Lufia I & III Patches (Lufia III Text Cleanup - v1.5, Lufia I Restored - v2.1)

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:28 pm

latest release is out. can be found on the first page.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Turnip
Red Jelly

Postby Turnip » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:57 am

Is it ok to report bugs here? It seems there's some sort of problem with G. Knights or L. Shamans, or both. I'm not sure which it is, but the game keeps crashing in the Al Cave whenever I try to enter a battle against them.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:20 am

Al Cave? Huh? I'm not sure what that is. Can you send me a save state or a save game near that?

To be honest, I'm just now testing the entire game myself.

I attempted to look up this "Al Cave" in a few FAQs, but all I found was a "Mistral Cave."

Oh, and yes, by all means--please, report bugs here! Everyone and anyone.

EDIT: oh, and what version of the ROM are you using? I know there's both a US and an EU version floating out there.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Turnip
Red Jelly

Postby Turnip » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:02 am

Al Cave is the island in the center of the map you go to near the end of the game so you can build a submarine. They may call it something else in the storyline, but the dungeon map lists it as Al Cave.

It's definitely the US version of the game running on VisualBoyAdvance 1.7.2, and here's a save state. Just run into the yellow guy.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:04 am

EDIT: I didn't know what the Rainbow did, whoops. Anyway, I found out what was wrong--the G. Knight (renamed GoblinFghtr) had too many letters in his name. The limit for enemy names in Lufia: The Legend Returns is ten, and the GoblinFghtr had eleven in his name.

Well, now we know that expanding the enemy names leads to very, very bad things. I just need to touch up my documentation and "v0.11 EMERGENCY FIX" should be up soon.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:39 am

Apologies for the double post.

Docs updated and new patch released!

As always, you'll want to apply this to a fresh ROM.

Turnip
Red Jelly

Postby Turnip » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:49 pm

"Vertical attack" appears in a lot of IP skill descriptions, but it should be "Normal attack" or something like that. Is there anything you can do?

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:36 am

Yeah, I can, actually. If you notice, I changed the "noc."/"nocturnal"/"noctrunal"/"night creature" text to "shadow" or "dark". I dunno if that's in the readme, though.

Ah, and you were able to fight the GoblnFghtr just fine, right?

Turnip
Red Jelly

Postby Turnip » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:46 pm

Yes. I'm gonna try and do an Ancient Cave run to see if I can find any other glitched enemies and also a Custom 65 for Yurist and Iris Shield for Ruby and a Sky Sword for Dei at some point in the future.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:46 am

0.12 is out! This one features "nocturnal" being changed to "shadow" and "vertical" becoming "regular," as well as some more fixes!

Stupid stuff like "GoblnFghtr" are gone now, too! In that particular example's place is "Gob Knight."

I hope you enjoy!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A9TEPS6Y

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:08 am

I was able to change the enemy attack names and found a bunch of what appear to be capsule monster attack names. I'll release the next patch when I think it's ready.

I also poked around the Lufia: The Ruins of Lore ROM and the entire thing is in plain ol' Jane ASCII. No dictionary stuff like in the previous three games or anything.

I was able to change some spell and item names in that game, so I did so! No more Heal Plus or Wake-up Call--welcome back Stronger and Awake, everyone.

There's a ton of inconsistent skill names as well, but I don't think anyone would mind as much if I left those as Atlus translated them. There is one thing I couldn't do, and that's change the "Blue Tea" back to Green Tea. The reason behind that is because it's mentioned so much in the dialogue, and I'm a little afraid to try expanding it even by one character.

It's a really small patch compared to this effort, so I'll release it when I'm done playing The Legend Returns.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:07 pm

How about changing Astark back into Ustark and Bertie back to Berty? (in RoL)
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:31 am

Already done, thanks for telling me about those.

I think I also manged to successfully change the Blue Tea as well as the Cinder, Squall and Frost Rings. I'll still need to play through, and that's not very high-prority at the moment.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:44 am

v0.13 is out! It can be found on the first page, as well as here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZDRBU4SQ

I finally beat the game for the first time, yay! I apologize for some of the changes that created inconsistencies, like Fang Demon, Guardaos and Croque. Those are all back to normal (Big Mouth, Guard Daos, Croquette)!

Another few examples of good changes:
-Daos Shrine > Doom Fortress
-Great Wood > MagnifiWood
-Lots of changed menu descriptions (spells, equipment etc.)
-Enemy attack names and battle dialogue
-The Mirror-removing ally spell "Eerie Light" > Shatter (Erim's version of this, "Mystic Light", was changed to Eerie Light)

This will be the last release--unless more bugs are found or I get a .TBL file created, of course.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia: TLR Text Cleanup (v0.13a ALPHA FINAL released!)

Postby vivify93 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:37 am

A very minor tweak has been done. The helmet "Cachusha" has been changed back to its proper name, "Katyusha." Also, the dress "TightDress" has been reverted to its originally localized name of "Cute Dress." The second change was done to better differentiate the "TightDress" and the "LightDress."

The latest download, version 0.13a, can be found here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IE6JF7OU

Please enjoy, and as always, report any bugs to me here at the forum via this topic or a private message.

Oh, and dunno if I ever mentioned this before, but you probably can't apply this to an already-patched ROM. You need a clean one for every update, though this should be the last for a few months.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”