Final Fantasy X

Talk about anything relating to the Final Fantasy games here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Sheik
Knight

Postby Sheik » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:49 pm

I watched the beginning part, the whole thing is a big movie and it looks to me like there is more movie than gameplay, so I call FFX "the movie game"

And I have no interest in playing as the male version of Meg Ryan, so I'll just stay away from this one.

rougeredmage
Soldier

Postby rougeredmage » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:04 pm

yes i totaly agree with you there the game was a giant moive. infact the reason for the europian release been so delayed was the fact ( so i belive) that squaresoft had subcontracted the fmv sequences. and thus the majoirty of the game to other companys. and the battle system in ffx was ( not ver good) infact it seemed to me that they had just nicked the combat system of the nes games and done very little with it. oh and please dont get me started on the voice overs. as i despise and hated them. unlimited saga was bad enough with the ocational use of voice effects. but frankley the voice art in ffx was both terrible as well as sinking into some racial sterotypes.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:08 pm

Quite harsh... it did have its faults, but I really enjoyed the game.

Nevfangiel
Soldier

Postby Nevfangiel » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:32 pm

Sheik wrote:I watched the beginning part, the whole thing is a big movie and it looks to me like there is more movie than gameplay, so I call FFX "the movie game"

And I have no interest in playing as the male version of Meg Ryan, so I'll just stay away from this one.

I enjoyed the FMVs; they added a nice "real" effect to the game... At least play into it a bit more before you decide to give up on it. You'll get your gameplay after the spiffy FMV. ^___^

Meg Ryan? Heh. Yeah, he kinda does--not in the FMVs, though. It's not the best game in the world, but it definitely wasn't all *that* bad.

Phil
Forum Moderator

Postby Phil » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:42 pm

To sum this all up - Which do you all think is the best Final Fantasy game?
Phil

=> Drummer
=> RS Lvl 100
=> Hardcore Gamer

rougeredmage
Soldier

Postby rougeredmage » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:51 pm

erm for plot i personaly think ff6 for slightly better graphics without resorting to horrible ffx type graphics i would personaly say final fantasy 7 as it still looked like a game and not real life

> oh well for the first dark aeon valafor i used auraon with masamune had him with protect and had him used sentinel to cause lots of damage with the masamunes counter attack ability. just as long as he has say over 9999 he should be ok the. i suspect the dark aeons are not as hard as i think they are with the right amount of hp that is

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:28 pm

Phil wrote:To sum this all up - Which do you all think is the best Final Fantasy game?

i'd have to say FFVII was the best.....

rougeredmage
Soldier

Postby rougeredmage » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:55 pm

final fantasy seven was a game of its time.and still manges to encaptulate gamers into playing it. perhaps though final fantasy seven was not as good as people think just that the other games have not fully embarased the duel rolls of inproved cgi while further enbraceing unique and epic narative structures.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:13 pm

FFVII-2 was so epic... I felt genuinely sad when the game ended. I wanted more! I wish there was a FFVII-2!

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:34 am

they were gonna do that....but then they just decided to make the movie...but hey the way the ff games are going now days a movie would be the next game
stupid is as stupid does

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:21 pm

I think FF12 will be going back to the Final Fantasy roots... or so I've heard. I don't want them to turn into movies! :P

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:20 am

As far as I know, FFXII is going to be in the world of Ivalice, the same world Final Fantasy Tatics (I believe) & Final Fantasy Tatics Advance.

I have saw some cut-scene images that reminded me of FFX/FFX-2, but nobody will know what's going on until E3 2004 or when FFXII is released in Japan in Summer 2004.

Lufia_player_2
Sinistral Slayer

Postby Lufia_player_2 » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:27 am

If you can use you Sphere Grid well, everything is easy, like it was for me.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:42 pm

I don't think the sphere grid will be used. It'll probably be traditional levelling up!

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:34 am

Or maybe a class-changing system ala Tatics. That would be cool!

Return to “Final Fantasy”