Re-Fan Story

Share your Lufia fan fiction and artwork in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

alehk
Red Jelly

Re-Fan Story

Postby alehk » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:30 pm

Chapter 1:
A New Beginning and an Old Reunion:

“It all seemed to happen to fast,” Guy explained, as he paced the floor. “The monsters, the Sinistrals, they all seemed to come and go in a flash. And your father… He sacrificed himself to save you and your hometown.”

Jeros sat staring at Guy. This wasn’t the first time he had the story of his father, but hearing it helped him feel closer to Maxim, and he knew it made Guy feel better to talk about it.

Although there had been no danger or monsters since the Sinistrals, Guy had begun training Jeros since he was five. “Alright Jeros, we better get some rest. We’ve got an early day tomorrow, and I think Hilda’s going to cook us something good to eat!”

Jeros took off his armor and placed it in the trunk beside his bed. He sat on the edge of his bed and stared off towards the sky. Out of nowhere, a flash shot up from the ocean, in the direction of Parcelyte. Jeros ran into the other room, only to be met by Guy at the doorway.
“Guy!” Jeros panted. “Did you see that? Something’s wrong. I can feel it”

Guy looked at Jeros. He felt it too, but didn’t want to worry the young warrior. “Yeah, I saw it,” Guy said, just as a loud thud came from the front door. They suited their armor and swords, and went downstairs to see what was going on. “Who could that be?” Guy asked. “It’s not even daylight yet.”

They opened the door, just as Dekar came crashing inside and flying into the wall. Jeros looked at Dekar with confusing gaze. “Um, Guy, do you know this guy?” Guy looked at Dekar with astonishment. “Sadly,” Guy laughed, “this is Dekar. We met him in Bound Kingdom. He’s as strong as an ox, but about as smart as one too.”

“Hey!” Dekar yelled. “I’m smarter than an ox!” Guy laughed and went over to help him up. “So, Guy, how’s that sister of yours?” Dekar gave guy a big grin. Guy shoved Dekar back to the ground “Eighteen years and you haven’t changed a bit, huh Dekar?” Dekar smiled and jumped to his feet. “Ah, you know me man!” He laughed. “But I’m not here for that pretty sister of yours anyways; I’m here on important business!” Guy casual demeanor faded to serious. “What’s going on?” Dekar picked up a chair and sat down. “That flash of light woke me up from my room in the castle. I haven’t sensed anything like this sense I met you and Maxim.”

“Wait,” Jeros interrupted. “I thought you lived in Bound Kingdom. How did you make it here so fast?” Jeros asked, puzzled. Dekar stood with a proud look about him. “You mean Guy hasn’t told you about me! Why, I’m the fastest man alive!”

Just then another thud came at the door, this one more civilized. “This is getting ridiculous!” Guy exclaimed.”Jessy’s gonna get up and hurt me because of you all!” He went to the door and opened it. As the door opened, Artea slipped in. “Terribly cold out there tonight,” he began. “I assume you all have seen the light and sensed the danger?” Guy went and picked up the table and they all sat around it. “Well, assuming that’s what Dekar came here for, then yes, we’ve all sensed it. But what could it be? The Sinistrals are all dead.” Jeros looked around the table at the warriors. He couldn’t believe what was going on. He never thought he’d end up being in any type of real danger, but he could sense this one wasn’t going to just go away. “Well,” Artea started, “the light seemed to have come from Doom Island, or at least where it crashed into the water. I thought you all might like to go down and check it out, so I stopped by and talked to Lexis, and he had a ship for just the occasion.”

Just then, another thud came from the door. This time, a letter was slipped through from under the door. Guy ran to the door and opened it, but no one was there. He picked up the letter and read it aloud:

A new evil has come to your world. This evil was formed from the spirits of the Sinistrals and has immeasurable power. I can help you to defeat this evil, but it will not be an easy task. I have the unique ability to forge things from the spirits of fallen warriors. I know you plan to venture to Doom Island, and I also know of the young warrior’s parents. Going deep into Doom Island may be dangerous though. This evil has been residing within Doom Island since the island went under. Nothing is how it used to be. This new evil has the power to resurrect the bodies from whose spirits it’s brought forth from. These new Sinistrals will be much stronger than before, as the Creator will be feeding them his strength.
Good Luck Warriors.

