The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Discuss anything related to the Zelda games.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ReynardFox
Soldier

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Postby ReynardFox » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:40 am

E3 2010 is upon us, and you know what that means! Flurries of news back and forth about new games, new accessories, new hardware, and a whole lot of corporate jockeying to one-up the competition. Most of the time, this works out great for us gamer geeks, because there's a whoooole lot of shiny stuff to look at. It's the law of averages, in practise! Out of all that stuff, something's bound to be good.

Up at the top of the list of "shiny stuff" is the newest title in the long-respected Legend of Zelda franchise for the Wii: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. The link provides Nintendo's official debut trailer.

Thus far, the title is looking very promising. Controls appear to be motion-based, falling back on the Wii standard of the remote and nunchuck duo, though it seems like it may be a bit more involved than Twilight Princess' tacked-on control scheme. The art style is simply gorgeous, and according to Miyamoto, inspired by French Impressionism. It's a seamless blend of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, two fan favourites that both had unique and very attractive art styles.

I personally can't wait to see more footage and details as they release more.

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:35 pm

i'm looking forward for this game, to bad i have to wait till next year though. :(
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:18 pm

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it! Apparently they were going to introduce a new control scheme. I wonder what they'll make of it. :)

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:21 pm

Combine all the Wii Sports Resort controls, add an analog stick to move, throw in the blame on wireless frequency and you have yourself a choppy demo on stage. Floor reports shows the game smoothly so they're working on it.

I won't expect this game to be released US until Christmas 2011 (release date is TBA on a Zelda game, don't expect it to be released in less than 14 months), but so far seeing how it works without sensor bar assist is impressive by itself.

Another problem is I have to move, and I can't take the Wii with me (which is my brothers). So I have to get a new Wii. I can wait for a new Zelda game on the Wii because I have to.

Also Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney on WiiWare is the stuff, Hostess. $10 for a GBA/DS classic is a deal with itself.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:26 pm

It's already a classic? Wow, time flies. No sense in buying it if you have the real game, I suppose.
So yeah, Zelda will take a while to release. We'll just sit back and wait for it patiently.

Return to “Zelda”