Japan interview

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Japan interview

Postby SinReVi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:27 pm

http://japan.gamespot.com/topics/story/ ... 802,00.htm

I can't read it but there are screenshots of the Sinistrals and the Eggdragon.
Last edited by SinReVi on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:09 pm

I dont see any screenshots, except one of Dekar and Idura :/

[edit]

nvm, found them. Holy brown stuff they look.... well... I cant say what they look like. Gades looks deliciously pure evil, but the bluehaired one... Amon? He looks a bit girly to me :/. And IF that last guy is Daos he looks nothing like I expected him to look O_o

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:58 pm

IMO

Gades - Is just Gades =P
Amon - Looks like Amon, but black clothes instead of gold
Erim - Iris, but half naked
Daos - Uh... Makes me think of Daos , while transforming into Guard Daos.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:36 pm

SinReVi wrote:IMO
Erim - Iris, but half naked

I thought the same thing. The rest of 'em look like they merged with some sort of ugly demons...
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:29 pm

Amon looks gay. I don't mean his design is bad, no I mean he looks gay. As in, Kuja from FF9 gay.

Lord I hope he doesnt wear a thong...

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:00 am

I'll say it here as well; I was hoping Erim would keep her blue hair. There goes the "Tia's hair color was changed to keep a neutral association with Erim/Lufia/Seena."

But no, instead she looks exactly like Iris did, except with less clothing. She doesn't look like a fearsome Goddess of Death, she looks like Iris: Showgirl Edition.

Volt wrote:Amon looks gay. I don't mean his design is bad, no I mean he looks gay. As in, Kuja from FF9 gay.

I take offense to this. You mean "effeminate", not "gay". Are you trying to say all gay men like dressing like girls?
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:41 am

vivify93 wrote:She doesn't look like a fearsome Goddess of Death, she looks like Iris: Showgirl Edition.

Is it sad that this caused the mental image of Erim in a bunnygirl outfit, because the other Sinistrals got bored waiting for Maxim to finish up all the sidequests and asked her to put on a show? I don't even ask with my messed up imagination anymore.

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:01 am

I take offense to this. You mean "effeminate", not "gay". Are you trying to say all gay men like dressing like girls?

Please dont bitch about this ok? You know what I meant. I can't be bothered to go into even more detail than what I wrote. The message got through.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:34 pm

teefa85 wrote:
vivify93 wrote:She doesn't look like a fearsome Goddess of Death, she looks like Iris: Showgirl Edition.

Is it sad that this caused the mental image of Erim in a bunnygirl outfit, because the other Sinistrals got bored waiting for Maxim to finish up all the sidequests and asked her to put on a show? I don't even ask with my messed up imagination anymore.

(from pixiv.net)

~ OUT NOW! 2010

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:48 pm

I don't know whether the fact that someone else had a similar idea is scary or not... :shock:

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:52 pm

Whoa. Now that is what I call a scary coincidence.
Amon has a rather foolish look, Gades is very well done. As for Daos, he's pretty good, but I think he lost his 'regal' appearance. A bit too freaky.
I think Erim isn't so bad. I agree about the hair, but I think she still gives off the 'Mistress of Death' feeling. I think she's done pretty well.
...And I'm not saying that just because I like half-naked women.

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Saddest part was I just made that up on a whim upon hearing that comment, and haven't yet checked pixiv for Lufia DS art as I was waiting till the game was out for a bit first...

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:39 am

From what I could gather via Google Translate (ugh) it seems as if Tia is the "guardian of orphans" a foster mother? And from what it said it seemed like Tia is either Maxim's sister (ew), or they met at the orphanage and he helped her or something....it's hard to tell...

Also, it looks like there's not gonna be Capsule Monsters T_T I wanna see Foomy man!

Also, I'm fairly pleased with the outcome of the Sinistrals. Gades seems to never change. Has anyone else thought it odd that Maxim, Hero, and Wain, and Gades ALL have red hair? Kinda riding the Erim train here...but still....

I'm actually pretty stoked about Amon. I always pictured him as the bard, kinda flamboyant and frivolous compared to the others...more gleeful, in a "tee hee I get to rip off you head" type of way.

Erim makes me sad... it doesn't even make sense really.... I mean there was a distinct connection between Lufia and Erim I love Iris.. but it dissapoints me that Erim is not as sinister or as condescending as I sorta pictured her...she's more like some kinda big sister to the others.

Daos is a lot more mysterious than I though....I mean, sure he's the head honcho (apart from Arek...who is seriously starting to bug me due to his lack of participation, as it were lol) but I always some as more cocky looking. More like that "I'm the destroyer of worlds and you will bow down to me!" The way he looks in the new one is much more Sephiroth like....stupid Square Enix.... Although I do like the Drow resemblance. white hair and black skin.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:44 am

According to google translate, both Maxim and Tia are orphans and Lexis became their new father.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:31 am

The way he looks in the new one is much more Sephiroth like....stupid Square Enix

thank god I'm not the only one who thought so.

but it dissapoints me that Erim is not as sinister or as condescending as I sorta pictured he

Her design is radically different from what I had imagined, however I do like her facial design. She looks sad, burdened. Which she should be, she's the fricking Mistress of Death, and death is in her nature, even though we all know that Erim, as iris, tried to save lives.

both Maxim and Tia are orphans and Lexis became their new father.

And the award for "biggest brown stuff backstory in a remake" goes to.....

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”