Cut Off

Online roleplaying takes place in this board. No out-of-character posts are allowed here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Cut Off

Postby Guard Daos » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:00 pm

Dawn is a beautiful sight in Aleyn. Nothing soothes the soul like the feeling of the first rays of light of the day glistening on the eastern sea.

"THIS IS RIDICULOUS!"

Indeed, the city thrives on travellers who come to stop by and take in the breathtaking view.

"How could you just allow this to happen?"

Bathed in a soft golden light, they forget all troubles, sit down and feel a soft calmness glide over them, as all sorrow washes away in a sea of tranquility.

"ENOUGH!" the man bellowed. "I've wasted enough time here. I'm going after them, and if I don't find them, I'll come back for more shouting."
The innkeeper fidgeted with his book. "I... you have to pay for your visit..."
The man glowered. "I need to find my money first, don't I!"
"Y- yes, I see that. Of course... But you see, it is customary here to..."
The man, who'd almost stormed off, glared back at the innkeeper, cutting off his stammering. Without another word, he burst out of the inn.

Protecting his eyes from the light with his hand, the man scanned the surroundings, cursing to himself under his breath. His dark brown hair was curling in all directions, and his only clothes were a sleeveless shirt and a pair of underpants. His eyes darted around. "Where to, where to..."

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Re: Cut Off

Postby Shade-Duelist » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:15 pm

Dawn is a beautiful sight indeed, especially in the town of Aleyn, with its seaside splendors and sights. The delicate palette of orange, pink and even pale green hues that color the skies...

"Oh COME ON!!"

The shimmering of the newly-risen sun on the waves, reflecting the light and making morning all the brighter...

"You said six! I even came fifteen minutes earlier to be sure!!"

It truly is the jewel of Northland, the gateway to the splendorous kingdoms of Alunze, Parcelyte and Bound, the cornerstone of trade and travel...

"This is the worst! I came all the way from Tanbel - from freakin' Tanbel! - to go to Gruberik, I took special care to ask you, the supposed 'harbormaster', when the ship sailing for the island was due, and now you tell me the ship's departed already?!"
"B-but I-", the sailor stammered at the sight of the woman standing in front of him, her brown eyes spitting fire and her curly golden hair shaking nearly as bad as her hands as she clenched and unclenched them into fists. Her plate armor shone in the early sun's rays as she shifted her weight.
"No excuses! When's the next ship due?!"
"I-I don't know-"
"Well, you'd better find out quickly, or I'm throwing you in after the blasted ship!!", she stormed, her hand settling on the handle of her axe - the harbormaster, who was by no means weak or cowardly, didn't trust the woman's anger and fled the scene quickly while she turned away from him. "...Oh Lord have mercy on simpletons like him... Well, looks like my ship has sailed yet again... darn it, should've stayed in Merix, they were friendly... or Bound, at least their castle's got nice beds... well, better pack it up back to the inn...", she sighed, slinging her travel bag back over her shoulder and heading towards the building behind her without really paying much attention to her surroundings.
Strongest Duelist in the world! *cue music*

The second thing I'm best at is writing! Hah, check it out!

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:32 pm

The man seemed to have made up his mind, and made a sudden dash for the harbour-

BAM!

He ran straight into the angered woman, crashing headfirst into her armour. The recoil knocked him backwards. He instantly jumped back up, muttering an apology. He ran on in a daze. Or at least he tried to, but after two steps the dizziness caught up to him and he collapsed forward.

...Ow.

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:48 pm

Suddenly, the woman found herself colliding with a man in a sleeveless shirt and a pair of long underpants, looking disheveled - he staggered back a few steps from their run-in, muttering something that was probably meant as an apology but that only fuelled her ire.

"You dolt, what's the...?!"

However, after a few steps away from her, in the direction of the harbor, he dropped to his knees in a daze, and she blinked, all her anger leaving her.

"...Hey, you alright there?"

She bridged the distance between them, dropping slowly to her knees, her leg armor creaking softly. He really looked like he was about to collapse, and the fact that he was in the middle of a town wearing nothing but his underwear probably wouldn't help matters any. Looking at the inn, she wondered why he'd been leaving there in his somewhat odd choice of wardrobe - maybe, she mused, he hadn't had money enough for the inn and the innkeeper had kept his clothes for payment. The thought caused her to snicker and remember how her own town's innkeeper had done that to an unfortunate pair of thieves that had tried to steal from her. 'Well, no, Hilda is worse than this innkeeper - she didn't allow those guys to even keep their tighty-whities... and then half the militia ran those unfortunate fools out of town...' She laughed before turning her attention back to the man.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:28 pm

As his vision came back into focus, he saw the woman's face close to his. A slight grin formed on his face. "The princess kissed the prince awake, and they lived happily ever after. The End."
He reached for his head, and felt the lump on top. "Ugh... what a day."
He looked up at her. "Say. You wouldn't happen to be a bandit, or know any around here?"

