Lufia I & III Patches (Lufia III Text Cleanup - v1.5, Lufia I Restored - v2.1)

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarkMaster2101
Arek's Apprentice

Re: Lufia 1 and 3 text cleanups (L3: v0.14b, L1: v0.2)

Postby DarkMaster2101 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:43 am

I read about MegaUpload getting shut down on the news. It's like the act was done solely to prove that the US can enforce anti-piracy to support SOPA's release.

I'm glad they can enforce anti-piracy. However shutting down MegaUpload is a very dick move.

And if you want, I'll rant about this in another topic.

Also, who knows when Mediafire is going to be shut down.
---DarkMaster2101

"Nonsense was beginning!"

Crysta Blade
Red Jelly

Postby Crysta Blade » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:20 am

A text cleanup for TLR, you say? How lovely! I must try it out!
Also known as Suicune Girl.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:50 pm

I hope you like it, Crysta Blade! :mrgreen:
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

SinReVi
High God of the Lufians

Postby SinReVi » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:41 pm

Is this already changed?
- One of the items (a ring???) in TLR says that it equiping it will enable you to use Defile, but when you look at the actual magic list of the equipped character he has gained the spell Destroy. (I guess Natsume didn't bother to look up the english spell name since Defile is from the japanese spell name デ・バイル )

Speaking of names, the attack names of Mousse are the same as Foomy from Lufia II. (Foomy and Mousse are both called Mousse in the japanese versions) (I prefer the attack names used in TLR)
Mousse Punch = Foomy Punch
Mousse Double Punch = Mega Punch
Tail Illusion = Tail Smash
Mysterious Bubble = Bubble Blow
Headbutt is the same, and I'm not sure but maybe his Dash is Tackle?
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW! 2010

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:21 am

I changed it. I can't find the word "Defile" in the ROM at least. And all the capsule monsters' attack names have been changed to their Frue Lufia equivalents.

Code: Select all

Mousse Double Punch   Dual Punch*
Tail Illusion         Tail Mirage
Head Butt             Headbutt
Dash                  Bodyslam
Mysterious Bubble     Bubble Blow
Angel’s Whisper       Whisper
Angel’s Cheer         Cheering
Clean Prayer          Prayer
Clean Light           Purification
Sphere Attack         Bolt Attack
Sphere Anger          Thunder Rage
Flame Knuckle         Flame Punch
Hell Fire Breath      Terminate
Fire Rain             Burning Rain
Bomb Hell             Inferno
Iron Sword            Iron Claw
Sickle                Twister
High-Speed Wind       Tornado Blow
Cyclone Power         Cyclone Blow
Earth Anger           Earth Rage
Shake Down            Shakedown
Dark Lightning        Dark Thunder
Demonic Aura          Evil Aura
Dragon Breath         Dragon Blast
Rush                  Dash
Meteor                Thunderblast
Thunder Arm           Thunder Fist
Double Thunder Arm    Dual Fist
Seal Magic            Magic Freeze
"Fortune-telling is all about the result. It doesn't matter how you get there." - Seena
Download my Lufia & the Fortress of Doom and Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup patches!

Artemis
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Artemis » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:16 am

Glad you like the Frue Lufia names. :)

However, honestly I prefer also some of the TLR names, but due to limited space I had to choose shorter names.
Can't remember everything, but for example I would have preferred Tail Illusion over Tail Mirage. Illusion was just too long.

Just wanted to say that my names might be the worse choice compared to TLR in some cases.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Postby vivify93 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:42 am

I like how Tail Mirage rolls of my tongue better. The only ones I really like better than the ones used in Frue Lufia are Cyclone Power and Dragon Breath... and there's no real reason to just change two names out of an entire set.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia 1 and 3 text cleanups (L3: v0.15, L1: v0.2a)

Postby vivify93 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:11 am

I have decided to make a FileDen account and am now using that to host the patches.

Lufia: The Legend Returns Text Cleanup, v0.15 - http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/6/12/ ... nv0-15.zip
Lufia & the Fortress of Doom Text Cleanup, v0.2a - http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/6/12/ ... nv0-2a.zip

TFoD doesn't have very much of a substantial update to it, but TLR features a few reverted names. Feel free to try them out!

Alternatively, Lufia: The Legend Returns is now on ROMhacking.net! - http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/813/

Please enjoy the new releases. :)

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia I and III text cleanups (Lufia III - v0.17, Lufia I - v0.3)

Postby vivify93 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:01 pm

I should just submit Lufia & the Fortress of Doom to RHDN already... but here's a Ze Bucket link to v0.3 of the Lufia I text cleanup.

http://www.bwass.org/bucket/LI_textcleanv0-3.zip

Changes:

Code: Select all

- Removed “pcs” (As in “gold pcs”) in the after battle text.

- Removed “nomenclature_changes.TXT”. I felt it was unnecessary to the scope of the project.

- Edited the readme to cut out some of the excess fluff.

- Reverted a spell name and an enemy attack name.
(Succumb > Destroy > Succumb
 Destroy > Ravage  > Destroy)

- Changed some spell names.
(Valor > Raise  > Cheer
 Stone > Soften > Unstone
 Elf   > Aterut > Ateret)

- JCE3000GT upgraded the walk faster patch. Here’s what the changes entail:
 1. It now works in the Lost Forest and the prologue and sunken versions of the Fortress of Doom!
 2. The airship and ship sailing speeds also gain massive boosts.
  The Sweet Water and Foul Water bugs are, unfortunately, still there. Thank you, JCE3000GT!

