Rebirth of an old Lufia fan.

Are you new to the forums? Come and introduce yourself here then!

Moderator: Moderator Team

xellos667
Villager

Rebirth of an old Lufia fan.

Postby xellos667 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi, I'm xellos667 old fan of the Lufia series who have forgotten about it until the recent release of Curse of the Sinistrals. When I was young, I was a Genesis boy, so I got my SNES late, and when I did, all the AAA RPG were fetching for crazy price already. So to satisfy my hunger for RPG, I fall back on lesser known title. That's how I discovered Lufia, by borrowing the first one to one of my friend, and buying it from him later on. Then, by pure random luck, I stumble upon the second one on a used video-game store. The second title is surely one of my favorite 16-bits RPG of all time, and can't count the number of times I've finished it. Later on, I also bought the third game on Gameboy color, which I liked too, but then, before the release of the fourth game, I was a point in my life where I decided to sell my giant video game collection, only keeping one series that I loved even more. So I sold my Lufia games back then, and that was when I forgot about Lufia.

Now fast forward to the present. I'm a full grown adult, almost 30, and saw a blast from the past appear before me when I was at Gamestop. Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals. I bought it with the money I had on my gamestop card, to give it a try...but that was a fatal mistake, because not 1 hours into the game, all my childhood memory of me playing Lufia came back violently. And on a total impusle, I knew I HAD TO bought everything back, and more (and if you follow the link in my signature about my Phantasy Star Classic collection, you'll see that when I'm dedicated to a series, I'm dedicated to the bones). So I was just at the beginning of the game, and I rushed on my computer, on ebay, and went on an shopping craze (take it as a christmas gift to myself, since I'll be working this year unfortunately during christmas...so I can at least give me something). I went and bought (all complete and in excellent condition:

-Lufia & the Forteress of Doom
-Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
-Lufia the Legend Returns
-Lufia: Ruins of Lore
-Estpolis Denki
-Estpolis Denki II
-4 CD Soundtrack for the first 4 games
-Soundtrack for the DS game.

It costs me sweet money, but I think I'll be able to satisfy my newborn Lufia hunger for a while with all this.

Anyway sorry for the long story. When I receive all that, I'll be sure to post some pictures, because this is something I like to do: Taking pictures of collections (and what I love even more is seeing pictures of big dedicated collection of others). I don't know if this forum is really alive, but this was one of the only community I found around Lufia, so I took a chance.

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Welcome.
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:34 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

xellos667
Villager

Postby xellos667 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:37 pm

Thank you. So, is this community alive? Seeing as Lufia a "niche" in a "niche", it's hard to find an alive community dedicated to this series. I hope I hit the spot.

Anyway, after this post, I made some others research on Yahoo Auction Japan. I then contacted my contact in Japan (who purchased most of my rare Japanese items at cheaper price), and asked him to buy to me also:

-Japanese version of The Legend Returns
-Japanese version of Ruins of Lore
-Japanese version of Curse of the Sinistrals
-Two Japanese guide for Lufia II
-One Japanese guide for Lufia on DS
-The pre-order bonus CD for Lufia on DS

With that, I think the only think I'll be missing are official english Player's guide for the first two games. Though I'll have to use Ebay for that, and they don't seem to appear much. Oh yeah, also the other Soundtrack for Lufia 1&2. Though I didnt saw it yet on either ebay and Yahoo Auction Japan.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:37 am

Kind of, when I'm not lamenting about Lufia during idle times I'm around doing mostly random stuff. There was that time where I was working on designs for that fan game but I put that behind me. I'm still working on the tech demo via RMK2k3, but it isn't a serious project anymore.

Anyways, have you read my fan fic? The link is in my signature, though you may want to finish the first endin to Lufia DS first.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

xellos667
Villager

Postby xellos667 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:30 pm

I have not read your fanfic. Normally I try to stay clear of fanfiction, mainly because they tend to collide with my own fan world in my head, and I don't like that. Though I'm done with the two endings of Lufia DS (well the first one was like the SNES one, so I didnt need to wait), so maybe I'll make an exception one day...

Return to “New Members”