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:51 am

She was relieved to see the man grin again after a second or three, saying something inane about a princess kissing a prince awake and snorted.
"You, my friend, are hardly a prince, and I'm not a princess, not by far. Just your ordinary girl in full plate armor with an axe to grind. In some monster skulls." The man looked relatively okay, so after he was done touching the tender bump on his head, she offered him her hand so he could get back up off the ground.
"Hey, do I look like a bandit?", she said a little annoyedly at his question, but then, she relaxed again, musing that it wasn't the man's fault for speaking without thinking first - she had scrambled his brains a little by running into him in full armor. "...I'm not a bandit. And I don't know anyone around here - unless you count that weakling of a harbormaster, I've gotten to know him pretty bloody well. Stupid idiot, doesn't even know when his own ships sail... Uh, so bandits, huh?", she said airily, willing herself to calmth again.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:50 am

Taking her hand, he got back up. "Ah, yeah. Thing is, I have a ship to catch by six o'clock, giving us ten minutes to get my stuff back. The name's Jake, lovely to meet you, I'm sure I can return the favour. Now let's find them. Unless those bar steward have already left by ship..."
He paused a minute to consider what she'd just said. "Wait, harbourmaster? What'd he do?"

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:08 pm

His explanation, as he got up, was hurried and frantic, but she managed to get the most important parts of it - his name was Jake, someone took his clothes, and he needed to catch a ship by six o'clock-

Oh rats.

"...That ship has sailed. Literally, I mean. The six o'clock ship to Gruberik, no? It's already out in the open sea. Damned harbormaster told me six o'clock as well, yesterday, but either he lied or he's as incompetent as... as... as a gardener in Bound Kingdom!", she raged, though she calmed down again relatively quickly. "...Well, since we're in about the same situation - out one ship. Well, your situation is a little worse than mine, of course, since you're in your undies and I'm not, thank the Lord... We could go terrorize the harbormaster into sending a fast sloop after the damn ship, it's not like whoever took your clothes has got anywhere to go to if we catch up to them... Ah, by the way, the name's Adeline, pleased to meet you.", she added as an afterthought, patting him on the shoulder.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:12 pm

"Well, there's a thought. Off we go!"
He was about to run to the harbour. "Wait, but what if they didn't escape by boat? They could be in town, on land, on sea..." He glanced in the air. "Argh, decisions! Where's that deus ex machina to help us decide where to go?"
He looked around. It was still early, and few people were about. The few townsfolk who were up avoided eye contact with the two trouble makers.
"You know what, let's go with the most spectacular idea. Let's get us a boat! Although I find myself better at terrifying people when I actually have my sword with me..."

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:42 am

When he instantly said that that was a good idea, she grinned and was right behind him, but his second thought was valid as well, and she groaned.
"Oh, damn, I didn't think about that possibility... well, if they're on land, they won't get very far, though, Phantom Mountain is still full of monsters and the shrine to Bound is being locked off - something to do with a ceremony in the kingdom and the army and- you know what, I don't even remember all the particulars of that! Wasn't paying attention while armwrestling the locals, hehe..." When he suggested getting a boat, she nodded, her grin growing positively wicked.
"Oh, alright, now we're talkin'! Maybe that runt of a harbormaster can cut us a deal!" The remark about his having a sword was met with a chuckle and she nudged her head towards the shop.
"Come on - I'm not giving you my sword, I've spent far too long with it to just give it to the first guy in distress, but I can buy you one. And maybe some clothes as well, come to think of it. A guy like you is probably far more scary in an outfit that doesn't show off his assets so much. Not that I'm looking at them, not anymore at least." When he didn't move right away, she moved her hands impatiently. "Well come on, time's a-wasting and those thieves are getting away! With your clothes!"

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:39 am

"My... assets." Mother of Alekdias, is this girl hitting on me? What would the family say if they caught word that their Jake has a girl? Who would've thought that I'd run into a woman wanting to be my wife for the rest of her days? Ah, but surely that can't be right? When have I ever been a ladies' man? Although I suppose my arms have gotten a bit broader lately... Oh Jake, who are you kidding? You look amazing. Oh stop it you, no you stop it. But what if-
"Well come on, time's a-wasting and those thieves are getting away! With your clothes!"
He was jerked out of his thoughts. "Ah! Yes! Quite right. Let's go."

Twenty minutes later, they emerged from the shop. Jake was wearing a thick cloth and some pants, and carrying a long staff. "It's a pity they don't sell swords, but I'll make it work."
He looked at her. "You're quite generous."
He twirled the staff in his hands, then suddenly turned around. "Don't move. I'll be right back."
He ran back into the inn, and came back shortly with a small light-blue book in his hand. "It was still on my pillow. I must have fallen asleep on top of it while studying it. If only I'd been studying my sword, this whole thing would have been less of a problem..."
He pointed towards the harbour. "Is that the man you were talking about?"

