Feedback for Demo 2.0

Discuss the upcoming fan game by Dekar The Great, Zifanite, and PsiCop.

Moderators: PsiCop, Dekar The Great, Moderator Team

Dekar The Great
Knight

Re: Feedback for Demo 2.0

Postby Dekar The Great » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Before playing the demo again, do you have any weapons that are effective against certain monsters?

Unfortunately, no. They will be added with the full version though.
Lufia V: For the Savior Demo 2.2 and Welcome to Ostiaka Out Now!

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:50 am

I haven't been playing the demo lately as of the last few days. E3 is kind of a holiday for me.

Anyway while we're on the topic about monster types, how many do you plan to have?

I'd personally go with these simple groups: Jelly, Plant, Aquatic, Dragon, Beast, Flying, Insect, Material, Demon, Fay, Undead, Monsternoid, Human, and Ethereal.

The groups Monsternoid include giants and goblins. Fay includes sprites, fairies and elves. Dragon includes lizardmen and salamanders.

Ethereal is a wild card for it applies to the Sinistrals. You could apply ethereal to pseudogods like Zalbak and angels.

At least this way you can organize your monsters into general types and have certain weapons and spells work against them.

[EDIT] Then again this thread isn't here to leave suggestions on the core game play. It's to report all bugs and typos within the game. Well, maybe a few suggestions to help polish the game, not change it.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:27 pm

For some reason that switch didn't work correct after a while. I had to replay from an older savefile to get through the game.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Hmm thats odd... the pot code is pretty complicated (in-fact, I'm pretty sure that even as simple as that puzzle is, it was the hardest to create) not sure why the button wasn't working. =(

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:01 am

Dekar The Great wrote:Hmm thats odd... the pot code is pretty complicated (in-fact, I'm pretty sure that even as simple as that puzzle is, it was the hardest to create) not sure why the button wasn't working. =(

YOU TELL ME! I pretty much used Zifanite's version of the code, except arranged it so that the object follows on top of you as opposed to changing the sprite (unfortunately is rendered way too ugly so it's better to keep the sprite)

Though I did made some nice graphics for Demo -21.01
The weight above Cam's head is the dead weight.

Preview of the Skill Item Menu.

I actually edited the idle battle sprites to be exactly the same anatomy as the face graphic.

Oh, in case you missed it in the other topic here's a fixed version of the battle graphic:
---DarkMaster2101

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:39 pm

- Someone on my videos said there was no background music.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:37 pm

- you're able to "cheat" when running away from the spider. The spider ran past Cameron!
You can see it in part 28 of my playthrough, around 01:50 (by the way, part 28 isn't uploaded yet when I wrote this post)

Well, here is a screenshot.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:11 pm

Hmm... I'll look more into the issue with the spider, I think I have an idea to fix it.

Liam
Red Jelly

Postby Liam » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:13 pm

First off, I want to say cheers to you for making this game. I've only played the demo for a few minutes so far, but the quality looks so fantastic already.
And with Darkmaster2101's feedback, it can only become moreso.

I just want to add one minor 'bug.' in the fortress of doom, right after the intro, on the lower level. as you enter the central door leading to the room with three chests, it creates an improper sound effect (as if walking down stairs).

As I said, it is very minor, but every little bit helps. :)
I'll let you know if I find anything else on my playthrough that Darkmaster hadn't touched upon, which i'm sure won't happen, he was very thorough.

once again, great job, and I hope you stick with it 'til the end!

EDIT:

I also wanted to add a suggestion for tightening up the dialogue in the intro. Before I post I want to say I hope you aren't offended, I realize I'm new, but I'm sure you appreciate suggestions coming from a variety of people (if nothing else, it shows that many people are as excited and invested as you are) and also that anything i post is merely my opinion. It won't hurt my feelings if you don't like them. But hey, you never know. :D

also, i'm not necessarily looking for credit. Here goes.

I was thinking, for the intro, maybe less use of repetitive words and phrases. while it does work well in terms of dramatic dialogue at points,
(i.e. 'a sword capable of good.
a sword capable of evil.')

in other areas after that, it just seems a little excessive.
(i.e. 'it calls to the heroes of good.
and also to the titans of evil.')
It just seems too similar to that first example, and maybe you could use a roundabout way of saying the same thing, without actually saying the same thing.

my revision would take place after the line 'the sword rings once every hundred years.'

'it holds the power to invigorate the heroes of good.'

'as well as to empower the titans of evil.'

'the blade remains sought after by both sides.'

'the means being the destruction of the other.'

'yet one factor endures that inhibits evil from attaining their goals.' (ed. or achieving victory)

'love.'

that's the end of my revision, the rest of the intro was brilliant in my opinion.
i hope you appreciated the input.

(one last addition: I would maybe suggest a jingle when someone has been added to your party, just makes it stand out more. sorry if this has been previously suggested.)

let me know what you think! good luck!

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:46 am

Please ignore the bot above, apparently he wants to steal your information with bad links.

*ahem*

Three reasons why I haven't been updating the bugs and suggestions lists. One, my family is going through a financial crisis where we got screwed over at a mechanic who broke our car. Two, I've been playing Monster Hunter Tri and finally got past HR 51 (post final boss). Three, I had to reformat the computer due to a virus and wasn't able to save the demo.

So I'm going to play through again to reach where I last was. Also, I'm going to confirm any bugs I didn't personally find.

Sorry about the silence.
---DarkMaster2101

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:39 pm

I've recently gone through and have fixed and tweaked with almost all of the bugs you guys found, I am now beginning work on the next continent. Thanks again for finding the bugs =D

Return to “Lufia V: For the Savior”