ANCIENT CAVE

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

dragon_slayer77
Red Jelly

ANCIENT CAVE

Postby dragon_slayer77 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:03 am

ok ive been down to b99 defeated the jelly and he gave me nuthin
do u have to get all the iris treasures first? :x

Mehmet Ozkan
Villager

Postby Mehmet Ozkan » Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:57 pm

Its only a training I think for the surviving and sime Treasure you must be have it I do not tha Ancient cave I have no time for that I will save the Lufia's world good luck.
Maxim.

[center]Image
Name: Steel King
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage[/center]

Nevfangiel
Soldier

Re: ANCIENT CAVE

Postby Nevfangiel » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:30 pm

dragon_slayer77 wrote:ok ive been down to b99 defeated the jelly and he gave me nuthin

I never beat the Ancient Cave (shamefully, yes...), but my sister has. I've seen her do it some times now. She got the key and the last Iris Treasure (which is the Jelly itself) by killing off all of her characters, as odd as it may sound, instead of killing the Jelly. She never destroyed the Jelly, though, so maybe there are different outcomes. Next time when you reach the last level of the cave, try killing off your characters instead. After that you should receive a key (for the locked door behind the Cave's keeper) and the last Iris Treasure (which you automatically receive after you kill yourself when in battle with the Jelly).

It could also be that you did receive both the key and the treasure and you just don't know it. Try opening the locked door behind the old man first before you do what I said above. Just in case.

Hope that helped ^__^

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:32 pm

You have to kill the Master Jelly in 3 or 4 (no more than that) turns. I believe he kills himself after that.

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:49 pm

dragon_slayer77 wrote:ok ive been down to b99 defeated the jelly and he gave me nuthin

did you actually beat it or did it run after 3 or so turns?

It's supposed to give you a key when you finish...

Mehmet Ozkan
Villager

Postby Mehmet Ozkan » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:18 pm

Is that so important to defeat al that monster and play of the Ancient cave.
Maxim.

[center]Image

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:29 pm

Nevfangiel wrote:

I never beat the Ancient Cave (shamefully, yes...), but my sister has. I've seen her do it some times now. She got the key and the last Iris Treasure (which is the Jelly itself) by killing off all of her characters, as odd as it may sound, instead of killing the Jelly. She never destroyed the Jelly, though, so maybe there are different outcomes. Next time when you reach the last level of the cave, try killing off your characters instead. After that you should receive a key (for the locked door behind the Cave's keeper) and the last Iris Treasure (which you automatically receive after you kill yourself when in battle with the Jelly).

It could also be that you did receive both the key and the treasure and you just don't know it. Try opening the locked door behind the old man first before you do what I said above. Just in case.

Hope that helped ^__^

I heard that if you kill yourself you'll get the key but not the last Iris treasure because...

*Possible Spoiler*

... the jelly is the last Iris Treasure =\
Fan Fic Character of the hour:

Appears in: Guardians, Sapphire Awakens.

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

Nevfangiel
Soldier

Postby Nevfangiel » Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:11 pm

Cyrus_Soulfire wrote:I heard that if you kill yourself you'll get the key but not the last Iris treasure because...

*Possible Spoiler*

... the jelly is the last Iris Treasure =\

But she did kill her characters off when in the battle with the Jelly, and indeed did receive the last Iris Treasure.

Mehmet Ozkan
Villager

Postby Mehmet Ozkan » Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:11 pm

What is the Possible spoiler is that the weapon or other something. Is jelly so difficult to defeat what is the strongest attack between him please help me and I will try it.
Maxim.

[center]Image

Nevfangiel
Soldier

Postby Nevfangiel » Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:02 pm

Mehmet Ozkan wrote:What is the Possible spoiler is that the weapon or other something. Is jelly so difficult to defeat what is the strongest attack between him please help me and I will try it.

Actually, the Jelly doesn't attack you (except for in the beginning--that attack gives you back your magic and health points, but it will lower your attack power or defense or something like that). You have three or four turns, like Kari said, to attack it. If you can't kill the Jelly within those three or four turns, then the Jelly simply leaves and you get nothing. That's why it's much easier to do as I said before.

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:46 pm

Easiest way to defeat the Jelly, have Dekar in the party with full IP and use Dekar's Sword's ability to cut his HP in half. Have Guy be equipped with Gade's Sword, which is an Octo Attack if I'm not mistaken... actually with that combo you could probably take him out pretty fast (within one or two turns) Also it's best to have Selan and Maxim equiped with something equilvilant to the Sky sword (as in it hit's all enemies once, then attacks again with a spell) that for double damage. It shouldn't take much more than one or two turns then.
Fan Fic Character of the hour:

Appears in: Guardians, Sapphire Awakens.

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”