THERE`S A NEW Lufia: Curse by Gods VIDEO GAME ANNOUNCED!!!

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

TheBradshaw
Soldier

THERE`S A NEW Lufia: Curse by Gods VIDEO GAME ANNOUNCED!!!

Postby TheBradshaw » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:31 pm

Square Enix publishing Taito's new Lufia game
Posted Nov 12, 2009 at 01:39PM by Karl B. Listed in: News, Games Tags: Famitsu, Japan, Square Enix, Nintendo, PSOne, Taito

Famitsu.com has broken the news on a new entry in Taito's Estpolis series. If the name doesn't ring a bell, the series was released outside Japan as "Lufia". The new game will be called Estpolis: The Land Cursed by the Gods and will be produced by the original game's development staff. Square Enix will be handling publishing duties.

The Famitsu piece didn't reveal any details -- not even target platforms -- but given the series' strong ties to Nintendo hardware a release on the Big N's consoles are a good possibility. Well, there was that one PSOne game but that got canceled...

We'll find out more in the next Famitsu issue due out next week. That one will reportedly feature a full unveiling of the game.

On a side note, I'm happy Square Enix didn't go the countdown route for this one. I'm seriously sick of those.
http://wii.qj.net/Square-Enix-publishing-Taito-s-new-Lufia-game/pg/49/aid/135894
Lufia IV Development @ http://lufia4.wordpress.com

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:44 pm

I posted a news article about this a few seconds ago =P
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:07 pm

......Square Enix has a lot of nerve to pick up this game. This is going to be a make-or-break moment in my eyes. If they screw this up, lord knows I will never support Square-Enix again, nor shall I ever buy a game they made ever again. The lufia series are too precious for me.

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Postby TheBradshaw » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:15 pm

I know what you mean. I hope that it funds the project and does rubs any of that Final Fantasy `magic`on it.
Lufia IV Development @ http://lufia4.wordpress.com

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:53 pm

Imagine that this game becomes 'the next FFVII', a game where entire generations have good memories about, and not just the relative handful that played Lufia II... fingers crossed!
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:34 am

Well, I already expressed my excitement but I'll express it again.

And I hope this game doesn't become the next Final Fantasy 7, honestly (that game still had its faults, I found out the hard way). Instead, I hope that this will vitalize the dreams and imaginations of both Lufians, RPG fans, and software engineers alike.

Or the greatest remake of Lufia II. Either way I support this.

I think I should join ScrewAttack.com and post this.

[EDIT] It's already posted. http://screwattack.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ia#p909799
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:48 am

Oh yes! I've been waiting a long time for this!
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

SBaby
Red Jelly

Postby SBaby » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:11 am

I'm thinking either Wii or DS looks the most likely. But Square-Enix could throw a curve ball and put it on the PS3 or 360 (or both) instead.

More interesting is the picture of multiple floating islands on the front page article.
A Winner Is You!!!

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:38 pm

Erm, if Square-Enix is working alongside nintendo with this, I doubt its gonna be a PS3 game ;)

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:27 am

Volt wrote:Erm, if Square-Enix is working alongside nintendo with this, I doubt its gonna be a PS3 game ;)

Estpolis is still a Taito franchise. Taito usually deal with arcade games but is a third party publisher nonetheless.

SBaby
Red Jelly

Postby SBaby » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:38 am

Volt wrote:Erm, if Square-Enix is working alongside nintendo with this, I doubt its gonna be a PS3 game ;)

Nintendo doesn't own Taito. Square-Enix does. So it could end up on any system (including PSP or DS).
A Winner Is You!!!

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:22 am

SBaby wrote:

Nintendo doesn't own Taito. Square-Enix does. So it could end up on any system (including PSP or DS).

Or Playstation 3, Wii, Xbox 360, Xbox Live Arcade, Wii Ware, Playstation Network, or PC/Mac. You'll never know. With SE's bad habit of polishing games it might not even see this generation.

Yes FFXIII I know your US/PAL release is March 9, 2010. Yet I still have this feeling that the game will be delayed until 2011.

/rant

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:32 pm

quoted from http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176979

The new Estpolis is being developed by Lufia creator Neverland Company, with much of the staff of Lufia II closely involved with the project. That's no accident, as it turns out: This Estpolis is an action-RPG "rebirth" of Lufia II, which originally hit the Super NES in 1996.

Starring Maxim, a young monster hunter blessed with impressive and mysterious powers, the game features him and his friends on a quest to uncover what lurks behind the Wave Device, an object that grants the user godlike powers. As in Lufia II, the game will feature dungeons that focus heavily on puzzle-solving; unlike Lufia II, the gameplay is now action-RPG in style, with you controlling Maxim directly in battle and switching between characters by tapping their portrait on the bottom screen -- useful for combo attacks.

According to that site, there's puzzles in the game.

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:16 pm

Wave Device? I guess that means the Dual Blade, doesn't it?

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:03 pm

No, it means the wave at foot ball games.

Of course it means Dual Blade... Does it?

Hmm...
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”