Lufia V: For the Savior, Resuming Progress

Discuss the upcoming fan game by Dekar The Great, Zifanite, and PsiCop.

Moderators: PsiCop, Dekar The Great, Moderator Team

Dekar The Great
Knight

Lufia V: For the Savior, Resuming Progress

Postby Dekar The Great » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:39 pm

Hello everyone, again, sorry for dissappearing off the face of the planet... I seem to have a habit of that...

Anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know that I have resumed progress on Lufia V: For the Savior and that the demo 2.0 that I promised
quite some time ago, is almost finished. The game looks and plays SO much better than it did before and I think that all you Lufia fans are going to love it!

The demo 2.0 will be out sometime in the next 2 months and features about 4-5 hours of gameplay (based on the 3 people I've had test it so far).

I plan for the full game to be atleast 20+ hours.

Keep a lookout for Lufia V: For the Savior Demo 2.0 coming soon!!

-Dekar the Great
Lufia V: For the Savior Demo 2.2 and Welcome to Ostiaka Out Now!

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Re: Lufia V: For the Savior, Resuming Progress

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:21 am

... Yeah, you have fun with that.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:01 am

Is there a problem Darkmaster?

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Alright!
I'll look forward to it then =D
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Sat May 07, 2011 9:17 pm

I've once again pieced everything together, I only have 2 new things to add before the release...

- The port town Escasia
- The Mountain Mines

The issue I am having right now is that I have been unable to find a Lufia II Port town chipset (or atleast now a full one). I'm not the best at making chipsets, but I'll do my best, most likely
expect Escasia to change when the full version of the game is released. The Mountain Mines should take quite awhile (making puzzles and the sort) but the release of the Demo 2.0 is not far off!

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun May 08, 2011 4:56 pm

Well, I hope that what little work I did working on the Lufia v-21.01 was helpful to you. Despite that you stopped responding to my reports.
---DarkMaster2101

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Sun May 08, 2011 8:49 pm

I'm very sorry about that Darkmaster, lots of real life stuff was distracting me, but I like many of the ideas and things that you showed in Lufia v-21.01, I haven't put any of them in the Demo 2.0, but I hope to work with you after the release of this demo to create an actual menu for skill items and the such, as the system that I have right now is temporary. The game has also changed so much since the first demo release that it is almost a completely different creation. It feels much more like an actual Lufia game, at least in my opinion.

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Sun May 08, 2011 9:03 pm

Update:

I have completed my chipset for Escasia and am almost done building it, once that is complete I will be putting the story elements into it and will then begin work on the Mountain Mines.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon May 09, 2011 3:58 pm

Dekar The Great wrote:I'm very sorry about that Darkmaster, lots of real life stuff was distracting me,

No worries, I have finals this week. On top of that I had to reformat my computer to install a new OS. I probably lost the v-21.01 in the back up somewhere. Even if I don't have it, I have the documentation. Also, as I said, v-21.01 is not dependant on Lufia V's code in any way.

Dekar The Great wrote:but I hope to work with you after the release of this demo to create an actual menu for skill items and the such...

Unblock me from Windows Messenger and we'll talk.

[EDIT] MSN changed it to where I can't find blocked contacts. See if you can add me first, if not then I'll have to use another account to contact you.
---DarkMaster2101

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Thu May 12, 2011 8:54 am

Great news everyone! I've been working really hard these last few days and have completed Escasia and added all of the story events included within it. I am also almost finished with the game's first "Mountain" dungeon, The Mountain Mines. Expect the release of the Demo 2.0 very soon, keep checking for updates =).

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Mon May 16, 2011 9:39 pm

I am almost finished with the Mountain Mines, I only have to design a boss battle, and a few more tweaks to the dungeon. After that, all I have to do is create events that lead up to the end of the demo. I'm taking a 1-2 day break from making the game, so... expect the demo to be released next week, or... if something comes up, the week after that.

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Thu May 26, 2011 9:57 am

Hello everyone! I have some good news and some bad news... First off, there is going to be a slight delay in the demo's release due to the fact that I am currently on vacation in Naples, Italy. However, I have brought my laptop along and will be working periodically on the game.

I am also playing through Lufia II again on my phone to get ideas and to try and make Lufia V feel as close to that "Lufia feel" that I can. Upon doing this, there are a few things in the demo right now that I really want to edit and make better before the release. In particular, the beginning of the game has always been a big issue for me, I've never been as happy with it as I'd like to be...

So.. I've decided to alter Taisume just a little bit more before the release.

There are a few other things as well, but anyways, just know that the delay for the demo is technically a GOOD thing. I really want everyone to see the hard work I have put into the game and show people that this really could be the Lufia sequel that they have been asking for.

To those of you still watching the game's progress, thank you, and I really hope that you will enjoy Lufia V: For the Savior despite the many delays.

Return to “Lufia V: For the Savior”