No one said a word when Guy finished reading. It was all too unreal. Finally, Jeros spoke up, “So, are you guys ready to go?” He asked with enthusiasm. Artea smiled. “Ah, such readiness, no sense of fear, you remind me much of Maxim.” Jeros loved hearing this. He’d heard much of his father’s bravery, and to remind someone of his father must mean he’s heading in the right direction. “Well!” Dekar eagerly jumped from the table. “Let’s head out and save some women from this new threat!” Guy looked at Dekar and shook his head. “Never gonna change, are you Dekar? Is that all you ever think about?” Dekar looked back and flashed a smile, “Ah, Guy, you’ve got it backwards! I’m all they ever think about!” Artea let out a loud laugh, “Oh my, what an interesting trip this will be. In any case, I suppose we’re off Shaia Laboratory?” The warriors gathered their gear, and headed out to leave Tanbel.

“Oh, wait!” Guy yelled. “I have to leave Jessy a letter! She’s scarier than any Sinistral we’ll be facing anytime soon!” Everyone watched as Guy went flying back into the house. Moments later, Guy came out running as fast as he went in. “Alright guys, let’s go!”

“Now,” Artea explained, as everyone got outside of town, “we can head for Shaia Laboratory. Gather close everyone.” Everyone gathered around Artea, “WARP!”

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:30 pm

Nice! This is a pretty good chapter. This writing style is nice to read. I look forward to what happens next! :)

(You could have posted it in your first topic, of course, but never mind that. ;))

alehk
Red Jelly

Postby alehk » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Guard Daos wrote:Nice! This is a pretty good chapter. This writing style is nice to read. I look forward to what happens next! :)

Huzzah! A reason to keep going! =D

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:23 pm

Actually, it gives me inspiration to FINALLY continue my fanfic! Woohoo! *starts writing*

alehk
Red Jelly

Postby alehk » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:32 pm

Ah, glad to help! I'm almost done with Chapter 2, and oddly enough, thought up an idea for a new story, providing this one turns out well.

Although, the new one won't have anything to do with this current one.
::EDIT::
Oh, and on a side not to anyone else reading, I haven't read any fanfics, so if I happen to have something from your story in mine, please know it was not intentional, and if you'd like it removed just let me know and it will be.

Also, any suggestions for a name of the new Sinistral name would be greatly appreciated :)

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

As long as it's not "Spike", any name's fine. *grins at DarkMaster*

Seriously though, I'll see if anything hits me. ;)

alehk
Red Jelly

Postby alehk » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:04 am

Chapter 2:
An Unexpected Problem and an Unexpected Friend:

“Whoa,” Jeros stumbled around for a minute before finally catching his balance. “What a feeling,” he said. It was Jeros’s first time experience a warp. At least, the first one that he’d remembered. The group stood outside the steps leading down to Lexis’s laboratory. They proceeded down the stairs and got to the first room. “Oh man,” Guy started, “I remember this place. Ughh, all the tricks and traps!” Dekar took a quick glance around the room, “This is simple, for a genius like me!” Everyone looked at Dekar. Even Jeros, how had only met him recently, knew he wasn’t exactly a scholar. Guy laughed. “Just like you could solve the puzzle in the North Labyrinth, right Dekar?” Dekar stood and thought for a moment, then spoke up, “Guy, I don’t think I know what you’re talking about,” he smiled, “anyway, I’ll be right back with the old guy!”

Dekar went flying through the first door and immediately came back. “Whoops, wrong door!” He went back in the door, but this time came back much faster, holding Lexis over his head.

