My Lufia Fanart

Share your Lufia fan fiction and artwork in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

MysticIris
Red Jelly
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:46 am

My Lufia Fanart

Postby MysticIris » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:21 am

I thought I'd add some of the pictures I've made for Lufia. There should be more coming when I have time to draw them. The first one is an Iris/Erim comparison. I've always felt there difference in appearance, especially outfit wise, was quite striking. The second is a Dekar/Tia picture based off the Lufia II designs. I always felt like the two of them should have gotten together after the final battle, so I drew this sketch. I have been trying to color it, but I don't have a wide variety of markers, so I'm having trouble getting the right colors. :/ Feedback is appreciated. :)
irisfatecolored2.jpg
Iris/Erim picture
irisfatecolored2.jpg (64.98 KiB) Viewed 2340 times
dekartiakissbw.jpg
Dekar/Tia Kiss
dekartiakissbw.jpg (35.42 KiB) Viewed 2340 times

User avatar
vivify93
Hero of the Lufians
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: USA

Re: My Lufia Fanart

Postby vivify93 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:11 pm

Nice! :D I always like seeing Lufia fan art. You can tell a lot of love went into it.

I noticed in your Iris/Erim picture, the lines are a bit sharp, like the Iris side's jaw and the part of her cloak that sticks out in the middle.

It does look nice though--I like how she appears to be peering over something. I can picture the Iris side peering over Maxim as he lays on the ground hurt, while the Erim side is leering at him in triumph. Erim's lips are even drawn up a little bit into a half-smirk, the one thing betraying her cold, icy gleam.

As for the DekarXTia picture, Tia's bangs are a bit too short. You're trying to have her bangs touch Tia's eyebrow, but that makes her eye appear almost right on her forehead! :P Dekar's nose is a little pointy, Tia's eye is a bit too wide, and her neck's a little long.

The costumes, however, are spot-on. They're nice and neat and have clear lines. Nothing's confusing as to who is wearing what.

However, I know absolutely nothing about art, so take this with as many grains of salt as you can! :P I also don't know how long you've been drawing or your age, so please forgive me.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

MysticIris
Red Jelly
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:46 am

Re: My Lufia Fanart

Postby MysticIris » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:27 am

vivify93 wrote:Nice! :D I always like seeing Lufia fan art. You can tell a lot of love went into it.


Thank you for that! I always figure that if I'm going to do something, I should try to do it well.

vivify93 wrote:I noticed in your Iris/Erim picture, the lines are a bit sharp, like the Iris side's jaw and the part of her cloak that sticks out in the middle.


You know, I hadn't noticed that before you mentioned it, but you're right. I guess I need to be careful with how hard I press with the markers. My problem is that I usually use colored pencils, but my scanner doesn't pick up the colors as well when I use them and the picture ends up looking really grainy. :/

vivify93 wrote: As for the DekarXTia picture, Tia's bangs are a bit too short. You're trying to have her bangs touch Tia's eyebrow, but that makes her eye appear almost right on her forehead! :P Dekar's nose is a little pointy, Tia's eye is a bit too wide, and her neck's a little long.


Thank you for that feedback. This is the first time I've actually successfully managed to pull off a kiss picture, so I was expecting there'd be mistakes. I tried to make them look a little more anime style since I thought it would make it easier to pull off the pose I wanted. I struggled with their noses a lot because I was trying to make sure that it was clear what they were, lol. I don't know if I can fix the neck, but I'll see what I can do about the rest of it.

vivify93 wrote:However, I know absolutely nothing about art, so take this with as many grains of salt as you can! :P I also don't know how long you've been drawing or your age, so please forgive me.

Don't worry about it. I appreciate constructive criticism since it will help me make the picture better. It's actually more frustrating when you get no comments on your work or when someone just writes "Good job," because it really doesn't help me improve. Thanks for the feedback. :)


Return to “Lufia Fan Works”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest