Daos!

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Daos!

Postby SinReVi » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:50 pm

So I was at a tram stop and then some guy approached me.
Turns out he has a tattoo of Daos (Lufia II overworld sprite) on his arm and wanted to show it to me =P I didn't expect that =P (I got a photo but it's still on my phone)
(He approached me because he saw the Lufia ID/Badge thingey I was wearing on my bag. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/ ... 060588.jpg)
Besides that a man at the Intertoys (shop) recognized it last week.)
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Daos!

Postby vivify93 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:21 pm

That's pretty awesome. :D
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue May 03, 2011 1:15 pm

~ OUT NOW! 2010

ParaThe
Red Jelly

Postby ParaThe » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:31 am

First of all sorry for spilling some Miracle drops on this topic.

Just wanted to say that that is my arm. My initial plan was to do the battle sprite for Daos, but unfortunately when sketching it out I knew it would be to difficult for my limited skills and resources.

So you are the one and only SinReVi, i suspected as much, but didn't dare to ask. The whole meeting was as awkward for me as it must have been for you. And yeah when I saw your badge, i just had to show you. It's not everyday you run into a Lufia fan, someone that can understand how important that tattoo actually is. It was a very welcome change from what i usually heard about it. The worst one being: I love that little puppet on your arm, he is so cute, if you didn't give him a name, could I name him

I've seen you on every single Lufia board I ever visited, had made a account on all of them too. But never managed to stay long or active. You might have seen me on one of them before, my name was something with Outside or something if my memory serves me well.

Never expected to bump into you like that, especially not in my hometown hahaha

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:55 pm

Whoa! Didn't expect you posting here =P Didn't expect people would recognize my badge either. Most of the time someone approached me on the street they just want directions, or ask for money.
(three persons recognized it so far, the man at Intertoys, you, and a guy who used to go to the same school as me)

Actually, I was thinking of you yesterday when I was at the same tram stop =P Thought I should at least have asked your name back then, except I only thought of that when I was already on my way home in the tram <_<

Well, if you were more of a lurker than a active poster, then I probably won't remember, unless you specifially talked to me in one of your old posts =P Guess it would also depend on how long ago you posted.
Ummm about the puppet on my arm, I don't know what exactly you mean (I have a idea though) but was it also attached to my bag?

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Superdreuzel
Knight

Postby Superdreuzel » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:48 pm

wow, thats cool of running into someone like that. Even more, since Sinrevi is dutch, you would have to be dutch too!

And, if the tattoo would be of Idura, you would have been my hero ^^
Image]

ParaThe
Red Jelly

Postby ParaThe » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:26 pm

No the the 'puppet on your arm' is one of the/if not the worst remark i get about my precious Daos on a regular basis haha

I hardly ever leave the house anymore (and the day we bumped into each other was if memory serves me the first time in over a month I left the house) so the chances of a second random encounter are really slim.

Yes i was more of a lurker, but not by choice, internet was far and few between for me. And it really was YEARS ago, you just have a screen name that is very easy to remember.

Idura in a bunnysuit tattoo you say? Now there is a fun idea, and not one I will be able to do myself unfortunately.

Besides always feeling a bond with Daos, he is also the only character from Lufia i could effectively doodle (my old school binders used to be filled to the brim with Daos doodles). So that's why it became a Daos tattoo.

I do want more Lufia ink eventually, and done professionally instead of D.I.Y but that are plans for the future when i can afford it.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:12 pm

haha sorry I misunderstood it =P
I wonder how people could call Daos cute =P
I also drew alot of Lufia related drawings in school =P Ssome classmates mistook my drawings of Daos for drawings of Fred Flintstone (that happened really long ago, in "groep 3" but still! Daos is not Fred Flintstone! Grrr!).
I've been on Lufia forums since late 2003 so I probably won't remember every single accountname I've seen on a Lufia forum =P

~ OUT NOW! 2010

ParaThe
Red Jelly

Postby ParaThe » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:01 pm

Me neither, maybe i should have gone for the Iris sprite, she had something cute and shy about her, heck even the Erim sprite had a cute streak. But if i had gone for Iris or Erim, they would probally have called her anything but cute.

