy Game would be like. Unique IP systems, on map battles, different human and monster units would be in that game.

Project Title: ESTOPOLIS TACTICS

The Second Doom Island War has just begun!

- Take control of over 50 different units ranging from warriors, spell casters, and even Monsters each with their own abilities and skills

- Use invaluable IP techniques, skills, and mystic arts to blast away your enemies

- Manage your campaign against the Masters of Doom, recruit new allies, raise monsters, and pull out any and every battle strategy in this new adventure

Sound's good right? Feel free to give me any and all opinions. YES it says "Second Doom Island War" on purpose.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:03 pm

It sounds great!
So, how are you going to make it? Need help from people?
Honestly, there have been a LOT of Lufia fangame projects already, and few have ever gotten somewhere. But I'm willing to give everything a shot, so let us hear it!

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:47 pm

The only help I'm going to need since I just started programming is finding out which game engine would work best with a Turn-Based strategy. I'm trying to make the system in RM2k3 however I'm still studying the syntax of the system AND trying to figure out how to make a cursor using a separate event sprite and an invisible hero.
---DarkMaster2101

Zifanite
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Zifanite » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:24 am

Invisible hero in rm2k3 is easy, however customising your battle system isn't. I don't think it'll be easy on any engine, and rm2k3 isn't really set up for it.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:32 am

Yeah, invisible hero is easy... Right now I'm just setting up the interface for the game. I could update with the project-so-far with screens. That's about all I can do.

Another thing about the game is that the battles are taken "outside" of the battle system of RM2k3. I could probably do a bubble sort with the turns of characters and have separate battle phases. But first thing's first is an interface.
---DarkMaster2101

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:17 am

*update*

Guess what? I'm bumping an old topic.

I finally finished the cursor movement. But I need to make some graphics for menus and such.

Also, The sprite design I am using is for single square units is 32 by 48 and double for creatures.

I am thinking the anatomy of the Lufia II character portraits displayed in the menu. I want to keep the old art style, but make it more high res.
---DarkMaster2101

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:52 am

It's just "Estpolis". Go look at the logo yourself at Forfeit Island if you don't believe me.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:56 am

vivify93 wrote:It's just "Estpolis". Go look at the logo yourself at Forfeit Island if you don't believe me.

Hmm... I thought it was Estopolis? Oh well, Firefox spell check doesn't help me. Another fail post I discovered. How many treasures of these will I find.

Of course now they're nothing more than scars in this beloved forum.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:35 pm

All official media calls it "Estpolis".

Here: http://forfeit.electromaz.com/lufia1/art/

Image is called "Estpolis 1's logo."
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:47 am

http://forfeit.electromaz.com/lufia1/art/estop.jpg

The image displays 'estpolis'... but is called 'estop'. I'm confused :)
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

Return to “Lufia Fan Works”