Hello to the Good Persons of Lufia World

Are you new to the forums? Come and introduce yourself here then!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Terry93D
Villager

Hello to the Good Persons of Lufia World

Postby Terry93D » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:38 pm

Hello! As you might guess by my username, I am going by the name Terry93D (one of my two main Internet names). I have joined Lufia World because as of late I have become a fan of the series...

...sort of.

My attention was first attracted to the series via the Lufia II soundtrack. Soon enough, I'd given it a listen. A while later, I gave it another listen. I then progressed to the first Lufia soundtrack before my attention wandered away for a while, but it returned at the prospect of The Legend Returns, and recently I've given as much of a listen as I can to Curse of the Sinistrals - shockingly, there is very little in the way of music there. Some or most of the soundtrack, but - as far as I can tell - only two of the 12 'grand arrangements' from the soundtrack release.

So I suppose for the sake of accuracy that I am a Lufia music fan, as I've played none of the games. I lack an SNES, and I don't trust my computer to do anything it can't already do, so that rules emulation out. I have a Game Boy, a Game Boy Color, and a Game Boy Advance, but don't have batteries. I have a DS, but it doesn't work. I have a 3DS, but my money is currently going to The Legend of Legacy, and then after that a few books and a movie. So it'll probably be quite some time until I actually get around to playing a game from this series I proclaim myself to be half a fan of. (I am in an identical situation with the SaGa series: listened to soundtracks, never played a game from it.)

Out of the Lufia soundtracks I have listened to, I would have to say my favorites are Lufia II and The Legend Returns. My favorite rendition of The Last Duel is the grand arrangement from the Curse of the Sinistrals soundtrack release - it just takes an already memorable piece to a new level - though before I discovered that The Legend Returns' rendition held that title, and my favorite overall piece from the entire series is Watchtowers of the Seal, aka The Turret Forgotten, aka The Three Towers.

...and that's me! And my connection to Lufia.

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Re: Hello to the Good Persons of Lufia World

Postby SinReVi » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:44 am

Welcome to Lufia World!
It's a bit quiet, but I hope you still like it here.

Lufia the Legend Returns is available on the 3DS Virtual Console for... I think it was 10 euros/dollars.

I think my overall favourite Lufia music would be To the Future.
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

bad_guy
Sinistral Slayer

Postby bad_guy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:35 pm

Hey, welcome to the forum! I'm glad I'm not the only Lufia fan who hasn't played any Lufia game at all :P
Drommels, drommels en nog eens drommels!

Terry93D
Villager

Postby Terry93D » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:49 pm

bad_guy wrote:Hey, welcome to the forum! I'm glad I'm not the only Lufia fan who hasn't played any Lufia game at all :P

Oh thank god, I'm not the only one!

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:16 pm

One time convinced him to play Lufia II and he got stucked at the Tarantula and never continued playing.
When I convinced bad_guy to play Lufia I he gave up at the Daos battle... the one in the prologue! (he was scared)

(both happened years and years ago. bad_guy was probably around 7-9 years old)

This year I convinced him to play Lufia II with me over the summer, but he completely forgot about it!

Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals

~ OUT NOW! 2010

Shade-Duelist
Knight

Postby Shade-Duelist » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:55 am

SinReVi wrote:One time convinced him to play Lufia II and he got stucked at the Tarantula and never continued playing.
When I convinced bad_guy to play Lufia I he gave up at the Daos battle... the one in the prologue! (he was scared)

(both happened years and years ago. bad_guy was probably around 7-9 years old)

This year I convinced him to play Lufia II with me over the summer, but he completely forgot about it!

bad_guy sounds super forgetful. I'm glad I'm not the only one :D
Strongest Duelist in the world! *cue music*

The second thing I'm best at is writing! Hah, check it out!

Return to “New Members”