Update

Discuss the upcoming fan game by Dekar The Great, Zifanite, and PsiCop.

Moderators: PsiCop, Dekar The Great, Moderator Team

Dekar The Great
Knight

Update

Postby Dekar The Great » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:29 am

Hello everyone, I know its been a very, VERY long time since any of you have heard from me.

I appologize for following in the footsteps of such other Lufia Fangame creators such as the guy making the Lufia MMO. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am alive and well, and the game... is well.. struggling. I recently opened up the game after letting it lie dormant for at least a year or so, and as if by instinct, started looking through it and trying to correct many errors I made when I was younger.

I am here to inform you... that if everything goes right, you may FINALLY have a demo of this game for your computer, its really just a matter of cleaning up a lot of the junk that doesn't need to be on here and changing a few things to make most everything functional.

I cannot promise that there will be no bugs with the game or unexplainable errors, but at least you will all be able to see my work. The game's story has also taken a different direction which I hope the community will still enjoy.

Anyways... I'm not sure if the Lufia V: Fourth War site is still up or not, but if so, perhaps I will try and put some new pictures up, or a video if I can figure out how.

On another note, I am heading to college in 2 days and will not have much time to work on the game (of course), but I will absolutely do my best to get this demo done as soon as I can. I promised the Lufia Community that I would NEVER give up on this project and I intend to keep that promise.

P.S. I'm going to school for game design, so perhaps you will someday get to play more of my work. =)

-Dekar the Great AKA Zabekis
Lufia V: For the Savior Demo 2.2 and Welcome to Ostiaka Out Now!

Dekar The Great
Knight

Bad News... (already)

Postby Dekar The Great » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:09 am

Almost all the changes to the game I have made have been deleted... due to a strange error where basically I opened the game without being administrator and thats how I was working on it for quite some time. Then when I ran as administrator it brought me back to the old build and it seems as though the new build has been completely wiped.

I apologize for getting everyone's hopes up. I'm honestly sitting here in tears as I write this... So much work just... gone. I'm going to try and get to work to get it back the way I had it, this time of course in administrator mode..

I feel so miserable right now..

Dekar The Great
Knight

Up all night

Postby Dekar The Great » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:44 am

Alright, I'm just about back to where I was, progress is resuming on the game. I'd really like to hear from some fans, I hope that this project will once again find a place on this site as it once did...

jgrizzy89
Red Jelly

Postby jgrizzy89 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:05 pm

I rarely post here - maybe not at all even :/ - but i'm downloading this right now and will definitely get back to the forum in the next day or so. i'm SO excited for curse of the sinistrals - i hope it is at least half as good as the original! thank you for this lufia to play until then! :P

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:58 pm

Ah, good to see you're still alive and working on it!
Don't sweat it, but it would be pretty cool to see. Go get 'em! :)

Anthony
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Anthony » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:55 am

Slow and steady mate- keep it up! :)
http://ti83magic.wordpress.com/
Any help, comments, suggestion or any other form of feedback is heavily appreciated :)

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:13 pm

Game Design? That makes two of us.

Well, until I got screwed over at DeVry University. Now I'm focusing on becomming a visual programmer for a living. Game designing is just a hobby now.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Brown-Acid
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Brown-Acid » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:50 am

Game design?That makes 3 of us.

Except for the part where it fell apart and everybody ended up getting pissed off at how the course was run (including me)

$2000 to warm a seat
give me a moment so i can think up a good idea

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:07 pm

Well, I could make a new topic for this. I'd rather ask about it first.

I have comissioned an artist a while back to work on concept art for my indie game. But we won't start production on that until I get a new computer.

Anyways, after I showed him RPG Maker 2003 and Lufia V: For the Savior v-21.01 (I'll give him the un-edited demo and Lufia I&II tomorrow), he is completely enthrawled by how RMK works with graphics.

This will be good practice for spriting and he wants to make original graphics for the game (meaning not copying sprite rips). Can we give him permission to submit graphics at least? I'd say the more the merrior with graphic design, but it's strong man's decision.

He's learning, but with enough practice he'll make it through.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:31 pm

Good news everyone. I have added another skill item to the demo, I may add one more, but I am not certain if that is what I wish to do.

Anyways, progress is coming along quite nicely, I have recently finished the dungeon under Ralke and I'm now working on redoing Ralke itself. I honestly can't wait to show everyone how much the game has improved since the first demo.

Not to put myself on a pedestal, but when I am testing the game and doing playthrus, it honestly feels as if I am playing a Lufia game. But alas, this is just the creators opinion, I can't wait to hear everyone elses =).

Lêi_Trigar
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lêi_Trigar » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:28 pm

one day i'll be sure to check this out... keep up the great work!
My username is pronounced LEE-EYE_TRY-GAR.

Lufia World Lotteries Won; 16, Tickets Bought; 68.

My other home... My Profile

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:32 am

Alright everyone, I decided that I would post a little progress report to let everyone know how the demo is coming along.

I have just tested through what I have of the demo, which leads up to the heroes entering Escasia (The final city in the demo).

What this means for you is...
-Redone intro
-Redone Taisume
-Slightly modified Cult of Daos Dungeon (Now called "Translocaverns")
-Gaira Cave
-Modified Jarea
-Modified Jareana Tower
-Modified Red Hat Trap and Red Hat Battle
-(Incomplete) Ralke Kingdom
-Ralke Castle
-Ralke Labyrinth

All of the above maps aside from Ralke Kingdom are fully functional and are
all pieced together, the story for each place has also changed for the most part. New events have been added, along with new puzzles and all sorts of goodies for you Lufia fans! Many graphical errors have also been fixed.

Now onto the content...

-Skill item "Sword"
-Skill item "Bomb"
-New character sprites (For pressing buttons, lifting things, etc.)
-Pot lifting
-Balanced battles (Much MUCH better than in the previous demo)
-More compelling storyline
-New Character
-Advanced puzzles made using variables
-Musical selection changes
-New sounds and effects
-New enemies

Before the demo 2.0 can be released however, I still need to redo Escasia in Lufia II graphics, create the Kingdom of Ralke and create one more dungeon. After that, and making a demo ending sequence, you will get to play it.

Now, listen to me when I say this folks...

This game, barely shows any resemblance to the Demo 1.0 you experienced before...

This is an entirely new experience that is guaranteed not to disappoint.

Return to “Lufia V: For the Savior”