Super Mario Bros.

General gaming discussions. However, discussions about Lufia, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, and Zelda should be posted in the dedicated forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Super Mario Bros.

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:39 pm

ah the memories... i was pretty much born when this game came out, so by the time i was able to actually play the game the SNES was on the horizon. with it came Super Mario World, by that time the TV show aired and shortly after it became clear that i would be a Mario and Luigi fan for all eternity.

i've played nearly all of them, and enjoyed them as well, Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Wii being the most recent.

so, i guess this is a appreciation topic for those plumbers that started it all... (well, gave it a BIG push anyway)
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:58 pm

Have you tried out the Wario series. Its actually a pretty sweet spin off.

Did you know that Mario Bros. was a spin off of the original Donkey Kong arcade game?
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:05 am

yes, i played most of the Wario Land games, including Wario Land Shake It! they are fun games.

yes, i pretty much know all about Mario and them. lol

glenntamis
Red Jelly

Postby glenntamis » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:16 am

New Super Mario Bros. Wii, released this week for Wii, is largely patterned after New Super Mario Bros., an excellent 2006 title for Nintendo DS that brought the videogame company’s longtime mascot back to his roots. These games feature 3-D graphics and 2-D gameplay, creating a world that’s less visually interesting than the best hand-drawn games Nintendo produced, but also much more malleable: The camera can zoom in and out; the level can transform dramatically as you play.

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:57 pm

^^^seems shamefully copied from another website.

I always loved the mario games. Super Mario Bros 1, I finished when I was around 6 years or so. Still a proud moment how I managed to solve the final castles pattern/puzzle :P. Mario Bros 2 was kickass. I still enjoy playing it to this day. The whole "lets smash one enemy into another" amuses me. And SMB3? WHOOOA damn that game was new and fantastic. Love it. Got it from my parents when it just came out, for 120 guilders no less.

Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, etc... I loved those too. Never got into mario cart though, I hated those. But for years I never really got into mario games (since the SNES was the last nintendo product I bought).

However, a while ago I was looking for a birthday gift for my friend, and first I was going to buy her Harves Moon for the Wii. But then I saw, brandnew, New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii. No doubt in my mind, I bought it. And hell that game is FUN in multiplayer! And there's so much references to the previous mario games, I think it's a musthave for all mario fans.

But yeah, I like the mario platformers. And Donkey Kong. And Wario Land 1 and 2. And Bomberman + Wario. Etc etc.

WaLuigi can go to hell though.

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed May 05, 2010 1:31 am

hell yeah New Mario Bros. Wii was the ****! i played the crap outa that game till i got every coin and secret, and man the game had some hard parts as well, like in World 9. and the return of the Koopa Kids was just epic, and all the references just shot a world of nostalgia through me. truly a must have for the Wii.

overall i'd give the game a near perfect 10.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:20 am

One game I will probably get two years after it was released. Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I heard great things about it. Wouldn't mind seeing it for myself.

Also, I need to get back to The New Super Mario World 3: The Lost Levels.... I mean New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Wed May 05, 2010 8:55 pm

I played and completed the entire New Super Mario Bros Wii game, 100%.

I hate that game now. You collect every-f*cking-coin and warpzone and secret level etc etc, and all you get is a "CONGRATULATIONS!!" screen.

Whatever happened to those amazing credits where you'd see all the enemies being "introduced" and flying by?

Also, this game didn't have enough Yoshi in it. Really, what the hell? If you'd get Yoshi, he would be ditched at the end of the level too *RAGE*.

Super Mario Bros Wii is a nice game, great for nostalgia, but overall I found it to be both too easy, and after playing it entirely, unsatisfying. Can't help it.

Joneswilliamsc
Red Jelly

Postby Joneswilliamsc » Tue May 25, 2010 10:41 am

As I am really very glad after knowing that it will released. I like super Mario game too much. I always playing it three to four hour in a day. I like mario in it too much. Up till now I have played a lots of mario game. I am generally playing it online as well as on on my video card also.

markygreen
Red Jelly

great!

Postby markygreen » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:15 pm

Thanks for the news. this games never gets old.. I used to play this before about 4 -5 hours a day. even now, even I have busy days, my week is never complete f I cant play this game.

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:32 pm

@DarkMaster; that game is fun and good, and has some good laughs and nostalgia. i think its the best of the series, i mean playing as Bowser and punching the crap out of your enemies never gets old. XD

@Volt; lol i hear ya, once i got everything it tells me "You completed every thing to do in this game!" or something like that, and i was huh, thats it? the only thing they did was make all the Toad houses unlimited, and by that time you dont need them. >_< and agreed about Yoshi... i was hoping to bring him from level to level like Super Mario World.

now i recently bought Super Mario Galaxy 2 and man that game is good, i seem to love the Galaxy series i dont want to spoil much but there is more nostalgia in there. (i love the upgraded "Bowser's Road" theme!)

alexrock23
Red Jelly

Postby alexrock23 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:33 am

This game rocks! the multiplayer is fun.There is Super Mario All Stars for SNES which has SMB for nes with 16 bit graphics and save files,after a game over you stars out at the beginning of the world you died on.

Volt
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Volt » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:13 pm

yeah but this is New Super Mario Bros for the Wii.... not All-stars for the snes.

Though I wouldnt be surprised if that one is re-released too to keep the copyright on old games active...

Return to “General Gaming”