Pictures of my Lufia purchases

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

xellos667
Villager

Pictures of my Lufia purchases

Postby xellos667 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:29 pm

In the following month, I'll be receiving tons of Lufia stuff to build my collection. I like to keep track of things, so I decided to create a topic to post pictures of everything I receive, or progress on my quest to build my collection.

In any case, after having bought Lufia for the DS, which was the starting point of my whole collection craze, I went and buy tons of stuff on ebay. The first item arrived a few day ago, and it's the original game, Lufia & the Fortress of Doom

I paid the big price to have it complete in such good condition

While waiting for all my ebay orders, I went and check things on Yahoo Auction Japan. Then contacted my contact in Japan so that he make the purchase for me. Today, he received a bunch of items at its place, and send me a picture of them

I just need to wait for them to be shipped at my place. But before he does that, something REALLY RARE popped-up on Yahoo Auction Japan, and I pressed him that he purchase it for me at all cost.

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e106686706

I could not believe my eye. Only 3000 Yen (around 30$) for something that is said to be worth over 200$ when it comes on ebay. I was really happy. Now all I need for the base of my collection is to find the English players guide for the first 2 Lufia games...unfortunately, there's none of them on ebay right now.

Also, I'll be building a side page on my Phantasy Star Collection page to show my different Lufia possesion. For now, it's empty because I'm still in the process of waiting everything, but when I receive more item, I'll take pictures.

http://xellos667.wordpress.com/my-lufia-collection/

Anyway, to be continued...

EDIT: Well it seems there's some Lufia & The Fortress of Doom player's guide on Amazon...but something that costs so much, I'm hesitant to buy it without actual pictures of the item...

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Re: Pictures of my Lufia purchases

Postby SinReVi » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:02 pm

The Lufia I&II OST is (or at least WAS) a bit more common on Japanese sale sites.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

xellos667
Villager

Postby xellos667 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:05 pm

Everything is more common and cheaper on Japanese site. Problem is, not everyone outside Japan have acces to them. I'm glad I have a contact who do the shopping for me instead (for a small fee of course). Because when you have no other option than ebay to find rare import items, than you're bound to get ripped off since import seller on ebay mostly overcharge everything just for the sake of it being an import. That's really sad :cry:

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:09 pm

Oh yeah, I saw Lufia DS Wallscrolls on Ebay (search for Estpolis), however, they're NOT official products.
They're obviously images from the wallpapers from the japanese Lufia DS site.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

xellos667
Villager

Postby xellos667 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:14 pm

Yeah I saw them too. I thought too myself "They really released wallscroll of those pictures??? I thought they were posters?" Anyway, I'm holding my money for the posters now, normally posters are my last priority, when I have nothing else to buy. Too bad they never released Estpolis figures/models. It would have been really cool collector items.

For those interrested to browse through Yahoo Auction Japan Estpolis items, just use this link:

http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/sear ... e&slider=0

As you can see, even in Japan Estpolis is not really a popular series. Only 5 or 6 pages of products to browse through.

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:39 am

Nice!
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:46 pm

Finding that video of Lufia Genesis reminds me, I remember I read someone said they saw (empty) Lufia Genesis boxes in stores (really long ago when it wasn't cancelled yet), used for advertisement.
Maybe, if it ever shows up online, you could try buying it?

~ OUT NOW! 2010

xellos667
Villager

Postby xellos667 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:35 am

Really? I never thought it existed. If you ever saw something online, send me a link, I'll see what I can do :)

Speaking of purchases, finally, some items have begun to arrive at my place (took a while). The two gameboy games in english

The Legend Returns

The Ruins of Lore

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Never saw a Lufia genesis box show up online...

~ OUT NOW! 2010

xellos667
Villager

Postby xellos667 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:31 am

And the items continue to keep coming....

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistral (still a save on it, so the battery seems to be ok)

The Soundtrack for the first 3 games (so great to have a soundtrack for the GBC game, and I love the last remix on the 4th CD).

Lufifa DS OST (for CD 2 alone, this soundtrack is SO WORTH IT...the remix on that CD should have been used in-game if possible)

Now I have to wait for most of the Japanese stuff to arrive. But I have troubles with the seller who sold me the Estpolis 1 & 2, and he doesnt seems to reply back (and didnt seems to have sent the games yet). If this continue, I will fill a report for refund and just buy them from another seller

MysticIris
Red Jelly

Postby MysticIris » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:53 am

Cool collection! I got the Estpolis SNES and GBC CDs a couple years ago and I listen to them all the time.
Now, I do have two questions for you. If you could answer them, I'd be really grateful. I've been looking for the new Estpolis CDs, but I haven't seen them being sold on any English sites. Do you know of a good place to buy them that has a reasonable price? Also, I found a really cool wall scroll for the new Lufia DS game, BUT it's priced close to $30.00. Again, do you know anywhere that has a better price on these wall scrolls?

xellos667
Villager

Postby xellos667 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:32 am

For the new DS OST, what is a good price for you, I bought it on ebay for a high price (50$), which is unfortunately a standard price for import game OST on ebay. Except if you can buy it on japanese site like Yahoo Auction Japan, don't expect finding it below 30$ anytime soon (or never for that matter)

As for the wallscoll, surely you saw the same thing as all of us on ebay. But as SinReVi stated earlier, those are not official products. Those are Lufia pictures the guy is printing on wallscroll. So since those are un-official products, you can't expect find a different price anywhere else. In Japan, they released actual posters, no wallscroll.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:50 am

Most Lufia posters are from magazines so... I guess you'll have to wait until they show up?

I bought my Lufia DS poster from here:
http://www.gameover.nl/simons_website/home.html
http://www.gameover.nl/simons_website/page20.html

~ OUT NOW! 2010

xellos667
Villager

Postby xellos667 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:30 pm

Another exemple is the release poster which can be found on Yahoo Auction Japan for only 100 Yen (1$)...that is, if you have a way to buy from there

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k131785168

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:39 pm

^
That's same as the one I have =P

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”