Official Bugs and Features Thread

Talk about anything and everything in this board.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Chris
Forum Admin

Official Bugs and Features Thread

Postby Chris » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:35 am

Since I closed the feedback board, I decided that this thread would be necessary.

Basically, any bugs (I know there are a couple) you know about and any feature requests you have, should be posted in this thread.

I'll look into everything as much as I can.

Known Bugs:
:arrow: Error messages appear when an auction bid is made. As far as I know, the messages do not affect the bid.

:arrow: There are some items that are found in battle that do not have any use, and when you click on the name for shop details an error message comes up. This will be fixed over the next few days. If you don't want to keep them, feel free to auction them.

Feature Requests:
:arrow: Boss battles.
:arrow: More things in the shops.
:arrow: Cauldron put to better use.
Last edited by Chris on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:32 pm

I guess getting a Fiary Tear wouldn't exempt this thing :P I got it from some monster, it dropped it. I think I got it from the Goblin.

Also, shouldn't there be a choice of what monster you can fight?
Fan Fic Character of the hour:

Appears in: Guardians, Sapphire Awakens.

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

Phil
Forum Moderator

Postby Phil » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:36 pm

Yeah that would be good because some monsters are just too hard to fight at level 1. At level 2 they suddenly go rock solid! (I am level 2). I have received a fairy tear, Brave apple and a healing seed. It says none of them exist and they don't! I don't get it!
Phil

=> Drummer
=> RS Lvl 100
=> Hardcore Gamer

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:21 pm

Those mystery items... they have special functions, and I need to install scripts to make them work. (in other words, these items will be able to be used outside of battle in the future).

Two of the mystery items can now be used: Potion, and Burning Soul.

A potion is a basic health restoring item.
A burning soul cures poison.

To use these items outside of battle, go into your inventory and click on their pictures.

Choosing monsters? Unfortunately, that feature isn't part of the mod, and I'm not talented enough to put it in myself. *However* - there is an additional script that allows for boss battles. With this, you can choose who you want to fight.

Another thing I need to install is Player vs. Player battles... but I need to find it first!

:P

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:34 pm

I just fixed a bug - when you die or get poisoned... an image will appear over your avatar. Next time you die or get poisoned, take a look at your avatar!

Chu Stinger
Forum Moderator

Postby Chu Stinger » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:45 am

Phil, to clear some confusioness up, those unexistent items were items that Moogie [the modification author] had made when she had released the mod. So, yeah... =)

BTW Chris, I've found a small bug:

:arrow: Where it shows the amount of points the user has on the user information of the post, there isn't a link to the pointscp.php like there should be... unless, you had omitted that piece of code?
- Chu Stinger

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:48 am

The first account i tried to register here didn't work....every time i use that one it comes up and says

Error in obtaining userdata

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near ''[removed to fix forum backup bug]'' at line 3

SELECT user_id, username, user_password, user_active, user_level FROM forum_users WHERE username = '[removed to fix forum backup bug]'

Line : 67
File : /home/lufia/cgi-bin/forum/login.php

from then on i can't do anything......i think it might have been the unique way i spelled it that messed it up but i was just wondering.
stupid is as stupid does

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:25 pm

Chu Stinger - I installed the latest points mod... this must be a new part of it. I think people complained that their moderators were giving gold to themselves... so the mod author removed the feature of moderators being able to use the Pointscp. There might be a way to enable it again if you need it in the future.

majormastermind - your old username had some complicated characters in it... the MySQL tables probably weren't ready to cope with that!

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:40 pm

With the RPg... just curious, am I suppose to have about a trillion XP before I get to lvl 2 o_O

*Edit* I must had battled to much... "You've used enough Prize Items for today!" That came up x_x

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:49 pm

1) What is PL?

2) If your going to combine something like Spark and a Wooden stick, wouldn't you be able to get a stick of fire, or a fire stick or something? (with a fire proc and/or a higher attack rating. maybe even make it a mage only item possibly? It would be good for the auction market.)

*Edit*

3) Maybe even if you put in like 10 sparks and mix you can get the next level spell or something, same with heal.

Also if this was based on Shinning Force, wouldn't the swordsman be able to use heal? (Actually based on Lufia, swordsman should still be able to use heal at any rate.)

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:43 am

Cyrus_Soulfire wrote:With the RPg... just curious, am I suppose to have about a trillion XP before I get to lvl 2 o_O

*Edit* I must had battled to much... "You've used enough Prize Items for today!" That came up x_x

likewise...i've noticed some people went to level 2 with like 8 battles. I'm on number 10 and still level one.

edit: as soon as i posted i went to level 2....strange huh.
stupid is as stupid does

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:02 pm

Cyrus - PL is something that prevents you from using the monster arena too much in one day, in order to prevent a CPU meltdown. I think there is more in the FAQ.

I'm likely to change that combination thing - I was just experimenting/testing. Unfortunately though, you can only combine up to 4 items.

I like the idea of mixing four sparks to get the next one up... however, it would be cheaper to just buy an upgrade. After all, with magic, you only ever need one item and you have it forever. I might look into getting a special 'upgrade' item or something. Who knows?

OK, I'll give the Swordsman heal.

majormastermind - experience is gained randomly from a combination of posting, replenishing (happens when you view your own profile once per day), and defeating monsters.

The only way to level up when you have full experience is by posting a new reply or topic!

PS - I have a lot of real life work to do this week... I'll concentrate on finishing the shops and boss battles by the end of next week.

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:22 pm

well all that is interesting to know. Is there some you could make a sticky topic with all the info of the rpg like items list and what they do. The weapons list, requirements for leveling up and etc. When new people join they aren't gonna know that all the info is split up into like 4 or 5 diffrent threads. When i was new a couple of days ago i had no idea where the rpg was. Everyone was talking about it and i was lost. Maybe tell them where it's at and a breif rundown of the the diffrent areas in headquarters.
stupid is as stupid does

Imperial Dragon
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Imperial Dragon » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:26 pm

About the replenishing thing... you said it was only supposed to work once a day right? Well, it has happened for me twice today already, within an hour of the first... You might want to fix that...
Follow your dreams, you never know where they'll lead you.

Being defeated is only a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanant.

L'amour est une belle chose. "Love is a beautiful thing."

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:45 pm

Chris wrote:OK, I'll give the Swordsman heal.

Yay ^_^

In My Opinion Swordmasters should be inbetween Mages and Thugs in stats... Thugs should have the highest STR, HP, and DEF. Mages should have the highest INT, MP, and AGI. Just my opinion.

Also I don't really know how many classes your going to have or what their upgrade is going to be like, I just know with those three classes right now, it should be like that.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”