Guy looked at him with astonishment, “I can’t believe he actually made it through.” Dekar looked at Guy and smiled, “I’m not as dumb as I used to be!” Suddenly, a yell came from above Dekar, “Let go of me you buffoon!” Dekar threw down Lexis with a surprised look on his face “Whoa! Hey there old man, how’d you get up there?” A small grin formed on Artea’s face, “Not as dumb as you used to be, huh?”

Lexis stood up and got himself together after the heave from Dekar. “So, you’re ship is ready, but there’s just one small problem.” Everyone looked at him with curiosity, “What could the problem be?” Artea asked. “We can get to Doom Island now, correct?” Lexis paced around for a moment, then began, “Technically, you can, but it’s completely underwater, so while you can get to it, you can’t really go deep into the island while you’re on the ship.” They hadn’t thought of this problem before. How were they supposed to breathe underwater? “What do you propose then, Lexis?” Lexis looked at the ground for a moment then spoke up, “Well, I’ve invented a potion of sorts, that allows you to breather underwater, but making it is no easy task.”

“What do you need to make it?” Jeros stepped into the conversation, “I’m sure with the group we have here, getting whatever it takes shouldn’t be too hard.” Lexis looked at Jeros, “So, you’re Maxim’s son? I see a lot of him in you. You’re not as formal as he was, but just as ready to do whatever it takes to get things done.” Jeros smiled at this. “The problem, young one, isn’t getting what it takes. That part is done easily enough; it’s just the cost at which you have to get it.” No one quite understood what Lexis was saying, but he continued on, “It takes scales from a mermaid royal to create.” Artea heard this and interrupted, “How can we get one of those? Scales only come from fallen mermaids. We can’t just kill the queen!” Lexis nodded, “You’re right, Artea, that’s where the problem comes in. On any count, there’s nothing I can do without it. There must be an answer though, I suppose all you can do is go talk to the queen, and see if there are any other methods of obtaining the scales.”

“Well,” Dekar started, “If anyone can talk them out of their scales it’ll be me. No woman, human or fish can resist my charm!” Everyone stared at Dekar. His comments never ceased to amaze. “I don’t quite think that will work, Dekar,” Artea started, “but at this point, what do we have to lose? Off to see the mermaids then.”

The party begins southward to the port city of Treadool, where their new ship is resting. As they approach the city, a devastating event takes place. Out of the water emerges an enormous figure, geared in blue armor with red hair. “Gades!” Guy shouts. They began to run towards the town, but arrive too late to be of any help.

“Hmph,” Gades states, “even Gordovan put up a better fight than this.” Gades turns and looks at the four warriors, staring in disbelief. “This should be easy enough,” he says. “Destructo-Wave!” a bright flash of energy surges towards the group, only to be halted half way from seemingly nothing. “What!?” he says in awe, “how did that happen!?” Gades begins to look more closely at the group and recognizes them. “Who is this red headed child?” He yells.

Jeros draws his sword and steps forward. “Oh, a challenge from the little one?” Gades smirks. Jeros charges at Gades, but is easily battled back and to the ground. “Oh, come on,” he yells, “don’t make this poor boy die to me alone!”

Dekar and Guy step up beside Jeros, weapons drawn. Artea stands a few paces back, an arrow ready to be launched from his bow. At once, they all charge at Gades, hoping to catch him off guard and be too much to defend at once. Gades swiftly steps back and easily defends off all three of them with his sword. Artea fires an arrow towards Gades head, but he smoothly blocks it away with his sword, while still fighting with Guy, Dekar, and Jeros.

“Ughh,” Guy pants, “how did he get so strong?” A moment passed and a flash came and knocked Artea to the ground. “The letter,” Jeros said. “Don’t you remember? The new Sinistral is feeding him power!” Guy looked at Jeros, then turned and charged at Gades. Moments later Guy comes flying back and crashes to the ground. “Guys,” Jeros starts, “this isn’t going to work. We need a better plan of attack.”

“Ha! Pitiful humans! I’m going to destroy this place like I should have eighteen years ago!” Gades yelled, as he swings his sword to Dekar, who luckily dodges the swipe.

