cartoons, comics....yay!

Discuss what it says on the tin!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

cartoons, comics....yay!

Postby Volt » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:26 pm

2 days ago I had my 26th birthday, and since I've been in a "joyful" mood lately, I decided to go for a walk. Against rational thinking I ended up in a bookstore, which for me, well.... bad. I tend to desire a lot of books I stumble upon.

I bought 2 books, and 2 comic "books". The books being the Lord of the Rings, The Divine Comedy, and the comic books being Wolverine Origins: Deadpool (which is frickin hilarious), and... that awesome Batman classic: The Killing Joke.

Oddly enough I've never actually been into batman comics. Last year I had bought "The Joker's Last laugh", which was plain sh*t, and "A Death in the Family", which was just above decent, but interesting enough. The Killing Joke however, was a cult favorite of just about anyone I know who was into batman comics, so I decided to buy it because of that. And damn... it was just awesome. Never, not even in the Dark Knight Returns, was the joker ever so........ psychothic, yet logical at the same time. It inspired me to re-watch the old batman cartoons, as well as batman beyond.

And right now I'm watching Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, with a lot of nostalgia. And I realised how much I loved those old Marvel/DC cartoons; X-men Adventures, the new adventures of Spider-man, Batman: the animated series, Batman Beyond, etc etc.

How many of you still occasionally watch those old cartoons or read the old comics? And what do you feel when you do?

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:51 am

I upgraded to DISH with an expensive package just to watch the old stuff.

I would wish hollywood would stop screwing around with recreating comics and toys in their minds, which is to make money. If you make something based on the comic, at least keep it classic. Kind of like the first two Spider-Man movies.

Since Disney bought out Marvel. Spider Duck FTW.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:34 am

Would be funny though if we see marvel specials with disney characters.

Wolverine being portrayed by Goofy and someone like the Hulk being played by Donald would be funny. Esspecially if gore is also in it.

Seriously, I'd pay money to see Donald rip off the heads of other disney characters.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:15 pm

Nah, Goofy is the Hulk. OMG that would be insane. And Donald is Spider-Duck. I guess Mickey Mouse can be Captain America.

Wolverine... Hmmm... Toughy.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:47 pm

Daisy should be Rogue. It would explain why she hasnt "gotten it onnnnn" yet in all her years :/. Well if Donals is Spider-duck, then I guess Gladstone Glander should be gambit? I'd hate to see him as Longshot is too predictable.

Hm...

Donald Duck as Spider-duck
Daisy Duck as Mary Jane Quack
Uncle Scrooge as J. Jonah Saveitson
Gladstone Gander as.... Eddy Gwock?

Wonder what the Beagle Boys should be though....

LoraineReppert
Red Jelly

Re: cartoons, comics....yay!

Postby LoraineReppert » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:09 am

i actually read online comics, there are too many available now. Cartoon, its for kids :D

Return to “Entertainment: Movies, Music, TV, etc.”