Sorry, but...

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Gaawa-chan
Red Jelly

Sorry, but...

Postby Gaawa-chan » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:54 am

How on Earth is Artea's name supposed to be pronounced? I even listened for someone to say it in the DS but if they did it was an exchange I missed.

I mean... is it "Ar-Tee" or "Ar-Tee-Uh" or "Ar-Tay-Uh" or what? D:

I was under the impression that 'Arty' was something of a nickname, but is that how it's actually pronounced? But it was also spelled Artia at least once in Lufia 2, right? D:

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:29 am

At E3, it was pronounced "ahr-TEE-uh." But then again, at E3 "Dekar" was also "DEH-kahr" and not "DEH-kuhr" and Selan was "SEH-lehn" and not "seh-LAHN."

According to the Romaji, it is indeed pronounced "AHR-tee," but since Natsume decided to throw us a curve by making Arty a nickname Milka gave our favorite elf in Curse of the Sinistrals, I'd go for however you think it should be said.

Personally, I've been saying "ahr-TAHY-uh" for years now. For one, "AHR-tee" is just too plain compared to names like Karyn and Milka. For another thing, the game already has a character with "TEE-uh" in the name. And finally, "ahr-TAY-uh" is fun to say. :P
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”