Tower Of Discordiance

Online roleplaying takes place in this board. No out-of-character posts are allowed here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Tower Of Discordiance

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:53 pm

Located near the town. The tower is unexplored - some say it is full of monsters. At the middle of the night, strange music can be heard from the top of the tower.
Fan Fic Character of the hour:

Appears in: Guardians, Sapphire Awakens.

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:35 pm

Continued from http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~lufia/foru ... =6149#6149

Chris arrived at the Tower of Discordiance. He was expecting Megan to be there already, but she wasn't. On his own, he looked around the outside of the tower - he didn't want to go in alone. Chris began to hear what he thought was a chant from the top of the tower. Almost immediately, the chant stopped.

Chris knew little about the tower's past. Whilst thinking about what could be in the tower, he heard a noise behind him. Chris turned around quickly hoping that the noise was only Megan, Katarina, of somebody else who wanted to look in the tower.

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:03 pm

Lance got up from the battle and noticed that mostly everyone else had either went home or to the tower. Lance rose to his feet and his human side was healed but his robotic side was still down. As he sat there for a few minutes he started to regain the ablilites in his robotic half. After 10 minutes he was ready to go. Lance remembered them talking about a tower that the creatures could have came from.

Lance: (but where is this tower he thought.....)

He looked around and saw something in the background.

Lance: that could be it.....if i'm gonna find out any answers i better go over there.

He picked up a droped sword and started heading toward the object in the distance.

Lance I guess i'll be making this track alone.....unless i can find someone to join me.

He started headin off to the tower.....it grew closer and closer till he was apon it. As he got the the door was already open so he went in......
stupid is as stupid does

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:36 pm

Chris smiled when he realised that the noise was only Lance. Chris watched Lance go into the tower and wondered why he was half robotic.

Chris heard some more noises behind him. He turned around and realised that a number of people had followed him and wanted to explore the tower too. He smiled at this.

Chris: I want to thank each of you for coming. The answers to the monsters' strange behaviour are in this tower. It might be dangerous, but if we can kill a troll, we can climb this tower!

With this said, Chris walked into the tower after Lance, hoping that the people would follow.

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:43 am

Lance heard some commotion behind him. He could have sworn he enterd the tower alone. He grabbed the sword and got in a fighting pose. Then out of the darkness came Chris and other people. .

Lance: good it's just you chris....i was worring for a bit

On his left robotic eye there was a bar that said 67 percent.

Lance: that must be my robotic sides power......well at least it's going up.

Lance knew he wasn't at his fullest and any battle would surely drain him more. He twirled the sword in a Cloud manner and put it in the sheeth.

Lance: well they do say saftey in numbers....i guess i'll travel with you all. I need to find some answers anyways
stupid is as stupid does

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:12 pm

Katarina decided that she could not take it if she missed another battle and decided to join. However, Chris teleported and Katarina was at least a day or two away from the tower...
Fan Fic Character of the hour:

Appears in: Guardians, Sapphire Awakens.

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

Imperial Dragon
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Imperial Dragon » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:58 pm

After being healed by Li, Cole stood up.

'Careless...' he thought, thinking about the way he fought. "But at least no one got killed..." he muttered, returning back to normal.

He followed a few of the people to the Tower. After hearing Chris speak, Cole figured that he should take it easy, and not overdo it climbing the tower.
Follow your dreams, you never know where they'll lead you.

Being defeated is only a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanant.

L'amour est une belle chose. "Love is a beautiful thing."

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:17 pm

Chris and the people entered what seemed like an empty room. In the middle was a statue with four holes in it, as if four things were to fit in it.

Chris began looking around the room, wondering how they would progress to the next level.

The music from a higher floor began to play again. Chris noticed that the people were being spooked by it... as Chris didn't know what it was, he simply said:

Chris: ...Ignore it...

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:50 am

Lance heard some song playing loudly....

Lance:I wonder where that's coming from

at that moment he noticed a statue in the room......he walked over to it and noticed four slots in it. He began to look around the room for anything he could fit in the slots and he didn't see anything.

Lance: I'm gussing we need to fill these slots with something....i'm gonna go explore other rooms to find if anything fits these slots. Feel free to tag along if you feel like it....if not stay here.