- Reverted an enemy name.
(Steel Lord > Hellknight > Steel Lord)

- Fixed some consistency for an in-game joke.

- Lufia and Selan can now equip the Zircon Rod, Zircon Robe, Zircon Wrist, and Zircon Beret. To
  account for this, Selan now comes equipped with the Zircon Rod and Zircon Robe, instead of the
  Silver Rod and Silver Robe, in the prologue. Thanks again to JCE3000GT for this!

- Also, Artea comes equipped with the Mach Heels instead of the Cat Heels, since his role is to be
  a speedster. One last thanks to JCE3000GT! Check out his sweet new program, Lufia & the Fortress
  of Doom Multi Editor. http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1052/
  I used it to make these changes!

- I fixed some minor self-induced typos.
(Hair Band > Hairband > Hair Band
 Fry Pan   > Frypan   > Frying Pan)

- Edited an attack name to avoid a typo.
(Melanchoy > Sorrowful)

The changelog is also now in "top-to-bottom with oldest change first" format, as opposed to my confusing "bottom-to-top with oldest change last" arrangement.

Lufia III is v0.17 by now, and you can find that on Romhacking.net.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia I and III text cleanups (Lufia III - v0.20, Lufia I - v0.3)

Postby vivify93 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:49 pm

Alrighty, Lufia & the Fortress of Doom Text Cleanup is now uploaded to ROMhacking.net. Get it here, though there have been no version changes.

Lufia: The Legend Returns' Text Cleanup has received an update to v0.20. Why such a large leap from v0.17? Because I wanted it to have a nice round number due to the fact that the internal checksum of the ROM has been fixed, which means this mod will now work on a 3DS. I really wish someone had told me about this before! You can still get it here. No other changes have been made to this.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia I and III text cleanups (Lufia III - v0.20, Lufia I - v0.4)

Postby vivify93 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:27 pm

Lufia & the Fortress of Doom Text Cleanup v0.4 is out. Now the Foul Water and Sweet Water expiration messages will appear, but unfortunately they can now wear off while you're walking around town. I think that's a fair trade-off, to be honest.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia I and III text cleanups (Lufia III - v0.20, Lufia I - v1.0)

Postby vivify93 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:22 am

Lufia I Text Cleanup is now 1.0 and officially complete! Here's a list of what's new in 1.0.

- Text bleep noise now stays when you set message speed to "Fast"
- Crosses restored to church walls
- Sound defaults to Stereo instead of Mono when you open the game / start a new game file
- Guard Daos' attacks have been restored to its attacks in Estpolis Denki. Its new moveset: Melanchoy (Sorrowful), Chaos, Destroy, Amnesia, Wail, Elegion (Skywrath), Glacier, Vulcan, Flood, Dread (Note that Melanchoy appearing to do nothing seems to be intentional)

Enjoy!

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Re: Lufia I and III text cleanups (Lufia III - v0.20, Lufia I - v1.0)

Postby Guard Daos » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:59 pm

Wow, that's awesome! I'm impressed you've kept going on. And glad to hear my namesake's been restored to his former glory, rather than the cheap play-dirty I faced.

vivify93
Hero of the Lufians

Re: Lufia I & III Patches (Lufia III Text Cleanup - v0.20, Lufia I Restored - v2.0)

Postby vivify93 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:48 am

Indeed he has! And more updates are coming.

Lufia I: v2.0
- The project name has changed from Lufia & the Fortress of Doom Text Cleanup to Lufia & the Fortress of Doom Restored.
- Restored the item descriptions from Estpolis Denki! Press the X Button while the cursor is pointing to an item to receive the item’s description. As I don’t know Japanese, I pulled many descriptions from Frue Lufia and suicune girl’s item translations from the Japanese version of Lufia: The Legend Returns. I also had to make up descriptions for a good chunk of them. (Credit to rainponcho for creating the text insertion tool and expanding the ROM)
- Restored the crosses to Ruan’s church. (Credit to rainponcho)
- Your party now no longer reverts to the old, slow walking speed when stepping off a vehicle. (Credit to rainponcho)
- Sweet Water and Foul Water can no longer expire in towns, but fast walking speed is still maintained! (Credit to rainponcho)
- As a result of these changes, the ROM has been expanded from 1 MB to 1.50 MB. (Credit to rainponcho)
- As far as I'm concerned, this project is finished.

Lufia III: v1.0
- No release yet, but Rainponcho has demystified the text dictionary and now I can eradicate any remaining typos and grammatical errors in the dialogue. All of the typos SinReVi reported at this project's first release back in 2009 that I wasn't able to fix then have been corrected. No more Artia or Arty! I'm picking away slowly at this.
Last edited by vivify93 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Guard Daos
High God of the Lufians

Re: Lufia I & III Patches (Lufia III Text Cleanup - v0.20, Lufia I Restored - v2.0)

Postby Guard Daos » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:48 pm

From 1.0 to 2.0 so quickly! I find myself impressed once more. Good going, guys! Thanks a lot for all your efforts.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”