Progress of Full Version

Discuss the upcoming fan game by Dekar The Great, Zifanite, and PsiCop.

Moderators: PsiCop, Dekar The Great, Moderator Team

Dekar The Great
Knight

Progress of Full Version

Postby Dekar The Great » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:37 am

Hello all, again, its been awhile, but I've gotten quite a bit done since the demo 2.0.

First off, I've edited the parts that I already had completed (Demo 2.0) and got rid of all the bugs that I can find, and I will also
be having one of my English major friends look over my messy grammatical mistakes.

Secondly, lets talk about what I've done.

- Created all new custom sprites for the Sinistrals, in my opinion, some of my best artistic work yet (outside of battle) (( Also no, they are not the ones in my avatar))

- Created 3 new towns (Larania, Shiou and Diston)

- Created 2 new dungeons (Island Tower and Saou Cave), a third is on its way very soon.

- Added new skill item "Glove" (Allows you to pull objects)

Third, things that I plan to do.

- Create a Kingdom Chipset for the Haija Kingdom

- Figure out a way to add skill item "Arrow" (its a lot harder to make than you think!)

- Create a 2nd Red Hat battle (and fix the 1st)

I'm about halfway done with Ostiaka Continent, and once it is complete, I will begin work on Ferai Continent, which I have a lot of fun ideas for.

Anyways, just wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive!
Lufia V: For the Savior Demo 2.2 and Welcome to Ostiaka Out Now!

Dekar The Great
Knight

Re: Progress of Full Version

Postby Dekar The Great » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:36 am

I recently redid the Lufia V: For the Savior Title Screen/Logo, check it out! Way more crisp than the previous one!

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:57 pm

Looks better quality than the old one =)

Though I still don't like all the numbering beyond "II". Okay, "III" for "TLR" I can understand where that comes from (but for me III is for Ruin Chasers), but not sure how to feel about using Lufia IV for RoL and Lufia V for Lufia DS.

There's even someone who named their Lufia fangame "Lufia VI" because of this game =P (though he might get rid of the number) http://rpgmaker.net/games/3690/

The worst I've seen is someone calling RoL Lufia 2 =P Probably someone who only played the pal version of Lufia II which doesn't use the number, and doesn't know about Lufia I and Lufia TLR, and then calls RoL "Lufia 2"
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:54 pm

I know what you mean, this game used to be called Lufia IV: Fourth War, but only because back then I refused to call Lufia: RoL a "real" Lufia game. When I added the "5" I was really only thinking that this is the 5th Lufia game. Also, WOW, I've never seen Lufia VI! They seem to be using quite a lot of materials from Lufia V, if they plan on continuing off of my story, that would be really neat!

Also.... Lufia V as the DS one? Its a remake, I can't believe people are trying to give it a number.

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:10 pm

GREAT NEWS.... (MAYBE!)

Ever since I began making Lufia V, I have always wanted to somehow implement the on map monsters to move only when the player moves, or swings his sword, and with the Demo 2.0 I had completed
that goal... but now, after a few days of messing around, I have found a way to make it so that the battles occur very much like in Lufia II. What I mean by this, is if you approach the enemy map sprite
from behind, you will get a preemptive attack.

Previously on Lufia V, battles would only take place if the player collided with the enemy sprite, however, this too has been changed. If you are now within 1 square of the enemy sprite, a battle will
take place, just like Lufia II.

I sincerely hope that this new addition will make Lufia V feel even more like a true Lufia game!

But......

The bad part is... the code that I created to do this, is quite confusing and lengthy... I have to manually apply it to each and every monster in the game, which will take quite a lot of time and patience.

I am currently doing that now, but it may further delay the release of the game as it takes away from the dungeon-making and story-progression that I have been working on. Anyways, I think it is necessary.

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:09 am

Don't worry about me. I still lurk LWF once in a while.

At the moment I'm in the middle of finishing my last semester for an associates degree. Also during that time I will be working on my own projects, especially my own IP's so I can't really offer as much help as I used to.

But if you need help with logic (especially with RMK2k3) then I can lend a thought or two. Aside from that, I wish you the best of luck.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

teefa85
Hero of the Lufians

Postby teefa85 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:19 pm

I know that feeling. I get so lazy with RPGMaker coding that I end up never finishing my game ideas (and they're simplistic too which is why I never release them...my last one had characters who work in teams and you can switch but only between members of the same team, which was at least thematic with what it's a fangame of).
Image Click to visit my Dragons.

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:08 am

There are times when I get really frustrated and have to take long breaks (As I'm sure the Lufia Community is quite aware of, considering the delay of this game). Anyways, I've decided to add that bit of code after I finish Ostiaka Continent, then I will implement it, after that I will begin work on Ferai Continent, and lastly, Yu'aea Continent.

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:18 am

I've experimented more with the code I was talking about earlier, and it may be impossible to implement...

Let me try and explain...

It works about 3/4 of the time as intended, however, no matter what I do, there is still 1/4 chance that after fleeing from the battle, the battle then initiates again, and
even more often, the enemy will be 2 squares above the player, but a battle still initiates. I'm trying very hard to try and fix this, but I fear that it may not make it to the
full version of the game. Perhaps it will make an appearance in a patched version, or in a best case scenario I will figure something out. Either way, making quite a bit of
progress on Ostiaka Continent.

Other bad news... I will probably have to push the release date back even farther than Fall 2012, hopefully not much farther. Unlike when I started, I have most all of the art
assets that I require, and a much better understanding of the program itself. The one big issue that I will have is making complex puzzles..

Which is where YOU come in! If you have any puzzle ideas, PLEASE let me know, I will credit you at the end of the game if I choose to accept (and can actually MAKE) your puzzle
idea.

Dekar The Great
Knight

Postby Dekar The Great » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:23 am

UPDATE!!

I will be releasing a Demo 2.1 in the very near future. It addresses many grammatical, gameplay, graphical etc errors that I found in the Demo 2.0, also, a few major changes as well, including
a redone Red Hat battle and some changes to story elements.

There are too many changes to list, but I hope you will check it out.

Note: The demo 2.1 will not have access to Ostiaka Continent or anything that I have worked on past Escasia. That is to be featured only within the full version.

Keep a lookout for updates!

Return to “Lufia V: For the Savior”