The Most Important Sinistral

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

trevorlawrence
Red Jelly

The Most Important Sinistral

Postby trevorlawrence » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:23 pm

Hi All,

I'd say Erim, because she's probably the most important Sinistral of the story. And... she's probably the least arrogant. Only I'd like to have seen more dialogues from her. She only speaks a few sentences in Lufia II in her true form, and in Lufia I she only speaks as Lufia, who doesn't know whether to be evil or good, so that's not really Erim now, is it? As for Lufia III, I haven't met her yet. Anyway, what about you guys?
Last edited by trevorlawrence on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

apocalis20
Villager

Postby apocalis20 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:10 pm

It's Erim for me as well. After all, as long as she's alive, the Sinistrals can be resurrected. Also, she's the only Sinistral who doesn't want to exist anymore; remember The Legend Returns? Erim, as Seena, doesn't want to live anymore. She also always has a relationship with the Hero in both The Fortress of Doom and The Legend Returns, so she always has a great part in the storyline.
Because holding a floating crystal ball is awesome.
-----

B-but I kill red jellies o.o....

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:30 pm

Daos. Because I never considered Erim a Sinistral. I mean, lets look at who erim is.

Erim is the Mistress of Death, and because of her, all the sinistrals constantly revive after she does. I think she (or her energy) revives because death is a part of nature. Where Chaos/Destruction/Terror are mainly brought on by human actions, Death is just a force of nature. That is one reason to seperate her from the others.

Second, well.... erim simply isnt evil. Every game shows it. Lufia 1? When lufia realises she is erim incarnated? She has a choice to do good or evil, she choses good. Lufia 2? Come on, it's just blatantly OBVIOUS she is not evil. She could have slain maxim straight off the bat in the sundletan cave no less. She doesnt. She is never tempted. Its also a tiny bit implied she has feelings for maxim (romantic or of respect/friendship). I think this doesnt prove that she is good, but it does show that, unlike the other 3 sinistrals, she doesnt wish to do evil per sé.

Third... Dhaos states that "Arek is the one who stands above me and the others". So what does that make of Erim, since she actually takes and follows orders directly from Arek himself. In rank, I'd say this puts her between arek and dhaos. Arek himself isnt a Sinistral (he's the Absolute God). But seeing as Erim works directly under him.... you get the idea.

Fourth and last; she has reincarnated in human form at least once (without wanting it consciously), and once either reincarnated as human, or as upper being and decided to go through life AS a human. And I don't buy that whole "oh I didnt want to be an evil sinistral" bullsheet speech in TLR for even a moment. That game had some horrid script and I completely discard it.

Superdreuzel
Knight

Postby Superdreuzel » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:26 pm

Idura...
Image]

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:13 am

interestingly enough, Idura nearly managed to take out Dekar by himself (those monsters dont count, dekar would have slaughtered them easily with his blastmaster). Yet it took the combined might of the 4 sinistrals to kill just Selan.

Funny really.

heronfisher
Red Jelly

Postby heronfisher » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:46 am

A gaming site dedicated to bringing you in-depth coverage on the Lufia RPG series, and on several other classic video games. The Lufia games are all fantastic, with captivating storylines, deep characters, and well-developed dungeons. Four games long, the series will offer players some of the best moments in video gaming. And when you think it's all over, the famous Ancient Cave will provide you with extra challenges for a long time to come!

Brown-Acid
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Brown-Acid » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:32 pm

^
all lufia games had well developed dungeons?...... for a bot u could at least try and make a believable case
give me a moment so i can think up a good idea

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:17 am

First, make a translation patch to Estpolis DS. Because Lufia II... I mean now Estpolis: The Lands Cursed by the Gods is the only game with continuity that matters I can't tell you if Erim is the most important sinistral or not anymore. Besides, Lufia TLR will get a remake before Lufia I.

Now if you say Erim's form of Iris, then we're getting somewhere.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:49 pm

if Land cursed by the Gods will be taken as a serious retcon and be taken as canon, I will be mad.

The reason I liked Lufia 2 was mostly because of the ending. It was sad, but beautiful, and heroic. That "hidden" ending in L2? Bull. Whats with games NEEDING happy crappy endings now anyway. sh*t....

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”