The warriors stepped back from Gades panting. He didn’t even seem to realize he was being attacked. “He’s got to have a weakness,” Artea stated. Jeros looked over to Artea, “You’d think so, but what could it be?” Just then, a loud crack came from the sky, and a strike of black lightning came crashing down, striking Gades. The warriors watch in awe as Gades’s armor cracks and falls to the ground. “What was that?” They exclaimed in unison. Gades stumbled back and crashed to the ground with a thud. A slight sign of fear and anger began to appear on his face.
Everyone looked around frantically. Where could this have come from?

A hooded figure walked from behind the rubble of the old inn. She raised her hand as sparks of electricity began to form. The look of fear grew on Gades’s face, “Who.. Who are you?” he stammered. The figure walked closer to Gades, its magical energy surging for all around to feel. The figure took another step towards Gades, and shot the energy wave at him, sending him flying deep back into the Ocean.

The warriors hadn’t moved since the lightning strike. No one knew what to do, or what to say. Finally, Jeros spoke up, “Who are you?” he asked. The figure turned toward Jeros and the others, and lowered its hood. Guy and Dekar stared in shock.

Guy finally mustered up the energy to speak, “Tia,” he paused, “where did you learn that?”

alehk
Red Jelly

Postby alehk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:08 am

Chapter 3:
Enemies and Allie – Old and New:

Tia walked over to the group, who were still in shock. “Good to see you two again,” she smiled at Guy and Dekar. Everyone was still in amazement at the devastation she put out, in such a short amount of time. “You’ve changed,” Guy said. “Where did you learn to do magic like that?” Tia hesitated for a moment, then began, “Well, Guy, do you remember the woman that was always following Maxim?” Guy thought for a moment, “Iris?” Tia nodded. “Yes, that’s her. About a month after Doom Island crashed into the sea, she came to my shop. She explained to me a Sinistral revival was coming, and the world would need heroes. I tried to talk her out of it, but she was stern. I finally agreed, and she began to train me.” Dekar stepped in, “Well, with your new magic abilities, and my amazing strength, no Sinistral can handle us!” Tia sighed, “If only it was that easy, Dekar. You see, as long as Discre is still alive, then he can keep sending Sinistrals for us to fend off.”

Just then, a robed man caught Jeros’s eye. “Who’s there?” He asks as he turns and draws his sword. The robed man looked at Jeros, and he was instantly paralyzed. “Please, I don’t want any trouble,” he said. Tia turned and raised her staff, pointing towards the man. With another glance, he paralyzed her. “Please,” he repeated, “I don’t want any trouble.”
The man released his hold on Jeros and Tia. Jeros collapsed from under the pressure of his paralysis. “I’m only here to help. You’ll need much training, and much better equipment to be able to defeat Discre,” The man stated. Just then, Guy spoke up, “Where you the one of left us the letter?” The robed man applied pressure to his staff; he seemed to be able to barely hold himself up. “Yes, that was me.” Jeros sat up from the ground, “So, how are we supposed to get these things?” The old man smirked, “Well, young one, I believe that’s one thing you’ll have to find out for yourself.”

Just then, another person moved into sight, “Oh, Arek. Why won’t you just tell them what they have to do?” Arek turned and looked, “Iris! What are you doing here? Still meddling in the affairs of humans I see.” Iris smiled at Arek, “Now, Arek, you know we’re just as human as they are now.” Arek looked at her with frustration, “Lies! We’re still superior beings!”

The argument of superiority continued for what seemed to be hours. Finally, Iris ended it. “Arek, did you see what this lady did to Gades? She’s just a human and has powers comparable to ours. This is our world now. We have to help save it.” Arek sat and thought for a moment. He knew what needed to be done, but the full backing of these humans wasn’t what he had expected. “Well,” he started, “I have an idea.” Iris looked at him, “Let’s hear it.” Arek paced around for a moment, and then began, “I can revive Gades, Amon, and Daos. With them revived, it will force them to human, like us, but they will still be filled with their old power. Also, this will prevent Discre from sending more and more of them after us. There is though, one major setback to this.” Iris looked in confusion, “What is it?” Arek looked at the ground then back at Iris, “It will take all my remaining energy to revive them. The sword Jeros needs forged will never be completed.”

