Will it go on?

Talk about anything related to the Lufia series, and ask for gameplay tips.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Chris
Forum Admin

Will it go on?

Postby Chris » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:45 pm

Do you think the Lufia series will continue, or will Lufia: The Ruins of Lore be the last of the Lufia games?

If there were to be another Lufia game, how would you want it?

Phil
Forum Moderator

Postby Phil » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:47 pm

I would want it on the Gamecube and have it 3D like grandia 2 or skies of arcadia - something like that!
Phil

=> Drummer
=> RS Lvl 100
=> Hardcore Gamer

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:22 pm

I have ideas for a new one, but in reality... I don't know... if they do make another and it's not as good as most would hope again... sadly to say I think the series will never be looked at again until someone buys the name and invests lots of money and time into it =(
Fan Fic Character of the hour:

Appears in: Guardians, Sapphire Awakens.

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary
Head Moderator

Postby DualBladeAlstadtMilitary » Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:07 pm

I personally would like to see a well-done Lufia MMORPG. (Free, of course.) What would you think about that?

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:09 pm

DualBladeAlstadtMilitary wrote:I personally would like to see a well-done Lufia MMORPG. (Free, of course.) What would you think about that?

I don't know if it'd be free, but with all the other MMORPGs comming out real soon here, it'd have to be real ground breaking stuff to draw any attention from any of the others (mainly WoW, MEO, and EQ 2)

Cervius: A hero to his town. A patient fellow who loves to pull pranks. Cares for his younger brother. However... has a past that he can not forgive himself for.

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:03 pm

It would need to mix new ideas with a great story. Perhaps you could play as good, OR evil!

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:22 pm

Chris wrote:It would need to mix new ideas with a great story. Perhaps you could play as good, OR evil!

>_>''

Most MMORPGs are like that suprisingly just 'cause it's open ended. =\

About Story... it's really hard to create one with an MMORPG, but I have a feeling that WoW will be the only one that pulls off the best one so far.

Shocker
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Shocker » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:26 am

I think that Earth and Beyond is doing really well, they have alot of events and they actually have a global story going on...one of the races are being invaded and are losing bad or something...not too sure about WoW yet...
I like to smile like this:
~^_______________^~

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:59 am

Shocker wrote:I think that Earth and Beyond is doing really well, they have alot of events and they actually have a global story going on...one of the races are being invaded and are losing bad or something...not too sure about WoW yet...

Then EB sounds interesting then, though I have been a long time fan of Blizzard, we'll just see excactly how good or bad it is when WOW finally comes out. It''ll probably come out around the starting of next summer though.

Shocker
Hero of the Lufians

Postby Shocker » Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:30 am

Anyways...back on topic, If a new Lufia game were to come out, I'd hope it'd be for the Gamecube (since it's the system I have :P)

Hopefully they could get Natsume to get back on board, cuz the last game, in my opinion, was a bust, at least when you look at the quality of the previous games. As games go along a series they should general improve.

I think that if Lufia were to go MMORPG, it would be either awesome or suck-ass. If done properly with Admins and "Gods" Role playing their characters then the game, with a proper story and disasterous events (maybe cause by sinistrals) caused by the gods, could be very fun. On the other hand if it is mis-handled (ala Anarchy Online) then the game wouldn't be fun and be worse than the GBA game -_____-;
I like to smile like this:

~^_______________^~

Chris
Forum Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:28 pm

It could be risky... imagine if the online game got swamped by cheaters! Making an online game would take a lot of work if it were to be perfect.

Cyrus_Soulfire
Forum Moderator

Postby Cyrus_Soulfire » Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:30 pm

Chris wrote:It could be risky... imagine if the online game got swamped by cheaters! Making an online game would take a lot of work if it were to be perfect.

Yeah it wouldtake a lot of work, I think the average time it takes to create something like that is about 3-4 years.

Lord of Nightmares
Red Jelly

Postby Lord of Nightmares » Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:18 pm

Depending on how you look at it, if they decided to end the series now, The Legend Returns, which would be the last game in chronological order, would be a decent conclusion to the entire franchise. Though lots of stuff would still be unresolved, since Milka did mention that the fighting was not quite over, but it would be *soon*, and let's not forget Arek/Lord Aleksia. I suppose it all depends on sales of Ruins of Lore, which would motivate Natsume to develop the next instalment. It's too bad they never did complete Ruins Chaser, though perhaps in future..........

Sheik
Knight

Postby Sheik » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:21 pm

I've only gotten to the end of Lufia 2 (none of the others) so correct me if they already did this, but I want to see a game where I can actually travel to Doom Island and go through a real level and fight all of the Sinistrals (from everygame) and then go on to fight Arek.

Return to “Lufia Discussion and Help”