Lufia DS one year anniversary!

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Lufia DS one year anniversary!

Postby vivify93 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:04 pm

In honor of the first birthday of Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals, I've started an open playthrough on GameFAQs. Everyone's invited and there are only two rules!

1. Be respectful (Which I have no doubts that the people here will be very respectful)
2. State whether you're playing a brand new game, a new game +, or a new game ++.

The topic is here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/980073-l ... s/60618677

I encourage all and any fans to join! :)
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Re: Lufia DS one year anniversary!

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:18 pm

Well what d' ya know. Too bad I don't have a decent computer to run a DS emulator or a decent camera to record the 3DS screen.

I tested out the circle pad. It works for CotS.

Maybe I should get started on Lufia Oath Under Moon again? The next season is due winter/spring. Maybe spring with the way writing assignments have been dumping on me.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:55 pm

Well, count me in =P When I start my new playthroughs that is.
(I also like using the circle pad of the 3DS when playing Lufia)

And by the way, mini-rant:
One year since the US release, over 1,5 year after the JP release, and there still is no European release! Or any information about it even coming.
This would be more of a problem if the DS was regionlocked but still! I think this makes the chance lower of a possible future Lufia game getting released here! I mean what if they release that on a regionlocked system? *coughcoughNINTENDO3DScough* We never got Lufia RoL either, Lufia TLR did get a European release but I never saw it in a shop ONCE. Lufia I wasn't released here either, but that was before Lufia II which was the first Lufia game that was released in Europe.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:00 pm

DarkMaster2101 wrote:Maybe I should get started on Lufia Oath Under Moon again? The next season is due winter/spring. Maybe spring with the way writing assignments have been dumping on me.

That'd be awesome! :D

SinReVi wrote:One year since the US release, over 1,5 year after the JP release, and there still is no European release! Or any information about it even coming.

I know. :( I was hoping it'd be translated into all the languages Lufia II was translated into, and more... German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, French. Well, fan translations of the Spanish and Italian versions have been released, but the others are still missing. :p
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:27 pm

Actually these languages were officially released in Europe: Dutch, German and Spanish.
The PAL english version is the Australian version.

There have been fan translations of the games in other languages and I'm pretty sure I saw someone fan-translating Lufia DS in Spanish (his name was Gades X or something similar to that?)

On the other sideeee... *thinks about Lufia DS with Dutch voice acting* Brrrr! Or maybe I just don't like the idea of that because it seems I always hear the same few voice actors when I hear the TV and there is a Dutch dub. Also some translations just sound ehhhh in Dutch. (IMO)
(And how often do I ask" Is that Brock from Pokemon/Jesse from Pokemon/Crocker from Fairly Odd Parents/insert other character ? *looks at TV* Oh it's just a character from a serie I don't know that just has the same voice actor!

Fortunately, there is an option to turn off voice acting if that does happen and I happen to not like the new voices =P

I don't have major complaints about the Dutch Lufia II. Maybe I'll try comparing the script to the English translation one time. The Dutch Lufia II follows the English translation, the German translation is different sometimes from what I can remember (for example I remember something like Maxim suggested ordering a pizza when he was eating with Tia in the beginning). Also I am against them changing Artea's gender to female in the German release!
I don't understand Spanish so I can't say about the Spanish release.

Maybe I should try e-mailing Nintendo of Europe (or at least dutch nintendo or something?) and see if they have any thoughts about it. Don't know if I would get a reply though.
And I wonder if Square-enix would let Nintendo release a European version?
And Lufia TLR was released by Ubisoft in Europe.

EDIT:
Not a Lufia game, but CIMA never got a European release either! And I'm sure it was supposed to be released here at one time during the development.
Besides it showing up on release lists back then and then suddenly disappearing of the lists. There is even a whole complete German translation inside the data in the ROM! Some text hints there was going to be a French option too! (Didn't find a French translation in the data though, it only said "French" at a "Select language" option.

Did I say "language"? According to Natsume it's spelled "Laguage" and "German" is spelled "Germen"

~ OUT NOW! 2010

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:25 am

vivify93 wrote:
DarkMaster2101 wrote:Maybe I should get started on Lufia Oath Under Moon again? The next season is due winter/spring. Maybe spring with the way writing assignments have been dumping on me.

That'd be awesome! :D

You like my story? :D

Nevermind...

If I am behind Lufia 3DS, it is going to get an international edition whether they like it or not.
---DarkMaster2101

Superdreuzel
Knight

Postby Superdreuzel » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:48 pm

I am outraged that I still have not encountered the game in shops in the Netherlands! Is it even for sale here?!
Image]

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:06 pm

Which is why there should be a european release.
Although I have the feeling that even if it did get an eu release, it would still be kinda hard to find in the Netherlands (depending on who would publish the game).
So far the only place I've seen Lufia DS in a store is Gameshop in The Hague.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Superdreuzel
Knight

Postby Superdreuzel » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:22 pm

Hmm, The Hague is a bit far when you live in the east :(
Image]

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:30 am

According to their site, nedgame sells Lufia DS http://www.nedgame.nl/lufia-curse-of-th ... ls+ds.html
I don't know if there's one near you

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Superdreuzel
Knight

Postby Superdreuzel » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:53 am

It's closer then The Hague, at least
Image]

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:14 pm

Okay, I will not do a let's play of Lufia II, but I may let's play Lufia Curse of the Sinistrals when I get a better computer.

Hopefully by then a decent DS emulator is out.
---DarkMaster2101

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Superdreuzel wrote:It's closer then The Hague, at least

If you don't mind 2nd hand games, then there are few copies on Marktplaats right now.

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”