Energy Breaker English

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Disnesquick
Red Jelly

Energy Breaker English

Postby Disnesquick » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:35 am

Hi All,

I hope this is of interest to fans of the Lufia series. I have recently finished my translation of Neverland's Energy Breaker. It is from the same team that brought you Lufia and is something of a spiritual prequel, with more than a few nods to the main Lufia series.

Patch is available at http://eb.yuudachi.net/ though I'd advise waiting until tomorrow when the 1.01 patch will be released (corrects a few bugs)

About the Game
Energy Breaker is an isometric strategy RPG developed by Neverland Co. and released by Taito Corporation in 1996. Set on the idyllic Zamlia Island, you play as Myra, an amnesiac young woman with a thirst for adventure. The story begins with Myra being visited in a dream by a mysterious woman calling herself Selphia, only to meet her in real life the next day. On the advice of Selphia, Myra heads to Eltois, the Wind Forest, hoping to catch up with a man who may know about her past. Shortly after arriving at the Wind Forest, Myra joins up with Lenardo, an old scientist who's hunting for the Reincarnation, a legendary flower whose scent is said to have the power to bring the dead back to life...

Gameplay

Though Energy Breaker is a strategy RPG, unlike most SRPGs, you can freely explore your surroundings and talk to characters between battles. In fact, it's more like a normal JRPG with an SRPG-style battle system. The basics of battle have much in common with other SRPGs, but some additional stats, Balance and Energy, will give you something to think about. You need Balance points to perform actions, like moving or attacking, and you need to develop and manage your characters Energy levels for each element to unlock or use different skills. You'll also need to keep a close eye on your characters' life as well - the more damage they've sustained, the slower they'll regain Balance.

The game rewards exploration: most maps have hidden paths and treasure, and searching every inch of the environment often turns up useful items and occasionally, items or events that flesh out the story. If you're the kind of player that likes hugging walls and hammering the A Button, this is the game for you!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yos5wcO-KDE

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Re: Energy Breaker English

Postby SinReVi » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:49 pm

There's already a topic about this in the General Gaming board, but I'll leave this open because of the information you wrote.
Anyway, I'm happy that it's finally finished! =)
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”