Xenosaga: Episode I

General gaming discussions. However, discussions about Lufia, Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, and Zelda should be posted in the dedicated forums.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Xenosaga: Episode I

Postby Naminé » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:32 pm

I just got the game yesterday, and man is it good. The music is good, but the graphics are amazing. Realistic, with an anime-ish quality to it. It's not for kiddies, as there's some PG13 language during a tense moment where a ship is under attack.....

The loading times are a bit long sometimes, and it seems every 30 mins. of play time is accompanyed by 15-20 mins. of cut scenes.

Even w/ that flaw, it's still an amazing game. You should get it if you like sci-fi RPG games.....

(plus it's a "Greatest Hits" title, which makes it $20 bucks)

Aretak
Soldier

Postby Aretak » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:52 am

I just wish I had a chance to play it. However Namco have decided that it will never be released in Europe, and as such I don't really have much chance of playing it since I'm unwilling to put a mod-chip in my PS2.

bad_guy
Sinistral Slayer

Postby bad_guy » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:41 pm

i never played it and never heard of it!
Drommels, drommels en nog eens drommels!

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:27 pm

Aretak wrote:I just wish I had a chance to play it. However Namco have decided that it will never be released in Europe, and as such I don't really have much chance of playing it since I'm unwilling to put a mod-chip in my PS2.

You could always get one of those programs that lets you play games from any region (Freeloader, I believe).

Aretak
Soldier

Postby Aretak » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:51 pm

I have a Freeloader for my Cube... sadly there's no PS2 equivalent. :(

Naminé
Forum Moderator

Postby Naminé » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:05 pm

Aretak wrote:I have a Freeloader for my Cube... sadly there's no PS2 equivalent. :(

That sucks. You'd think they would make something like that for the PS2 (since it is the more popular system, basically).

Aretak
Soldier

Postby Aretak » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:49 pm

I think that such a device for the PS2 is actually made impossible by the tray system it uses for inserting discs. At least I assume so, otherwise Datel would probably have something out by now. :(

Return to “General Gaming”