Time for some Lufia-confessions!

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Drake
Red Jelly

Postby Drake » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:31 am

EDIT from just above: Now I've completed Lufia 1. Just five minutes ago.
This merits a double post. I'm sorry.

-tearful ending-
Why are the Sinistrals always stupidly easy when you get to the end anyway? I had so much trouble with the last boss until I found out that trick you could do with Mirror.

Brown-Acid
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Brown-Acid » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:36 am

^ its the madness spell that sucks
give me a moment so i can think up a good idea

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:33 pm

I have a new confession!

I got my friend's little brothers really excited for Lufia DS. So much so that all I need to do is drop a date and they know automatically what I'm talking about.

Example.
Boys: [Talking with their dad, pauses to take breath]
Me: October 19th!
Boy 1: That's when it's coming out!?
Boy 2: Yaaaay!
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

drcossack
Villager

Postby drcossack » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:24 pm

I also first started with Lufia II. I remember FoD being a prize on Legends of the Hidden Temple (I think), but, for some reason, I never bought it.

Ancient Cave: Couldn't/didn't beat this for like 9 years. I had reached the bottom before that (going through all 99 floors without save states takes FOREVER. I've since cut the time down by ignoring chests & not fighting once I get to the floors with Colored Dragons & Genies), but I will only do that when I've already beaten the Master.

Can't recall ever beating the Master in the main game (before the ROM), but I do it frequently on Gift Mode.

Another AC related: I had a VERY good Gift File for several years, and I had done so much with it that the timer reset. It had a brown stuff of Blue Chest items (I mentioned the exact quantities on Gamefaqs once), but the random file deletion struck, and my 100+ hours file was gone. I cried. I haven't really played on the cart since then.

TLR: Also Ancient Cave related. I could never beat Iris on B200. I managed to do it once, but, IIRC, I ended up not saving after that. I'm not entirely sure why, though realizing that I no longer had anything in the game that could challenge me may have played a part in that decision.

Can't really think of anything else.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:30 pm

In Lufia DS, I thought I could make it to the final floor of the Ancient Cave. But then I died at floor 98 =P
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Idura Thunder
Red Jelly

Postby Idura Thunder » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:56 pm

Okay well..

I have spent years and years searching for codes to somehow replace the main characters (in FOD) back to the originals (Like having Maxim and his party throughout the game) to this day i have not found such codes to exist, only hex which i cannot figure how to alter correctly.

I laughed when Selan threw her own Soldier into the wall during training.

I always thought it was weird how Maxim and Hero, protagonists of the story (ROTS AND FOD) , always were weaker then Guy and Aguro, considering they wielded the almighty Dual Blade. This bothered me, as the magic to me i barely ever used for either of the characters, i would have rather had Strength.

I thought Dekar was eating magic brownies.

I think Tia secretly pocketed some of Maxims money when she "paid" him in the begining for killing the jellys.

I think i know Dekar was eating magic brownies.

I thought Iris (Lufia) looked hotter in ROTS then FOD.

I never played TLR, and have briefly played ROL, unfortunatly once i saw the character portraits i immediatly ended my journey.
I always thought it would have been badass if Artea rejoined the next generation party other then Jerin.

It might sound bad, but i thought the game (FOD)would have had a more emotional pull on me if the Hero died at Doom island as Maxim did.

I think they should have made a game as an adult Jeros being the hero.

I think Guy and Jessy need marital counciling if they chose to get married.

I have replayed Lufia ROTS about 12 times and each time always needed a draw out guide for the last room with those damn Red and Yellow blocks EVERYTIME.

The first time i played Lufia FOD, i was 0wned by a mushroom.

