Snes music vs DS music

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Vote please =P

The original snes music is better!
11%
The new DS music is better!
44%
I like them equally!
33%
Pfft who cares, I like Lufia TLR or/and Rol's music better than Lufia I and II's music!
11%

Total votes: 9

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Snes music vs DS music

Postby SinReVi » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:15 pm

So, Lufia DS uses music from the first two games. Just seeing what people like better =P
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:30 am

Lol. The fourth option is wacky.
Erm... I guess I'll have to wait to play the game first. Unlike someone I know, I don't have to wait for someone to bring me the game...

Superdreuzel
Knight

Postby Superdreuzel » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:33 pm

The Snes Music of course. Nothing can win from the original snes music!
*bows*
Image]

ReynardFox
Soldier

Postby ReynardFox » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:38 am

The original SNES score will always have a place for being new and shiny when I first played it, but I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the new DS score. They stayed very faithful to the original, and only seemed to update the notation arrangements where it would benefit the piece and sound good overall.

And the orchestrated, arranged versions are freaking fantastic. I just can't get enough of them, even if the trumpet has a little too much treble in some scores. They have full sections of French horns in some of those, which makes me unreasonably happy, since I used to play one. Plus, well, they all sound awesome. <3

Sinistral_89
Villager

Postby Sinistral_89 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:52 pm

ReynardFox wrote:The original SNES score will always have a place for being new and shiny when I first played it, but I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the new DS score. They stayed very faithful to the original, and only seemed to update the notation arrangements where it would benefit the piece and sound good overall.

QFT! I agree to the utmost. : D

I think the DS-soundtrack is the refined version of the SNES-counterpart. The arragements of the boss themes really improved the epicness of the battles. Fighting Gades in Parcelyte was such a intense moment with the boss remix. The electric organ in the remix (?, correct me if am wrong, I'm not a big expert on music ._.) was so unexpected for me, but great! The same goes for Last Duel-remix...truly wonderful. The addition of FoD-tracks is also a nice bonus.

Sorry RotS >.< but it's the remake for me. : D

Millia Star
Red Jelly

Postby Millia Star » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:10 pm

I like them both, really. Some music I like original better, but at the same time... I think some of the remake music "completed" some of the original songs you know? :P (Millia makes no sense whatsoever.)

I can't wait til it comes out to Europe. :D
*~*Wish upon a star...*~*

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:51 pm

I think almost everything that's from Lufia I sounds better than their snes versions =P I think I only prefer the original snes version of the boss battle theme. (Too bad GD isn't in this game, or else we would have all snes battle themes in Lufia DS)

Overall, I think the DS versions does have better quality instruments, but there are still a few snes versions I like just a little bit better =P

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Millia Star
Red Jelly

Postby Millia Star » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:53 pm

/nod /nod. :D
*~*Wish upon a star...*~*

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:54 pm

I'm thinking from what I heard on the promotion site there's a big difference for music quality. Sure, the DS by itself has more audio channels, but it still plays via chip-tunes. As for the SNES it sounds more original, but it is still chip-tunes.

Then again, I haven't heard the music from the DS speakers yet, nor the DSi speakers. With headphones the DS music might slightly more detailed than the SNES music. Still I keep wondering what these tracks will sound like in CD quality.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

TheBradshaw
Soldier

Postby TheBradshaw » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:05 pm

Hey I think the Lufia music was the most creative in the final two games. TLR and ROL lol. Sorry those are my favorites.

Lufia 2's music was amazing but with TLR and ROL combined... I need to chose that option.
Lufia IV Development @ http://lufia4.wordpress.com

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”