Interview from E3

Comment on Lufia World's news and updates.

Moderators: Chris, Moderator Team

News System
Knight

Interview from E3

Postby News System » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:55 am

Found an video of an interview with somebody of Natsume.
<br><br>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IN4JSVz0F2Q&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IN4JSVz0F2Q&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
<br><br>
Automated news system.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Huh? "Uomu?" "Uo Rumu?" "Uo Rood?" Whatever happened to "Droplet," "Vortex," and "Flood," Natsume? The Japanese names aren't very child-friendly, you know.

Also, I was kinda hoping they'd mention character names in this... How much longer am I gonna have to wait for an official pronunciation of Selan's name!?
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:51 pm

Yeah, the spells are a little weird... but maybe that'll change. The text doesn't appear to be completely finished in this version. Look at 1:08 to 1:12. They have a question mark instead of a colon. Maybe they hadn't translated the spells either?

Also, the interviewer's voice annoys me. But maybe it's just because he sounds so American. ;P

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:04 am

The spell names being kept in the crazy non-words from the Japanese would be a bit annoying, but if this isn't just a "let's get some dialogue up there for the demo and fix things later" and they don't change them I'll be able to live.
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

Rezic
Knight

Postby Rezic » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:32 am

lol wow, "I see a gun, I'm pretty sure that's uh... that's a weapon."

This is solid stuff here, guys!
<a href="http://www.lufiaworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1386368">Advent Shadows RP</a>

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:44 am

teefa85 wrote:The spell names being kept in the crazy non-words from the Japanese would be a bit annoying, but if this isn't just a "let's get some dialogue up there for the demo and fix things later" and they don't change them I'll be able to live.

I feel the opposite, heh. I hope this demo is a "let's get some dialogue up there for the demo and fix things later" thing. I'd much prefer to see them as Droplet, Vortex and Flood than Uomu, Uo Rood and Uorumu. Especially like that--at least make them Wo-Mu, Wo-Rood and Wo-Room.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:07 am

Sorry if I didn't make my point clear. What I meant by that was that I would prefer the spells to be their original, English names because that's what I'm used to and I don't have to think about the names of spells, but if by some annoying chance those are the final names then I'd just deal with it.

I did play the original Estpolis in Japanese for kicks back in 08 (it was "retro game in Japanese" year for me...I was bored) and remember the only thing that got me through the spells was memorizing which one was the best lighting elemental that Lufia had access to at the moment...

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:25 pm

I hope it's released in September, the end of third quarter. Hopefully Natsume will listen to feedback and tweak the translation a little.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:02 pm

vivify93 wrote:Also, I was kinda hoping they'd mention character names in this... How much longer am I gonna have to wait for an official pronunciation of Selan's name!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGtt9TUN-t8
He says the names in this video, I guess this is the closest to official pronunciations right now, until the game itself comes out.
(IMO I still think there shouldn't be an "A" sound in the "tea" in Artea because of how his name is written in Japanese. I don't think his name was pronounced in the Japanese game and he doesn't appear in any of the drama tracks) Anyway, since he said Artea with the A sound, I hope that means his name will be spelled Artea and not Arty. (or it could be worse, and use the spelling Artia from the ending in Lufia TLR)
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:14 pm

Since we're getting "Selan" and "Dekar" back, I'd assume all the named characters in the SNES translations will have their SNES names.

So, apparently, it's...
MACKS-ihm
SEHL-ehn
DECK-ahr
ahr-TEE-uh

...I'm sticking with "ahr-TAHY-uh", personally.

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:48 pm

That's mostly how I used to pronounce the names when I was a kid (as back then the only way to find out a pronunciation officially was to hear the developers say it themselves or sometimes base it off the Katakana, which I didn't know how to read back then). Though I did pronounce Selan as "Say-Lahn" instead.

Return to “Lufia World - News and Updates”