--------------------------That's about it, im just starting COTS.
Attacking like a swarm..No..YOU guys are the monsters..Heh..Let's go get them monsters. ~ Seifer Almasy.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:44 am

In Ice Mist Mountain, there was this puzzle where you had to put the key on an elevator thingey. Then you had to go up and stand on the switch to make the elevator go up and grab the key with Tia's hook.
On my first playthrough, I was being an idiot and didn't see that solution =P So instead of just grabbing it with the hook while standing on the switch, I took a fire block from somewhere and pushed it all the way to the switch to make the elevator go up and grab the key XD

~ OUT NOW! 2010

ReynardFox
Soldier

Postby ReynardFox » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:00 pm

SinReVi wrote:In Ice Mist Mountain, there was this puzzle where you had to put the key on an elevator thingey. Then you had to go up and stand on the switch to make the elevator go up and grab the key with Tia's hook.
On my first playthrough, I was being an idiot and didn't see that solution =P So instead of just grabbing it with the hook while standing on the switch, I took a fire block from somewhere and pushed it all the way to the switch to make the elevator go up and grab the key XD

I had trouble in the next one, where you have to melt the ice block that has the key inside it. I felt pretty stupid after I looked up the solution and found out it was that easy... whoops.

I also confess that I wish Logismos Shrine were longer. That one was fun. What awesome design. XD

MysticIris
Red Jelly

Re:

Postby MysticIris » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:12 am

SinReVi wrote:In Ice Mist Mountain, there was this puzzle where you had to put the key on an elevator thingey. Then you had to go up and stand on the switch to make the elevator go up and grab the key with Tia's hook.

Haha, I did the exact same thing in my first play through. I was wondering why it was so hard to move the block and when I got the key back to where it was supposed to be, I realized what the solution really was. XD Anyway, time for some more confessions:
--Lufia II was the first Lufia game I played. I used to rent it from Blockbuster all the time.
--My Dad bought me a copy when he was traveling for work and I was sooooooo excited when he brought it back.
--I thought Arek had some kind of goat mask on when I first saw it.
--I thought that Iris was in love with Maxim.
--I used to take a long time to read dialogue during the game and, sometimes I would stop it entirely, just to listen to the music in the background.
--I didn't like Guy's name in my first play through, so I used to call him Gii or some weird pronunciation like that.
--Dekar was, and still is, my favorite character in the game and in my first play through I gave him all the best equipment.
--I was then very upset when Dekar "died" and I lost all of my best equipment with him.
--I felt that getting Lexis after Dekar was a complete insult.
--Whenever Lexis died because of an Assashin, I just left him dead. I didn't think he was worth reviving when I was a kid.
--I use to think the Assashin's were hippos with blue scarves.
--I didn't realize that Regain could be used to revive a fallen party member until I was much older.
--I used to warp back to Elcid all the time during the game to see if Tia was there. I wanted to see her again or at least know where she was.
--I thought that Tia and Dekar were going to get together at the end of the game. I was very disappointed when that didn't happen.
--When I got Lufia: Fortress of Doom, I was really surprised by how old it looked in comparison to Lufia II.
--I really didn't like Lufia that much when I first played the game.
--I thought that attacking the empty space was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen in a game.
--I thought Jerin's sprite in the victory pose made her look like she was wearing a diaper with no shirt.
--I always wondered if Aguro was somehow related to Guy or Dekar.
--The aluminum foil fetch quest was so frustrating that I stopped playing the game for a long time. Still to this day, when I replay the game, I generally stop there because I hate the aluminum foil fetch quest so much.
--I have only beaten Lufia: FOD once, while I have beaten Lufia II more times than I can count.
--I felt like Lufia: TLR had too many useless characters that they made you drag along.

That's all I can think of for now. Maybe I'll come up with more later.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Re: Re:

Postby SinReVi » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:52 pm

MysticIris wrote:
--I used to take a long time to read dialogue during the game and, sometimes I would stop it entirely, just to listen to the music in the background.
--I didn't realize that Regain could be used to revive a fallen party member until I was much older.

I did that too =P
Actually for a long while I thought only Miracles and the church were able to revive a character.

Lufia II
- There are a few puzzles I always mess up... no matter how many times I've played through the game =P Like the memory puzzle in the lighthouse... and the solution is always the same =P
- I didn't realise I had to stay a few days at the inn in Aleyn... and got stucked
- Later hen I was told to go to Treadool and wait until the Excerion was finished, I thought I had to stay at the inn of Treadool to pass time... <_< That didn't work! Jyad never arrived after countless stays at the inn!

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”