DarkMaster2101 Lufia Let's Play possibilities

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

DarkMaster2101 Lufia Let's Play possibilities

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:55 am

Alright then, I'm starting to get the hang of this let's play stuff. I know I just started and I'll probably never get famous enough to be noticed.

Still my let's play stuff is more for a hobby. Once I finish the Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past, don't expect any let's play videos from me anytime soon.

With that said, you're probably wondering if I will ever let's play a Lufia game?

OH YES!!! ABSOLUTELY!!!

Currently the only Lufia game I plan to let's play is Lufia and the Fortress of Doom on Wii virtual console (whenever its released). You may have to wait until I get a capture card and a $1500 desktop computer before I get started on that project. I kind of want a better desktop for graphics programming, and my laptop's video card probably isn't good enough for decent capture card quality.

That being said, here's some more possibilities of future Lufia let's play projects.

Lufia Curse of the Sinistrals for the DS via emulation. Again I need a better computer and possibly Adobe Suite C4 so I can edit both screens at once.
    Kureji Lufia BLIND! The reason why I haven't tried it out yet because I don't know how to patch ROMs. But I'll probably find a tutorial online eventually. You may hear some uncensored swearing though...
    Lufia V For the Savior full release. I'm waiting for you to finish it Dekar, just like I said.

Well, time for some bad news. The games I will never let's play

Lufia II Rise of the Sinistrals. Mostly because I don't feel as attached to the story as the first game. Also Lufia Curse of the Sinistrals overwrites this option.
    Lufia The Legend Returns. Played it via emulation. Never finished it. Got bored grinding and farming for Hi Bombs in the not-so-random dungeon generator.
    Lufia The Ruins of Lore. It's a mediocre game in my eyes and the commentary will probably condemn it.

Well for a more obvious reason, I know I can never get original copies of Lufia II, RoL, and TLR. Also with the gameboy games I heard Visual Boy Advance really isn't up to snuff for desktop recording even with Fraps. At least for TLR I'll use the Gameboy Player in the Gamecube. As for Ruins of Lore, I read it has terrible slow down issues with the GBP making it impossible to capture on video with decent quality.

And that's all. I know I shouldn't be using the forums as a blog and such. But when I get started I'll let you know.

I know I want the Lufia and the Fortress of Doom to be an official Lufia World let's play if you're willing to help with the production.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Re: DarkMaster2101 Lufia Let's Play possibilities

Postby Artemis » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:22 am

DarkMaster2101 wrote:Kureji Lufia BLIND! The reason why I haven't tried it out yet because I don't know how to patch ROMs. But I'll probably find a tutorial online eventually. You may hear some uncensored swearing though...

I'd really like to see it! :D
This sounds like fun (... mainly for me. :lol: )
As I've started with Let's Plays myself (however in German), I am thinking about doing either Spekkio Lufia or Kureji Lufia (difficult version). But I'll probably take the first one.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:14 pm

Artemis wrote:
DarkMaster2101 wrote:Kureji Lufia BLIND! The reason why I haven't tried it out yet because I don't know how to patch ROMs. But I'll probably find a tutorial online eventually. You may hear some uncensored swearing though...

I'd really like to see it! :D
This sounds like fun (... mainly for me. :lol: )

Thanks, now I have to do it. -_-'
---DarkMaster2101

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:11 am

Well, right now I'm having trouble patching the SNES ROM. I am using a North American Lufia II ROM as instructed.

I included the patch in the game's zip folder. Renamed the patch to the game renamed the game to the patch. I can't get past the title screen.

I've tried using a patcher to patch the ROM, but ZSNES detects the file as corrupted.

I know I'm doing something wrong.
---DarkMaster2101

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:34 am

Did you use the correct ROM? It has to be one with a header. You can see that it's correct if the size of your ROM is exactly 2621952 bytes.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:03 pm

Artemis wrote:Did you use the correct ROM? It has to be one with a header. You can see that it's correct if the size of your ROM is exactly 2621952 bytes.

The ROM is named "Lufia II - Rise of the Sinistrals (U).smc" and its size is 2621440. I probably don't have the right ROM then.

Guess I can't patch it then.
---DarkMaster2101

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”