Lufia I & III Patches (Lufia III Text Cleanup - v1.5, Lufia I Restored - v2.1)

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia: TLR Text Cleanup (v0.13b ALPHA FINAL released!)

Postby vivify93 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:30 pm

Looks like I lied, guys. :cry: I'm sorry. I found one or two things that needed an update, and the documentation desperately needed an update. The AlarmClock has been given a space in its name (Alarm Clock) because there was room for it, and the LghtJackt has been changed to fit the TiteTurban (LiteJacket).

Please apply to a clean US ROM and enjoy! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3TA52POW

EDIT: While I'm here, would anyone be interested in an original spell names patch? Thought Lufia II and Lufia I don't really have enough room for it, Lufia TLR does more or less does, amusingly.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:29 pm

Do you mean the original Japanese names or the English full names like Ice Valkyrie?

I prefer the English names over the Japanese ones because so I just know what they are doing. However, the full English names sounds good.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:15 pm

The original Japanese names, like Fu-Rei and stuff. Anyway, here's what we're looking at.

Strong > Est
Stronger > Esrit
Strongest > Esreet
Champion > Estona
Champion X > Estia
Flash > Le-Gi
Bolt > Le-Gio
Thunder > Le-Gion
Storm > Ele-Gion
Spark > Fu-Lay
Fireball > Fu-Laya
Firebird > Fu-Laiya
Fire Dragon > Efu-Laiya
Gale > Ree-Ah
Blizzard > Ree-Det
Ice Valk > Ree-Delt
Ice Storm > Eree-Delt
Fry > Ga-Iss
Zap > Ga-Iass
Perish > De-Thu
Destroy > De-Vil
Rally > Deldey
Valor > Delual
Warp > Swing
Escape > Tether
Dread > Dreed
Trick > Tweak
Guard > Dif
Defender > Direct
Courage > Zargian
X-Absorb > Absor
Mirror > Mirral
Drowsey > Sley
Sleep > Skrey
Confuse > Feeg
Madness > Feegwa
Mute > Muur
Silence > Muujir
Spell Break > Deeza
Awaken > Wake
Release > Paryze
Poison > Poisna
Reduce > De-Prosa
Resistance > Piable
Help > Piana

Gaia Blade > GaIssSword
Slay Spkr > SleySpeakr
Burn Ring > FuLay Ring
Chill Ring > ReeAh Ring
Flash Ring > LeGi Ring
Burn R S > FuLayRingX
Chill R S > ReeAhRingX
Flash R S > LeGi RingX
F.BallRing > FuLayaRing
Bolt Ring > LeGio Ring
Blzrd.Ring > ReeDetRing

Bolt Attack > LeGi Slash
Fire Attack > FuLay Slash
Ice Attack > ReeAh Slash
Holy Attack > GaIss Slash

...And any others I may have missed.

EDIT: Just looked. "Strong" is in the dictionary, while "Bolt" is not. As matter of fact, I think I can even correct "Bolt" to "Flash" in the normal patch...

EDIT2: I corrected Seena's "Bolt!" to "Flash!", meaning we can write out "Le-Gi" with the dash.
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia 1 and 3 text cleanups (L3: v0.14 ALPHA, L1: v0.1 T

Postby vivify93 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:33 am

Since no one has shown interest in that sort of patch, I won't be making one. You've gotta give voice to your opinion, lurkers! :P

A new version of the Lufia: TLR patch is out. You can find it in the first post of this topic, as well as here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7GR7BGOV

Speaking of the front page, you may have noticed two things. The first is relatively minor; it's an update to the introduction to the patch. The other is a major release: my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom text cleanup patch.

What that patch aims to do is bring it up to Lufia II and Lufia III's standards in terminology, names and--my favorite word :P--nomenclature! The three things I'm choosing to highlight are as follows.

1. Restored graphics for the priest and the bunny girls on Forfeit Island.

2. Reverts the various ciders to alcoholic beverages. Lufia can now drink gin!

3. Names for items, equipment, spells, and most monsters have been revised to conform to the standards provided by Artemis64 and myself in our respective projects.

However, there is a catch: I currently have no drive whatsoever to play through Lufia & the Fortress of Doom again. That's why this version, unlike Lufia: The Legend Returns' first release, is named "version 0.1 TEST." That's right; I want you guys to play this and make sure there are no more issues, bugs or discrepancies with the new item and spell titles. The preferred method of relaying bugs etc. is by posting in this thread.

