THERE`S A NEW Lufia: Curse by Gods VIDEO GAME ANNOUNCED!!!

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:21 pm

Nah, obviously, they mean FOOMY!

Just noticed that the release date (25-2-2010) happens to be only one day after Estpolis II's 15th anniversary (24-2-1995) Coincidence? Or did they plan to release it on a date like that? =P
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:23 pm

Now to petition SE to release the game in the US. They may or may not depending on RF sales. I think.

And yes the Wave Device is none other than...

Yep, Foomy.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:43 pm

Sounds like it'll be a blast.
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

SBaby
Red Jelly

Postby SBaby » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:12 am

Well, after seeing the screenshots, I'm a bit leary. Biggest surprise (and one I was most afraid of) was that they made it into an action RPG, so I'm already thinking, 'Shining Force'... But who knows? Maybe their development team will handle it better than the team that made the horrendous Neo and EXA games.

I do like that it's a remake of Lufia II though (which is mentioned on the main lufiaworld site too). Should be interesting to see how they tackle the story with the new mechanics.
A Winner Is You!!!

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:52 pm

I think I probably did the most dorky thing in excitement, looking back on it. You see, I like making fangames that I'll never release to the general public because I more enjoy the creation than making them playable to anyone without my warped sense of humor. I was making a CIMA fangame and after killing one of the main villains in the story, it kinda went like this.

Vayne: How can a weakling like you (pointing at Ivy) be so strong? (IC for him so it wasn't so strange...plus it's a common villain question).

Ivy: I have someone I need to protect. (okay, CIMA is all about protecting people so nothing odd).

Me: (rereads last two lines) Wait...wasn't this in Lufia II!? (frantically looks up script and adapts the rest of the scene into a variant on that one/confession that I wasn't planning on doing till later).

I don't know what's more pathetic. The fact that I made a CIMA fangame or the fact that I unconsciously started rewriting a scene from Lufia II when I was working on it...

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:44 am

Have you guys seen Maxim and Selan's redesigns? They look eerily similar to Squall and Quistis from FFVIII. I'm not sure I like it. I just hope Tia doesn't look like Rinoa...
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:41 pm

I like the new designs but... I'm still used to Maxim wearing armor and a cape... and without spikey hair =P

@ Teefa
When I was little I started writing some random Lufia fanfiction, I only wrote the beginning but then I was like: Wait, this sounds too much like Chrono Trigger!*throws it away*

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:41 pm

I wrote some too, but it never really went beyond my odd humor style so it never saw the light of day on the net. And 75% of it was from an alternate universe version of the story that was linked to this game my friends and I used to play when we were young enough to still play pretend.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:42 pm

>HERE'S< a comparison I made of Selan's redesign and Quistis. I would've just imbedded it in the post or whatever, but it made the forum stretch with my computer's resolution.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:48 pm

still really looking forward for this! :)
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:30 am

Me too. I've convinced my boyfriend to play the series with me (at least II since it's the game in question but hopefully I and possibly TLR to round out all the games that feature the Sinistrals vs. Maxim & his descendants) since we are going through a bunch of classic SNES games when he comes over and we just finished up Earthbound. He's never played any of the Lufia games before, but I ramble about them and CIMA waaaaaaaaaaay too much to him.

devonm042690
Knight

Postby devonm042690 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:09 am

Have any of you seen the trailer? I think what Maxim gets at the beginning is the Wave Device.

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Sun May 02, 2010 4:29 pm

Apparently I've been out of the loop for a while. I had no idea this was coming out. I guess we'll have to wait for an english version to come out or someone to make an english rom of it.
stupid is as stupid does

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”