Lance leaves the room looking for items to fill the slots.
stupid is as stupid does

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:08 am

Drake sensed something that seemed to be from the tower that he could see in the distance. It was normal for him to sense something like this, but it usually wasn't this strong. It was almost like there was something wrong within it... as if it were a cry for help.

"That tower's giving me a strange feeling," he murmered to himself, "I better go check it out, just to be on the safe side."

As he approached closer, he started to hear music. Not just any music, though, strange, errie music. It wasn't anything that he had heard before.

He thought that maybe he was in for more than he might hope for, but that didn't bother him. He entered the tower to see two youth-aged men, just like him, examining a statue. Upon further examination, there were four empty slots, almost as if there were four of something, each which would fit into each slotin the statue, and something would happen.

"This is going to be tougher than I thought..."

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:47 pm

Drake reminded Chris of a friend in his hometown. Suddenly, vivid memories flooded his mind. Chris began to look uneasy... he turned his eyes once more towards the statue and remembered a name: "Varlangard."

Chris couldn't remember why that strange name had come to his mind. He couldn't remember what "Varlangard" was. Was it a town? An island? A person? A weapon? A monster?

Chris turned away from the statue and noticed a torch holder on the wall. The torch was burning brightly... as he approached the torch, its fire seemed to get brighter. Chris moved his hand towards the torch, but stopped when he noticed a circular gem in the front of the torch holder. He moved his hand towards the gem, and removed it from the torch holder.

Chris went to the statue and placed the gem in one of the holes... a perfect fit! At that moment, he heard a cry from above. Something was not right. He began to search for more items that would fit into the statue.

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:41 am

As the other people were searching in the main room with Chris, Lance was out by hmself looking for something to fit in the slots. Lance walks down a long hallway and at the end was a door.

Lance: hmmm i wonder if this door is open

Lance turns the knob and the large door creaks open. He enters the door way and a spiral damp staircase leads him down. He walks down the steps almost slipping several times on them. As he got down to the bottom he noticed all kinds of old armors with strange markings. One armor shined beyond the rest. He walked over to it and noticed a strange jewl on the chestplate. As he plucked the jewl from the chestplate the armor started to move and the gauntlet grabbed his hand.

Lance :What the heck is going on

He jumped up quick, knocked the hand off and ran back upstairs. He slamed the door behind him and shoved the jewl in his pocket. He started back toward the group with an uneasy filling in his gut.........
stupid is as stupid does

Chris
Forum Admin

Baby Troll...

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:25 pm

A rock flew past Chris, almost hitting his face.

Chris turned around to see a baby troll looking very angrily at him. He walked towards the baby troll, who began to laugh. Suddenly, Chris fell to the ground - something had whacked him on the back of his head. Chris got up instantly and ran towards the other end of the room. He turned around to find out who or what attacked him, and was surprised at what he saw standing next to the statue.

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:20 am

Megan was standing next to the statue. She turned towards Chris, and said, "Come to this room (she points to the north)...before the rest of the people come back here...you alone are key to solving the monster infestation...".

She took a jewel out of her pocket and placed it into the wall. It dropped, and she entered.

As she looked back for a split second, Chris looked puzzled at her words.

"Hopefully he'll follow me.....for all our sakes....."

majormastermind
Forum Moderator

Postby majormastermind » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:47 am

Lance went back to the main room and saw some commotion. As he worked his way up to the front of the crowd he saw Chris laying on the ground the proceded to stand. At that moment Chris ran to the other side of the room. Lance grabbed his sword and ran toward Chris to see if he was okay. At that moment a woman was standing next to the statue and started talking to Chris. Lance could could make out some words then he saw her point to the north.

Lance: are you okay Chris.....

Lance pulls the jewel out of his pocket and hands it to Chris.

Lance: i think this might go on the statue.

Lance looks at the woman and she puts a stone in the wall and it droped like it was never there and she proceeds to enter. He looks back at Chris

Lance I think she wants you to follow her. Be safe.....if anything happens just yell back at us and we will be there for you.

Lance looks back at the woman and she was gone.....
stupid is as stupid does

Return to “The Roleplay”