*“Jeros, you don’t need a sword forged from our spirits. Our spirits and our energy are already within you. Another threat is soon coming, and you will need the help from these new allies.”*

Just then, Jeros stepped forward. “Another Sinistral is coming soon.” Arek looked at Jeros with shock, “What makes you say that, young warrior?” Jeros hesitated for a moment, then spoke up, “My father told me. I felt him talking with me. He say’s we will need the help of new allies.”

Iris looked deeply at Jeros, “Just like his father,” she continued, “Arek, he’s speaking the truth. You must revive the Sinistrals.” Arek sat and thought about what had to be done. He knew this was the only way to save this world. His world. “Okay,” he finally spoke up, “I’ll do it.”

Arek walked over to the center of the town, and raised his hands to the sky. An energy wave went flying from each hand up to the Heavens. Moments later, three waves came crashing back down. Smoked filled the area. As the smoke cleared, three figures stood in the area where Arek once had been. The figures came into clear view, and there stood Gades, Amon, and Daos. No one said a word, as the heroes stared at their past enemies. Finally, Dekar spoke up, “So guys, what’s the plan?” Just then, everyone looked for Jeros. Jeros looked back in shock and fear, “I’m deciding?” He nervously asked. Iris walked over to him, “Young warrior. You are much like your father, and you will free this world from evil, just as your father did.

*“Jeros, take a group to the ancient cave. The second evil is now surfacing”*

Jeros looked at everyone nervously. He wasn’t ready to lead all these warriors, who knew so much more than he did, but he knew he had to. “Okay,” he finally started, “we’re splitting up into two groups. One is going to the ancient cave. The other, begin to search on our weapons and armors for defeating Discre.” Everyone looked at Jeros as he seemingly took charge like it was nothing new to him. Maxim was surely present in this young warrior.

Dekar was the first to speak up, “I’ll help fight!” Tia spoke up next, “As will I.” Amon spoke up next, “I, too will help fight.” Jeros looked at the group around him, “Okay,” he began, “Dekar, Tia, Amon, and I will head for the ancient cave. The rest of you, begin research on our weapons and armors.”

Iris walked over to the remaining four warriors. “Come with me, I’ll show you where we must start.” Guy, Artea, Daos, and Gades all surrounded Iris, and suddenly warped away.

“So,” Amon began, “this new evil, do we know anything of it?” Jeros shook his head, “I only know where it’s coming from.”

Just then, an explosion came from inside the ancient cave. “Agh!” the guard moaned as he flew from the entrance to the wall. “What was that?” A man then emerged from the door. He was suited in full black armor, which seemed weightless on his and he glided effortlessly to the guard. He was holding two swords, one in each hand. They were long and slender, with a black hilt and a red blade. He smiled at the guard, “It was nothing,” he said and then, with a quick slash from each sword, sliced straight through the guard’s armor. The other guards stared in awe. In what seemed to be less than a second, the man quickly moved to them, and with two more slashes, dropped them to the ground. The owner hid behind his desk crying, “P...P...Please don’t kill me,” he stammered. The armored man smiled again, “Okay,” he said, “I’ll let you live to see me destroy this world.” The owner stared at him blankly, “Destroy this world? Who…Who are you?” he asked. The man stared at the owner, “If you must know, my name is Dromni.” The owner, still with his blank stare, spoke once again, “What are you?” Dromni, with growing impatience, pointed a sword at the owner. “A God,” he said, as he laughed and walked out of the ancient cave.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:02 am

You know how to raise the tension. Good job! :)
The Sinistrals fighting alongside the heroes is an interesting idea. I look forward to seeing how this works out!

alehk
Red Jelly

Postby alehk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:39 pm

=)
My internet went out yesterday haha, so I got to rush into chapter 3.
i've got a 3 hour break on campus today, so I'll start working on chapter 4 =)

Return to “Lufia Fan Works”