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:54 pm

Adeline shook her head as the man walked with her to the shop, looking like he'd been startled out of deep thoughts. Despite having said she wouldn't look at him like that, she caught herself giving him another once-over. He didn't look half-bad in underwear-

'Oh no, remember why you travelled this way in the first place! Remember him, Adeline! You wanna impress the man of your dreams, you're going to have to dive into that dungeon and come out shining with freakin' Iris Treasures from head to foot, no distractions!'

Shaking her head, she took her coinpurse and grinned as it felt heavy. At least armwrestling half the Bound army had netted her a nice little travel allowance. Maybe spending it on this guy would get her a little of her good fortune back...

Twenty minutes later, her coinpurse was a little lighter and Jake a little more decently dressed, in a thick cloth shirt and pants. He quickly dashed back inside the inn, coming back out with a small blue book that he said he'd been studying, causing her to smile and look at the little book curiously.
"Oh, are you a scholar or something? Heh, nice... and as for the generosity, it's nothing, really. I'm paying it forward, so to speak. One day, you'll maybe meet someone that needs a hand, and then you'll remember me and help out. Heh, if everyone did just one little good thing, the world would be a whole lot nicer, don't you know?", she said softly, looking him over again. He held the staff he'd bought like he'd handled one more often, so it wasn't too bad that the store owner had said he didn't sell any swords, and Adeline felt a little more confident, especially when her new companion pointed out the figure of the harbormaster. 'Oh, this is going to be a joy...', she caught herself thinking as she moved to the unfortunate soul, catching his arm and gaining her a soft gasp of surprise.
"O-oh no - I mean, my l-lady, I d-didn't find the next ship for Gruberik y-ye-yet-", he stammered, only for her to shake her head.
"Change of plans, mister 'I'm afraid your ship has literally sailed into the sunrise' - we think that some thieves got onto the damn ship that sailed off, so we're going after it, and for that we need a boat. And preferably someone that can steer it. Or pilot it, whichever the right term is."

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:11 pm

"A scholar? That'll be the day... No, this is actually a magic tome. They're actually like little fairy-tale books once you get past the complicated language and drawings. I suppose you could call me a magic hobbyist."
He smiled at her do-good theory. "I like it, but it's flawed. As soon as someone is helped who's to selfish to help someone too, the chain breaks, and everyone will fall back to earth and remember that humans are really bar steward."

They'd reached the harbour master. Jake smirked as Adeline shouted at him. I'll let her handle this one.
"...we think that some thieves got onto the damn ship that sailed off..."
He froze suddenly. Thieves on a ship...? No...
"NO!" he yelled, his face white. "If they... if THEY are on that ship... everyone on that ship is going to die. Man, you've got to get us after them!"
He squinted at the horizon. He couldn't make out a ship. "It might be too late... We must find them, we must!"

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:28 pm

When he called himself a 'magic hobbyist', Adeline smiled.
"...huh, magic. Yeah, that's not for me, I'm afraid. More of the 'axe first, ask later' kind of mindset myself! But magic is great, really useful and all... I'll bet you're good with it, too." When he commented on her words about doing good, she sighed and nodded, not feeling up to admitting that he was right, though her thoughts on that fell away against the joy of scaring the harbormaster out of his wits.

...Until, of course, Jake scared her a little by suddenly turning pale as a sheet and yelling 'NO!' at the top of his voice. His further words made her heart skip a couple of contractions - who were those thieves, if they were that dangerous?! Or was this just a way for him to get them a ship at a good price? Regardless, she went along with it instantly.
"Lord almighty... you hear the man, you fool of a harbormaster! If there's a ship, a fast ship, we can get onto to follow them, get us there and get us sailing as soon as possible!!"
"O-okay, okay!", the man said, running off as fast as his legs could carry him, into one of the smaller houses that lined the quayside. Adeline took the opportunity to turn to Jake.
"...hey, what... those thieves, are they really that dangerous?", she asked her new companion earnestly, her hand resting on the handle of her axe for her own personal reassurance.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Postby Guard Daos » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:27 pm

Jake's expression turned dark. "They're not thieves. If I'm right, they're not even human. The only reason I assumed they were bandits is that I never thought the Matar would be break into a house just for my personal belongings... but it would fit. Matar are water spirits with an inbred desire to live the life of a human. Human wannabees, if you will. They pickpocket human trinkets, clothes, or souls. Imagine what a feast they have on board a ship..."
The harbour master was tentatively approaching them. Jake turned to him. "I hope you have good news for us."

Return to “The Roleplay”