Anyone Else Get Lufia CotS English Yet?

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Anyone Else Get Lufia CotS English Yet?

Postby teefa85 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:24 pm

I just picked up my copy on the way home from work today. All I can say is, it was worth the wait.
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:47 am

I'm still waiting for my copy. Hope my response didn't kill this topic like everything else.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:30 am

DarkMaster, not to be rude, but the only way you'd kill this topic is with your self-depreciating. I haven't the foggiest idea where you got the notion that we all hate you, but I think you're actually a helpful member of this Web site. Trust me, if we hated you, I'm sure you would have been banned by now.

Anyway, I don't have my copy yet.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:09 pm

*sigh* I'm still waiting to get mine. I was a cheap bar steward and picked the lowest shipping. The money belongs to Natsume and Neverland, not Gamestop.
---DarkMaster2101

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:26 pm

I have mine!

And now I'm hungry because when the gameshop called they had Lufia in, well, I immediately went to get it instead of eating dinner =P

-
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:10 pm

I'm just happy the Gamestop I go to is pretty much on my route home, so I could get there right away.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:12 pm

Should there be a site update now that Curse of the Sinistrals is out?
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:43 pm

There should. Will there be?

Um...

Oh wait, Sinrevi's in charge of that. Then there will be.
I'm not sure whether I'm going to buy the game just yet... I got the Japanese version and all. Maybe I'll download it, and maybe I'll be good and buy it anyway. But for now...

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:14 pm

"Have no fear, Dekar is here!"

{]_v

Looking forward to hearing that with headphones.
---DarkMaster2101

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:55 pm

I was more amused than I should be at Lexis referring to the plate you needed to weigh down on the bridge as a "pressure plate" but that was mainly cuz that was my term for weighted switches in CIMA, to distinguish them from the "step on them with human or monster to activate" floor switches. Probably more proof that I'm a sad little nerd. :D

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:37 am

I have my copy now. It's fantastic so far.

EDIT: And I'm amused that we got yet another translation for the spirit pattern.

Lufia I: Energy flow
Lufia II: Spirit waves
Lufia III: Spiritual force
Lufia CotS: Energy waves

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:41 am

And Daos just loves to get his title changed too: from Sinistral of Chaos to Sinistral of Terror, and now he is called the Sinistral of Fear =P

To Guard Daos: Go play the game in English now, because it's totally worth it!

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:34 pm

Haha. I wonder what he'll be in the next game?

@vivify: I think Lufia II used the term energy waves too, though. But yeah, they're not too concerned with consistence.

ReynardFox
Soldier

Postby ReynardFox » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:23 am

I actually picked up my copy on the 12th, but I forgot to post here. Go figure.

It is entirely worth the wait and I am seriously so happy with it thus far. The localisation is actually better than I expected it to be, the puzzles are great (curse you, Ice Mountain), and the mechanics of battle are fun. I keep haunting the Ancient Cave because I just love playing around in it. The voice acting is much better than I thought it would be, too. I particualrly like Maxim's voice. Selan's is nice, too, and I'm really fond of Iris' voice. Tia overacts a bit, but I suppose it kind of fits with her character. Guy annoyed the tar out of me at first, but I guess it grew on me. Dekar just sounds over-the-top flamboyant, which is exactly how I'd expect him to sound. (I don't know about Artea; I haven't recruited him just yet.)

I also like the changes to the world, too. I thought at first it might take some getting used to, that it would change whatever unidentifiable thing it is that brands the setting as "Lufia," but it's a surprisingly easy transition. It still seems very much like a Lufia game.

Overall I am ridiculously pleased with it. <3

Incidentally, since nobody's done it yet and SinReVi mentioned it on the quote thread (which I will be good and hold off from reading until after I play through), I think I may go ahead and make a transcript after I finish my first play-through.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Retry mode has some changed/added dialogues (mainly related to Iris) which is awesome. Are you going to add them to the transcript to?

To teefa:
I don't know how far you are but the events in the dungeon after you get Selan really gave me a CIMA feeling.

What I mean is people running into a teleporter (Maxim and Guy). Then the rest of the party (Selan, Tia, Iris) is separated and has to find their way to them.
If this was CIMA, you'd only control Selan and then you would have to point Tia and Iris through the dungeon.
Oh and maybe Maxim and his team would have to defeat a weird fire dragon from Genox to get the sword instead of fighting random monsters =P

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”