You can find a link to the patch in both the first post of this topic, as well as here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0I7ELB89

If you're playing on an emulator--which you very well should be--I recommend using the "walk faster" code for Lufia I, which is 01982920.

I have one more announcement to make and a request. First of all, the Lufia: The Ruins of Lore patch I had promised will not be released. I apologize deeply for canceling something, but after playing through The Ruins of Lore, I find it to be a subpar game not worth my time nor the Lufia title. I played nearly all the way to the end, so please don't tell me I didn't try.

Finally, my request. A few months ago, I underwent through a hard drive crash and lost all my files--including my Lufia: The Legend Returns save with Start Over mode unlocked. If one of you out there has the capabilities to, would you send a save file either at the very end of the game or with Star Over mode already unlocked my way? You can upload it to MegaUpload or another file-sharing website and private message it to me.

Thanks in advance for testing and answering my request, and please do enjoy the new releases! :)

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:18 pm

I don't know if this helps... This might be handy if you just wanted to view scenes. This code let's you visit most locations of the game (I think some just gave a black screen). So if you used this on a new gamefile you could just go to a location and trigger a scene. Although then you'd need to use a code to increase stats or something, or else you'd die in battles =P

01FF7CCF

Image Image

I recommend using this code on the worldmap.

Most of my TLR savefiles are from the Eu version.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:46 am

Thanks SinReVi! That worked like a charm! Heh, I beat the game in 50 minutes... That's a tool-assisted speed run if I've ever done one! :P

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia 1 and 3 text cleanups (L3: v0.14a, L1: v0.1a)

Postby vivify93 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:01 am

A new update is available for both patches.

Here's the link to the new Lufia: The Legend Returns text cleanup patch: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7V7MY5B5

Here's the link to the new Lufia & the Fortress of Doom text cleanup patch: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7NEITITI

The TLR cleanup features a restored Lufia II reference in the IP skills; the tFoD cleanup is basically finalized.

As always, apply the IPS to a clean US ROM. Please enjoy this release!

goobers
Red Jelly

Postby goobers » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:02 am

I'm having trouble applying the Lufia 1 patch. I have what I believe to be a US ROM, size is 1,049,088 bytes

Both snes9x and ZSNES blackscreen when I try to load the game with the ips in the same directory.

If I try to patch it using snestool, it gives me a No File Cut, IPS2 Size Error

Any help?

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:41 pm

I sent you a PM asking you a question. A new version of the L1 cleanup is about to be released, so please wait until your issue is resolved and the new version is out to start playing! :)

goobers
Red Jelly

Postby goobers » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:24 pm

Yay :)

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:41 am

Here's a link to v0.1b. I hope it's a bit more professional; the Life Source and Power Source are respectively the Power Source and the Great Source. I would've kept them as Life / Power but as it is I can't change it in the dialogue.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z14J667F

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia 1 and 3 text cleanups (L3: v0.14b, L1: v0.2)

Postby vivify93 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:16 pm

New patches are out!

Lufia: The Legend Returns text cleanup, v0.14b - www.megaupload.com/?d=1I80UQ7Q

Lufia & the Fortress of Doom text cleanup, v0.2 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=56GTPSD3

What's new? Well, for starters, the walking speedup code is now a permanent part of the ROM for tFoD, so non-PC emulator users (PSP, DS, Wii, SNES copiers) can walk at the same speed as PC users. In addition, PC users don't have to turn on a code everytime they play the game. Some other menu texts have been changed too, but it's nothing special.

TLR just updates two spell names.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:24 pm

I don't know if this is already changed or not, but if possible, could you include Jerin's name in the description of Artea's Bow in Lufia TLR? I'm pretty sure the NA version only mentions Artea, but the Japanese version also mentioned Jerin's name. (I'm guessing it's saying something about that Artea and Jerin used have used the bow in the past?)

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:57 pm

Already done, ReVi! :D

Code: Select all

- Edited a few item descriptions.
[...]
 Artea attacks all enemies. > Has Artea & Jerin’s power.
[...]

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:53 pm

So it has come to my attention that MegaUpload, after existing for years upon years, has been shut down on account of "piracy" out of the blue. Personal feelings aside, that means the text cleanups can no longer be downloaded.

I do not know any other place that features permanent file hosting short of making a website, but I hope to have this remedied very soon. If nothing else I can make an attachment in the first post.

I apologize for the major inconvenience and thank you for your patience at this time.

EDIT: I decided on MediaFire for the time being. I hope it doesn't ever delete files. .IPSes are legal, if I do recall, so they should be fine for now.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”