I got a 4 for a Daos and Crono drawing once :P Was in the first year of highschool, we had to make a drawing with 3 types of movement in it.

So i drew a massive daos covering almost halve of the paper, surrounded by the Zap spell, and Crono doing his Cyclone attack.

Teacher thought both Daos and Crono where created from practically only circles and I had done that because it was quick and simple, and I didn't put in any effort, she also complained about the massive size of Daos as compared to Crono. And she had no clue why I had drawn a occult marking with blue balls flying out of it, and thought it was just crammed in there because i needed to magic up a third movement.

When I tried to explain how the drawing was a ode/mash-up to/of two of my favorite games for the SNES, and I couldn't help it the in-game characters looked like they where mainly based on circles, she thought i was making that up, and thus lowered my grade to a 4 (instead of the initial 6 it started at).

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Say, does this happen to be your old account? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1385095
There was a Outside666 on Sinistral Revival Forum who once said he followed a link in my signature here, and that he was PluisXL. (I remember the name PluisXL more than Outside666)

~ OUT NOW! 2010

ParaThe
Red Jelly

Postby ParaThe » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:04 pm

Haha yup that's me.

seeing that account name, i suddenly regret never making PluisXL my standard online name. Though perfectly content with Para too

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:22 am

So... Any more Lufia related tattoos you plan to have?
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

ParaThe
Red Jelly

Postby ParaThe » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:18 pm

Currently only one planned is either Estpolis or Lufia on the side of my arm. Estpolis would be a perfect fit, but the blade through the S might prove a real problem, not to mention how much time a D.I.Y tattoo of that size will cost (for measurement Daos took me around 12 hours total IIRC)
Going for Lufia would be a lot easier (and more recognisable I guess), though might run out of vertical space for the F, so would need to alter the design of the logo a bit. But being much smaller, it would leave a lot of open space, and personally i think any form of text inked on the side of arm should cover the entire side or close to it.

I haven't started sketching them out, and fitting/refitting/altering them onto my arm, because I am still waiting for the last tattoo to heal and see if that needs a bit of touching up (Tank Girl logo on my wrist) and am halfway done with putting the Konami Code on my arm, which really should have been finished a couple of days ago, but have been to tired to work on it. Also don't really want to do tattoo after tattoo after tattoo, well actually I do but at this rate I will run out of places to tattoo way too fast

I'm sure somewhere in the future i will get a/some Lufia related tattoo(s) professionally, but no clue what it/they will be. I'll worry about that when i can afford new professional Ink.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:43 pm

Oh! I wanna see when it's done! =P
Speaking of done, if I remember correctly you said something about that Daos wasn't completely done yet? So does that mean the photo I took is already outdated? =P

The logo of Estpolis DS doesn't have a sword through the S, but I guess it does look different from the older Estpolis logo.

And I don't know if this helps but here are some pictures of the logos. (Originally made them to see how the logos changed over the years, and I came to the conclusion that the Estpolis logo has changed more, while the Lufia logo looks more the same)

And a animated one from a commercial.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

ParaThe
Red Jelly

Postby ParaThe » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Nothing has changed to Daos yet, still haven't found a way to NOT make it look like he is wearing a Tie hahaha, but it's hard to come up with something that is doable and not look crowded at the same time. So I guess Daos will remain a WIP for a long long time. I'm really happy with Daos as he is currently, but he just doesn't feel finished.

You'll be the first to know when i got the logo on my arm ;)

I knew there where a lot of different versions, just didn't know there where that many :P I'll most likely go for Estpolis, and if it will contain a sword or not is something I can't know till i start sketching it out, just gotta make a lot of sketches (of all the different logo's or combination of some) and see what will work best. I really like the new Estpolis logo, and it would be easy to do, it just looks to modern for on my arm hahaha

And thanks those pictures will help a LOT :D

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”